Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is no longer about "well we don't have a viable replacement." This is bordering on "we can no longer take our HC serious" if Barry keeps his job. 

I'd agree .. I don't care who is calling plays on D it just can't get worse than it already is.  LaFleur is looking like he has lost some of these players.  Jaire just deciding to insert himself in the coin toss does concern me .. that he said other players had his back in doing it is concerning.  It's looking like the inmates are running the asylum and that gets coaches fired.  Maybe they had LaFleur's permission to allow Jaire out there .. that's a bit unclear. Either way LaFleur needs to gain control of this team quickly or risk putting his own job security on the line.  Maybe I'm overreacting, but it sure seems like a bit of a clown show. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd agree .. I don't care who is calling plays on D it just can't get worse than it already is.  LaFleur is looking like he has lost some of these players.  Jaire just deciding to insert himself in the coin toss does concern me .. that he said other players had his back in doing it is concerning.  It's looking like the inmates are running the asylum and that gets coaches fired.  Maybe they had LaFleur's permission to allow Jaire out there .. that's a bit unclear. Either way LaFleur needs to gain control of this team quickly or risk putting his own job security on the line.  Maybe I'm overreacting, but it sure seems like a bit of a clown show. 

I don't think you are overreacting.  

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Nope! MLF said he did not know Jaire was going out for the coin toss. 

I've been one of the biggest proponents on here for firing Barry, however, we can't lose sight of the fact that our defensive players are ****ting the bed every other week as well. 

Gary, the $100m guy, has been MIA the last 3 weeks. Yesterday he was borderline awful and failed to contain Young several times. 

Barry actually adjusted yesterday and played a lot more man but our All Pro Ja and Stokes spent much of the day getting fried by DJ Chark and a 40 year white WR. 

Our safeties are awful (Anthony Johnson was unplayable yesterday). 

Outside of Preston Smith and McDuffie, it was mostly a clown show by our individual players once again and this happens way too many times. I think dumping Barry "helps" but it won't fix the larger issues we have with our top guys  underperforming way too often. 

Edited by packfanfb

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I've been one of the biggest proponents on here for firing Barry, however, we can't lose sight of the fact that our defensive players are ****ting the bed every other week as well. 

Many fans are still thinking the defense has a lot of talent, and it's just being misused.  The reality is that GB has modest talent on defense, and it's being misused.  There are problems all over the place with the back seven on defense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Outside of Preston Smith and McDuffie, it was mostly a clown show by our individual players once again and this happens way too many times. I think dumping Barry "helps" but it won't fix the larger issues we have with our top guys  underperforming way too often. 

Players who don't believe in the scheme and have no respect for the acumen of their coordinator are unlikely to be motivated enough to sell out in a game. They know the scheme is poor and they know that they are not being used as they should. The self-same players under a coordinator they believe in, will be a night and day difference in what they are now.

Just find the right guy and watch the D improve. The locker room can be very problematic with the wrong guy leading.... and we are hearing a thing or two that hints at a problem there.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You're not overreacting....it seems like LeFleur cares more to be an offensive coordinator than he does a head coach. I think he has lost the defensive part of the locker room completely as the players may sense he doesn't care about that side of the team. In addition, our special teams continue to perform at levels way below average even with Bisaccia (who is the highest paid special teams coach in the NFL). Accountability is lacking in that locker room. We may need to clean house.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

You're not overreacting....it seems like LeFleur cares more to be an offensive coordinator than he does a head coach. I think he has lost the defensive part of the locker room completely as the players may sense he doesn't care about that side of the team. In addition, our special teams continue to perform at levels way below average even with Bisaccia (who is the highest paid special teams coach in the NFL). Accountability is lacking in that locker room. We may need to clean house.

I saw a clip of part of MLF's address to the team after the game yesterday. It was pathetic. I'm coming to believe that 9-8, or 8-9 is what we're going to get from him now that his GOAT QB is gone. IMHO, MLF is not an elite HC. He belongs at the bottom of the next tier, similar to where McCarthy is, or maybe just below that. His hires are poor to mediocre. He can't move on from even poor assistants. Give MLF another GOAT QB and he would win a lot more games, but he would still implode when he gets in the playoffs against an elite coach. He tolerates mediocrity, so the coaches and the players will deliver the same. I hope I'm wrong, because we're stuck with him until MM retires.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I saw a clip of part of MLF's address to the team after the game yesterday. It was pathetic. I'm coming to believe that 9-8, or 8-9 is what we're going to get from him now that his GOAT QB is gone. IMHO, MLF is not an elite HC. He belongs at the bottom of the next tier, similar to where McCarthy is, or maybe just below that. His hires are poor to mediocre. He can't move on from even poor assistants. Give MLF another GOAT QB and he would win a lot more games, but he would still implode when he gets in the playoffs against an elite coach. He tolerates mediocrity, so the coaches and the players will deliver the same. I hope I'm wrong, because we're stuck with him until MM retires.

Then there will be a new Policy in Green Bay.

No more Mr. Nice Guys.

If you suck, you leave.

MLF made a bad choice replacing Pettine, no disputing that.  He'll have a chance to correct that mistake in a few weeks. 

If he gets it right, GB's staff should be in good shape heading into Love's prime with MLF running the offense, <newdchere> running the defense, and coach B running ST.

If he gets it wrong, GB will probably have a new HC in 2026.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Gary, the $100m guy, has been MIA the last 3 weeks. Yesterday he was borderline awful and failed to contain Young several times. 

Barry actually adjusted yesterday and played a lot more man but our All Pro Ja and Stokes spent much of the day getting fried by DJ Chark and a 40 year white WR. 

Our safeties are awful (Anthony Johnson was unplayable yesterday). 

This is why as I have alluded and I've seen @incognito_manallude to it as well, scheme is like 20% of playing defense. The only thing you can't to is lose by alignment (i.e. lining up 12 yards off on 3rd and 3 or having 1 DB out to defend a trips bunch looks). Defense is mostly an attitude thing, and if your guys don't have hot piss to stop the other team from getting yards, there is not a single call that will work on the sheet.

The scheme isn't the #1 aspect of the next DC, what's most important is, will our roster wasn't to run through a wall for the guy. They've clearly lost any desire to do that for Joe Barry.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

What was wrong with it? 

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What was wrong with it? 

Pretty lame. Something like, 'We found a way to win, we could've done better, but we found a way to win.'

There didn't seem to be the usual level of testosterone driven shouting and hooting from the players, like after an important win, either. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Pretty lame. Something like, 'We found a way to win, we could've done better, but we found a way to win.'

There didn't seem to be the usual level of testosterone driven shouting and hooting from the players, like after an important win, either. 

There was nothing wrong with it, just whining for the sake of whining. Pathetic was your original word choice, I have no idea how you come to that conclusion. 

They beat the worst team in the NFL by 3 points, it shouldnt be a pumped locker room.