How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/14/mark-davis-josh-mcdaniels-is-doing-a-fantastic-job/

“I like Josh. I think he’s doing a fantastic job. That’s why I hired him,” Davis said. “We did an exhaustive search and found the person we believe is going to bring the Raiders to greatness.”

A fantastic job?

“As far as Josh goes, I have no issues,” Davis said. “I’m getting to know him a lot better. When you sign someone to a contract, don’t you expect him to fulfill the contract?”

McDaniels is in the first season of a four-year contract. Davis was asked if he feels McDaniels is the long-term answer at head coach and replied, “Why wouldn’t I?”

Florio is a longtime BB/Mac/Patriots apologist. He’s no different any of the other NE yes-men that populate sports media in all corners. 

I’m not trolling, but I warned you guys about hiring Mac. Now, we (the Broncos) also suck, with a washed up QB and an awful HC. I’m missing the days when both our teams were good and the rivalry was fun. 

Here’s to hoping that both our teams make the right moves in the off-season and offload the garbage and get back to go old school AFCW football where it wasn’t the Chiefs just owning the division. 

Best of luck guys! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

It does seem like the coaching staff, Mark Davis, front office etc have decided to tank the season and leave Carr out to dry. Carr has to feel the weight of the team and fan base on his shoulders and the pressure piling on with the losses. Then to not really be backed up by your head coach, must sting.

Mark Davis coming out and supporting McD says to me that this is a multi year plan and this season is a throw away. Can't be easy for Carr, in year 9, to be in that position. And whatever promises he may have made to Adams to come to Vegas must also weigh on him.

Ultimately, I want to move on from Carr, but still feel bad for how its being done. Would have preferred to have cut ties with him in the offseason and not trade for Adams if this was the plan. 

Just a really poor use of resources in year 1 from the front office. 

It's complete dog**** is what it is. 

I like Carr. I've never been blinded by my liking him to say he's a top level QB. I usually place him somewhere between 8-12. 

Dude legitimately wants to be here, which is great after being a pit of death akin to Cleveland for so long. 

And we've managed to totally screw him the whole way. We'd all love more wins. We'd all love bulk stats. But we gave him zero consistency in coaching, arguably got worse at it over the years, rarely got him any real help as far as weapons, never fielded a defense, lost weapons when we did get some, and now this? 

The one year, after years of putting in the work and effort, and actually putting an offense on the field not made up of other teams'practice squad cuts, and we did it with Josh F'n McDip****? And the owner is actually appearing to take McDumpsterfire over Carr? 

Carr, for his flaws, looks like Tom Brady in comparison to anything McDumbass has ever shown as a coach. 

We went through hell with guys who merc'd out with us but didn't actually want to be here for the better part of two decades. As I've said, I have no problem saying Carr isn't a top 5 QB. I have no problem saying he's only arguably top 10. And based on the results right now, I don't really have an issue saying he's barely top 16. But dammit, nobody wanted to be a Raider . We could have conceivably thrown a ridiculous amount of money at a top FA QB (as often as those even exist) tomthe point they couldn't have passed us up for someone else, sure, but how often does that work out? End of the day, we have long had to essentially force people onto our roster. So I also have no problem being defensive of guys who actually give a damn. 

If we hired a HC worth hiring and things went this bad despite the resources used, fine. But we didn't. We hired the unhireable. We hired an idiot. We hired someone who would be a nobody in this this league based on his results without Tom mother****ing Brady and Bill Belichick bailing his sorry *** out year after year after year. We hired possibly the ONE coach that could singlehandedly come in and make an offense with a top 12ish QB, a top 10 RB, a top 10 slot guy, the best WR in the game, and a top 5 TE look like **** and lose the confidence of the entire squad in less than a season. And that's the guy Mark Davis and his "I play with my own feces" haircut wants to get behind and back? That's the coach, eh? The guy who has never amounted to more than a cuck OC on the sidelines because Bill was too busy being a HC and defensive mind and left the offense in the hands of the greatest football player to ever step onto a field? 

And to scapegoat Carr that publicly? Seriously? Mr. Let's Draft Tim Tebow in the First Round is your choice there? 

I hope Carr just pulls a Martinez and retires. I don't care if he's the 33rd ranked starter in the league, we don't deserve him. And even if he's not but the 18th best QB in the league, he deserves better than the absolutely pathetic folly of Chief Supercharged Bronco **** that we've put him through over the last decade. 

At this point, damn right I hope we lose embarrassingly. I hope it gets so bad guys simply refuse to play. I hope the crowds diminish. I hope Mark literally cannot afford to fire Josh and gets so broke that he has to move into Josh's spare bedroom and call him "Daddy" 3 times a day in return for leftover table scraps and shelter. I hope everyone gets their wish and we draft Bryce Young and he decides he'd rather pull an Eli and force a trade. I hope we wind up having to watch an offense led by an unretired Ryan f'n Lindley for the next 10 years because no QB is willing to sniff Las Vegas. And then I hope Mark ultimately sells the team so we can join the ranks of the other 30 real franchises in the NFL (screw you Dan Snyder, you aren't escaping my wrath that easily) and actually function for a while as something more than a laughingstock for a change. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

And to scapegoat Carr that publicly? Seriously? Mr. Let's Draft Tim Tebow in the First Round is your choice there? 

Scapegoat Carr publicly? JMD/Mark had to respond to questions that have come as a result of Carr/Adams throwing dudes under the bus publicly, lmao.

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

And? It's time guys got thrown under the bus for not caring. 

And JMD and Mark can just get hit by one. 

I personally think it's better to lead by having those conversations in house rather than in the media. But I guess it's everyone else's fault that Carr is completing 30% of his passes in the clutch this year.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Waller has wanted to be traded since the offseason but Mark Davis loves him. I kind of thought that Adams/DC's callouts were for him but this basically confirms it. 

Waller was on the sideline pouting and barely playing when Rich was still the coach though and has had some reservations about Carr since last season. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

There’s got to be a point where it gets so bad that we just realistically can’t run this thing back, surely?

I can understand that Mark wants to give it a chance until the end of the season regardless of what happens. He’s made a large investment and won’t want to bail without giving it a chance. But there HAS to be a point where he needs to just cut his losses if we reach the end of the season and things have just spiralled out of control. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sure sounding like Davis is going to be patient with this thing.

I wonder if Mark will let JMD decide what to do with Carr. 
I hope yes, as it seems in the past Mark wants coaches who like Carr. 

I think JMD and DZ said theyd happily give Carr the first year to analyze him. 
I just dont want it to be Marks call. 

Edited by BackinBlack

43 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

But there HAS to be a point where he needs to just cut his losses if we reach the end of the season and things have just spiralled out of control. 

As I've said and as Mark just said we've been competitive every week and have had the ball with a chance to win in 6/7 losses. It's one thing if we were seeing an Urban Meyer level of incompetence where the team just wasn't competitive at all. But it's different when we're just a few plays away from winning every week despite missing a ton of key players. 

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I wonder if Mark will let JMD decide what to do with Carr. 
I hope yes, as it seems in the past Mark wants coaches who like Carr. 

I think JMD and DZ said theyd happily give Carr the first year to analyze him. 
I just dont want it to be Marks call. 

Mark let JMD/DZ decide what to do with Carr when they structured his contract in a way that allows the team to move on in any offseason after this year with minimal financial repercussions. 

58 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That article gives so much more context to McDaniels thoughts. Thank you for posting. I could be wrong on some of my previous thoughts in light of what he says here. 

“Each one of our leaders has a really good pulse on what they think we may need relative to energy, or practice, or mindset, or what have you,” McDaniels said. “I mean, in many ways, it’s their team as much as it’s our team. So I think they have a great understanding of those kinds of things.”

Either way, McDaniels had no issues with Carr or Adams voicing their feelings.

“I think it shows that they care, you know what I mean?” McDaniels said. “And if there’s some person, or something that they saw, that they referenced, or that they could reference or speak to, then that’s what I would expect them to do.”

• Like 1