State of the Steelers

warfelg

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Wasn’t the biggest fan of signing Boyd but IMO they missed out on Gallup at $3 mill and Boyd at $4.5 mill.

Them restructuring Highsmith to give them roughly $18.5 mill in cap room(despite the rookie class and the in season $$$ amounting to something like  $11 mill) kinda makes me think they were close to something but it fell through.

Yeah, there was a lot of talk about that being very close to signing a major superstar or whatever.However it was worded but scotty miller is not that guy.

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

at this time after the draft, would you say the team with the WR to trade has more leverage and can yield more in return than pre/during draft?

It will be interesting to see what Khan does. They might be considering moving on from GP and this WR1 trade will be for the future. GP could be the next colbert player gone , after several more I hope of course .

If they can't land the WR1 they want, what would you expect plan B to be and who will they then target to complete the roster?

The only team with leverage on a possible WR#1 trade is the Bengals for Higgens as he signed his franchise tag.

Lynch can hold out for a 1st but 1 year left on his contract and lining up to cost $30M per year, i thinkn a 3rd is more likely what will be offered.  Could the desperate Steelers offer a 2nd? Sure but it is a game of chicken for Lynch to get anything out of this.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I read somewhere that Lynch overplayed his hand on Deebo and Aiyuk.  You will not get as much for them next year.  3rd at best but likely a 4th

I feel like they definitely did.  I said it a few weeks ago, but Lynch is new to having to go through the process of paying so many people and a QB all at the same time.  I feel like he’s about to lose some guys without any return.  Their RT isn’t that good, their secondary is thin and weak even with the addition of Green, and they have 2 of those ‘good’ secondary members up for a new contract next year along with every RB but CMC, their starting LG, one of their top LBs (Greenlaw),  and every WR outside Deebo and Pearsall that they play regularly.

11 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Golden>bud

and will cost less 

and isn't injury prone

I don’t know.  We’ll have to wait on the cost. This late in FA i think everyone is looking for a bargain.  Not sure he gets much. 

Golden looked decent, but is 33.  Bud is a little younger.  As a rotational player I’m not as worried about his injury history.  I think Bud is a little more stout against the run and you have Herbig for passing downs.  I’m not sure Herbig has the sand in his pants to hold up as a 3 down OLB if there is a long term injury.  

I’m not against Golden, but I think signing Bud would be on par.  

2 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

I don’t know.  We’ll have to wait on the cost. This late in FA i think everyone is looking for a bargain.  Not sure he gets much. 

Golden looked decent, but is 33.  Bud is a little younger.  As a rotational player I’m not as worried about his injury history.  I think Bud is a little more stout against the run and you have Herbig for passing downs.  I’m not sure Herbig has the sand in his pants to hold up as a 3 down OLB if there is a long term injury.  

I’m not against Golden, but I think signing Bud would be on par.  

Golden was fine playing on both sides.  Bud is a ROLB only unless something has changed.  give me Golden for a backup

• Like 1