State of the Steelers

warfelg

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

A rumor gaining steam:

On draft night we’re going to see DJ+32 for 12+6th with the Texans. 

ok, now what about the rest of the rumour?  Ya know a rumour ain't good when it's missing too much  vital info ;) Is this for an OT and who?

according to the chart , dionte would be worth about 160 pts in said trade, much more than I would have thought at several times. Khan is doing a great job if he keeps making trades comparable to the ones he has. He has me thinking colbert got lazy and the main reason our forum takes up much of the bandwidth here

Edited by 3rivers

23 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Maybe a trade back with 17 after that. I don't love that idea unless Carter or Gonzales are there. I don't really want to trade up for an OT. 

I don't really  want to trade up for OT UNLESS they do play up to the hype, thats the problem.  Too many needs on this team, and a deep draft  at some positions, so why not add several of these quality picks and be set.  I like the idea of trading dionte though, too bad they couldn't get 160 pts for him  in a straight up trade.

They might also see how the board is playing out and perhaps trade down a few spots perhaps twice and still get the player they want if they have a good idea of what the other teams are going to do.. Some teams don't need OT in RD1 as they  are set at starting OT.

Khan might be that aggressive, we will find out. colbert was lazy, as we are learning. But much of that could be because of the bush failure as well but trading down could have been an option over the years

@Dcash4  that trade would possibly get us the LT that the media and others want. Texans get a WR that gets open and would help them with their rookie WR.  A good move on their part if dionte will catch and not act up and not run backwards too much.  Of course there are rumours the texans might not take a QB as well, so wait and see.  

Edited by 3rivers

Getting a little more footing on the rumor. Seems to be Texans driven. The best guess is they go Anderson at 2, use 12 to get DJ+49, then try to use their 2nd and 49 for a later 1st for Herdon Hooker. Sounds like they don’t love CJ and have Hooker higher than Richardson and Levis. 

I know a lot of people will laugh but FA stunk, the draft stinks, and there’s been no WR trade market. I think DJ slots between AJ Brown and Hollywood Brown and both guys fetched a 1st. 

I feel like you could do this, get one of the top 3 OTs, trade back from 17 for a later 1st and future pick, and control day 2 with a move back there. If that happened I would be all for it. 

And honest question here:

What the heck is half of y’all’s expectations. Any time moving up is mentioned it’s complaints. Most the guys picked for 17 is complaints. Heck even moving back has had complaints. And most people doing that barely talk about who they like, only talk about what they don’t like. 

Sorry just a slight annoyance from someone who does put stuff out there about players they like. 

dj+49  is different than dj+32 :ph34r:

Still hope they do this, and get a WR or 2 depending how much they trade down. Trading down yields many good mocks . Typically trading from 17 to 25 + RD3 (get a good safety) and still getting a good CB. Then usually with the jets for 32 to 43+RD4 (get a good Center) 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

What the heck is half of y’all’s expectations. Any time moving up is mentioned it’s complaints. Most the guys picked for 17 is complaints. Heck even moving back has had complaints. And most people doing that barely talk about who they like, only talk about what they don’t like. 

Sorry just a slight annoyance from someone who does put stuff out there about players they like. 

Is the rumor 49 and DJ for 12 or 32 and DJ? That changes my thinking entirely. If it's 49, I do it in a heartbeat. Then we still have 17 and 32, which would be cool. I, personally, don't love the first round prospects outside of the top 10. I'm just not sure those tackles(except maybe Wright) are worth trading up a lot for. Paris is nice, but how much better than Moore is he? I like the RTs more than the LTs. I think Wright is a massive improvement over Chuks, but do you want to trade up for a RT? I know that's old school thinking, and Weidl brought in Lane Johnson early, so maybe it's for Wright. Baldy apparently loves Wright and thinks he's akin to Trent Williams, which would be a game changer. I wouldn't be upset with a trade up for the top 2 CBs either. If we could trade up for Wright, keep 17 and take Banks, keep 32 and take Washington, then snag Mingo later that might be interesting.

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

My expectation is first to get god players early, no jarvis , artie, bush colbert type picks early.   If the players are not what we want but end up being good, perfect, thats all that matters. 

As for trading up or down, see above, thats all that matter. Of course getting more picks is nice, unless (see above) they get picks that are no good . 

If in fact Broderick and Paris are going to be THAT good, then I am in agreement with the move up to get them. If they are both there at 12, maybe trade down one spot and get another Rd4 or RD5 pick on top of that. 

This team has too many needs , so trading down makes more sense unless the OT is actually  THAT good.  Some trade s in mocks have Jets OT Becton involved which would be tempting.  Bergeron could be a steal late 2nd early 3rd and would be part of the trade down mocks and those look really good and he would be great for the run game as well.  If they were to get Becton and Bergeron, the OL should be good for a while.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

A rumor gaining steam:

On draft night we’re going to see DJ+32 for 12+6th with the Texans. 

So Steelers getting 2 1st rounders.  Hmm in that case I would guess it would be for Brodrick Jones at 12 mainly because I would be surprised if Paris Johnson is there at 12.

So would that rate DJ's trade value as a high 2nd round pick?

Edited by jebrick