State of the Steelers

warfelg

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I'm trying not to overreact and think logically through it. Because I've also seen (unconfirmed) reports that when that line was in with Moore at LT Herbig was also at C over Frazier. If that's true then I chalk this up to Tomlin doing his "earn the snaps" routine with Fautanu and Frazier and Jones at RT is temporary. 

Additionally what the press gets to see is a small part of the OTA's se we don't know the 'division of labor' where who was in where. For all we know Jones could have practiced 70% of the time at LT with Fautanu at RT, and kicked over to RT 30% of the time to work Moore in.

I think I said it when we drafted Fautanu but the "battle" is going to be Jones V Moore at LT.  If Moore loses he goes to the bench and if Jones loses he goes to RT and Fautanu to the bench. But my 'armchair coach/gm' read of the situation is that they don't trust Cook or Anderson as of right now at one or both OT positions and the flexibility that Jones/Fautanu could give you is better, so you need to keep those three (adding in Moore) in the rotation of working snaps at OTA's.

Basically TL;DR - Bother me when we're a week our from Preseason Game 1 to be alarmed.

I am talking about Dan Moore’s attitude vs Broderick Jones. Jones, the 1st round pick, is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team. Moore, a 4th round pick, graded one of the worst at his position, and the team just invested TWO first round picks to replace - “ehh I don’t feel comfortable over there so I’m not going work my butt off at it to save my job and do what’s best for the team.”

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I am talking about Dan Moore’s attitude vs Broderick Jones. Jones, the 1st round pick, is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team. Moore, a 4th round pick, graded one of the worst at his position, and the team just invested TWO first round picks to replace - “ehh I don’t feel comfortable over there so I’m not going work my butt off at it to save my job and do what’s best for the team.”

he's a tomlin player, set no matter what.

RD1 picks won't even matter

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Not everything is about Tomlin. 

but HC has some say.   Giving the job to a RD1 pick seems automatic if the other option is ranked near  last in the league, except here of course.  If said RD1 picks show up out of shape and are no good, then I can see not giving them the job. 

if the QB gets injures because of moore while the RD1 pick is healthy on the sidelines, imagine the press that will get. Then the QB controversy to follow

54 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Oh yea for sure.  Add in the rumor that if he were traded a swap of 7ths is the best case and it's super stupid for him to not take a "anything for the team" attitude.  Heck I feel like even Jones made an underhanded diss of Moore when he said "some of us are blessed athletically to be able to play anywhere on the line."

• Like 1

You best believe I told my fiancé if her beer brand sponsors anything she needs to be in touch with her counterpart for the area to get us into a suite area. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I'd like to go but after seeing all those people in Detroit standing in a tight space butts to nuts for hours, I don't think I can do that anymore. 

I'm with you. A decade ago, I'd definitely be there. Now, looks too uncomfortable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I'm with you. A decade ago, I'd definitely be there. Now, looks too uncomfortable.

If they put it in the stadium, I'd definitely go. I'm not sure why teams never have them in the hometown stadium. There must be a reason tho.