Push Gate

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I don't recall being able to see how he landed whatsoever on the clip 

He falls on his butt and gets helped up immediately by the person in green/yellow.  His head clearly not hitting anything.  And while this is more of an assumption on my part, he doesn't look old.  So I can't imagine his body is all that fragile.  

LIS, Adams absolutely deserves to be punished.  You can't do that.  You just can't.  But I also don't think the camera man fell in a way that makes injury likely.  It ain't like he sat on the ground in pain or contemplating what just happened.  He immediately accepted the help of the guy next to him and while the clip ends before he gets to his feet, it seems like he was well on his way to that happening.

Again if I'm wrong and something comes out about him sustaining a legitimate injury, I'll quickly admit I was wrong.  But I don't see how that could be the case.  He stumbled, fell on his butt, sat right up and got helped right up.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

but he has a child's understanding of intent, apparently

All I know is that both an ex player and a sideline cameraman seem to be including, at least to some degree, the cameraman’s level of culpability and/or the environment, assumption of risk, and commonly followed etiquette in that situation.

i think it should all be factored in when determining an appropriate punishment.

6 minutes ago, DannyB said:

All I know is that both an ex player and a sideline cameraman seem to be including, at least to some degree, the cameraman’s level of culpability and/or the environment, assumption of risk, and commonly followed etiquette in that situation.

i think it should all be factored in when determining an appropriate punishment.

You think that bad takes that are irrelevant should be factored in simply because they were made by some random-*** people involved in the sport?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He falls on his butt and gets helped up immediately by the person in green/yellow.  His head clearly not hitting anything.  And while this is more of an assumption on my part, he doesn't look old.  So I can't imagine his body is all that fragile.  

LIS, Adams absolutely deserves to be punished.  You can't do that.  You just can't.  But I also don't think the camera man fell in a way that makes injury likely.  It ain't like he sat on the ground in pain or contemplating what just happened.  He immediately accepted the help of the guy next to him and while the clip ends before he gets to his feet, it seems like he was well on his way to that happening.

Again if I'm wrong and something comes out about him sustaining a legitimate injury, I'll quickly admit I was wrong.  But I don't see how that could be the case.  He stumbled, fell on his butt, sat right up and got helped right up.  

You're right. He looks fine on that angle.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You think that bad takes that are irrelevant should be factored in simply because they were made by some random-*** people involved in the sport?

I guess I wouldn’t consider perspectives from people who have extensive direct experience in those situations to be irrelevant. Nor would I consider those people “random”. They’re certainly less random than a bunch of anonymous people on a message board.

18 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I guess I wouldn’t consider perspectives from people who have extensive direct experience in those situations to be irrelevant. Nor would I consider those people “random”. They’re certainly less random than a bunch of anonymous people on a message board.

Are you confident you've found opinions worth repeating and not simply fringe opinions from a couple people who happen to agree with you?

i.e. are you sure that otherost (current and former) athletes and (current and former) sideline employees agree with the one or two you found and chose to represent?

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Are you confident you've found opinions worth repeating and not simply fringe opinions from a couple people who happen to agree with you?

i.e. are you sure that otherost (current and former) athletes and (current and former) sideline employees agree with the one or two you found and chose to represent?

Yea

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Of course he's not injured. All about a $ settlement. To get a $ settlement, usually a trip to the hospital is required. This guy will get his 30K but he's pretty pathetic for doing so. 

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Of course he's not injured. All about a $ settlement. To get a $ settlement, usually a trip to the hospital is required. This guy will get his 30K but he's pretty pathetic for doing so. 

Just adding some context:

"internet tough guy calls median wage earning camera man "pathetic" for seeking medical attention after a player on his favorite sports team who just signed a $140million contract unprovokedly shoves him to the ground following a tough loss"

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If Andre Johnson snatched Cortland Finnegan's chain in 2022, there would be people calling for him to do 15 years for felony robbery. I have no idea how anyone takes this seriously. Someone got pushed slightly outside the acceptable pushing zone at an NFL game. Ya don't say.

The only thing I disagree with you on is the size of the bag the dude gets. Let's send his kids to college at least.

The poor man’s name was Cortland Innegan

• Like 2