Week 6 GDT Ravens vs. Giants @ 1pm EST

Giants4eva

It's like all the feel-good wins we've been denied in the last few years are coming back to us, in just six weeks.

This is an incredible start no matter what happens later. I love how the team is fighting 🍻

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

LET'S PARTY GUYS, drinks are on me!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, y*so*blu said:

It's like all the feel-good wins we've been denied in the last few years are coming back to us, in just six weeks.

This is an incredible start no matter what happens later. I love how the team is fighting 🍻

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

LET'S PARTY GUYS, drinks are on me!

Whelp it's 5:00 somewhere...🍺

Sheesh. This win is even more impressive than last week. The reason for that is because the Giants were getting bullied up front on both sides for the entire first 3 quarters. Despite that, they were able to do what they've been doing - which is keep the game dirty and keep the score relatively close. Then the defense making a couple of HUGE plays at the end to swing the game to the Giants favor. People talk about teams finding out their identities. We know what the Giants identity is. It's a gritty and relentless football team.

• Like 2

Saquon making a hugely unselfishness and intelligent play at the end. That's a big sign of the type of player *and* the type of team this is. Kayvon crying tears of joy after the game. Those are both reflections of the sound coaching and emotion Daboll has stamped the team with. This team loves playing for each other. 

Edited by w4rrior723
  • Like 2

Been a few years since I posted in here 

Happy we are 5-1 

I'm reluctantly going for the dirty green birds tonight , that will be the boys in 3rd place us in legit 2nd place which kind of erases the lost from our first encounter with the boys and puts us in great position to battle for 1st place in the NFC east , happy for the win and hoping for the best

But definitely not getting ahead of myself 

Its definitely going to be a week by week situation and I'm definitely looking forward to next weeks game , good job G-Men and 

Lets Go Giants!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

Thoughts on yesterdays game.. 

Im without words. This team is unlike any ive seen in a very and i mean VERY long time. They play with heart, fire, passion, this team doesn't give up and they are relentless. This is a testament to the change in culture that is happening before our very eyes and to say it is beautiful is an understatement. This team truly believes in itself, no matter who they play, no matter where they play and under any conditions surrounding them. Its incredible what believing in each other will do for u. 

Thoughts on the offense.. 

1- Yesterday overall for the offense was a mixed bag, mainly because the Baltimore defense was really shutting us down on alot of plays. Saquon really couldn't get any momentum going until the 2nd half and it came in spurts. He still was good enough to get us the go ahead TD and then a smart savvy play to take a knee on the Ravens 1 yd line to seal the deal. Cant argue with a heads up play that insures they didn't see the ball back. 

2- Daniel Jones played solid albeit a hair above average. Once again he comes up with the big plays when this team needed them the most. The late drives in the game to get us this win were definitely something franchise QBs do for their teams. And yes you heard me right there... franchise QB. This kid is playing with no name WRs who on almost any other team are 2s' or 3s' in a teams lineup and he is getting the ball to them when it matters most. 

3- Good solid game for Dan Bellinger yet again. This kid is our clear cut TE1. Very happy with how he's grown over this young season, i truly feel he's a core piece moving forward. All he does is play solid ball week after week and shows he can be a weapon for us. So happy to have him.

4- Introducing Wan'Dale Robinson... not bad not bad, first NFL TD and a few catches. Decent. Good to see. 

5- The oline i thought did a decent job for what they had in front of them yesterday. That Raven front gave them a fit in the early part of the game. I still an very ansy about the center and left guard position. Jon Feliciano seems to be adequate at best, but he gets beat off the line more than anyone would like. 

The Defense.. 

What a game by this group. They were able to keep the play in front of them and not get beat over the top by deep passes from Lamar Jackson. They did struggle against the run and gave Kenyan Drake alot of yds on the ground. But then again that oline of the Ravens is one of the top ones in the league, we were bound to give up something whether it was rushings yds to a RB or rushing yds to Lamar. So happy for Kayvon getting that strip sack at the end, that was sheer effort and a thing of beauty. Not too bad a salsa dance afterwards either lol. Plus... hell of a play by Julian Love on that INT. Ill keep saying it... Love and McKinney are quietly the best starting safety twosome in the NFC. And ill tell ya what, we have something in that kid Dane Belton. He's showing flashes of a guy that can contribute and potentially be a full time starter. 

Just another amazing game for this team. Brian Daboll is on god level status as far an im concerned. So are the rest of his coaching stuff. Mike Kafka and Wink are just fantastic and deserve as much credit as anyone. This season is the most fun we've seen in a very very long time. 

Edited by Giants4eva

I am still in shock that we pulled that off. I'm loving every second of it but looking objectively at this one, Baltimore beat themselves. That's not to say we didn't play well but they were clearly better than us ON THE FIELD not just on paper and they made some terrible penalties and then terrible gaffs to allow us to steal the win. And that's okay! A win is a win and we're riding high baby!

1. Daniel Jones had another very, very good game. He's never going to show it on the stats sheet (especially with his iOL getting blown up in pass protection and still replacement level WRs) but the man is winning in every type of way. And if you look closely - the few times he does have time to throw - the man steps up in the pocket and throws SEEEDS to his receivers. The arm talent, accuracy and toughness are all there. Again, too little too late but he deserves a ton of credit. By the way, he has the lowest INT % of his career while having the highest Sack % of his career. The man is taking care of the football.

2. Wan'Dale's TD is a nice story but I need to see more from him before I make any bullish claims that we have ourselves a true weapon. Of his three catches, one was bobbled and the TD any WR in the NFL is scoring based on that play design. Not saying I'm concerned or anything but let's see him in a larger sample size.

3. Daniel Bellinger. Exactly what we need at TE. Love it.

4. I thought this was the worst offensive gameplan we've seen so far. It just was very disjointed. There was no flow. Maybe credit to the Baltimore D? I don't know. It just seems like Kafka wasn't sure what he wanted to do. 

5. Adoree had his worst game of the season. He missed some coverages, missed some tackles, just wasn't himself. Didn't have any terrible plays but didn't live up to his standards.

6. We might have a front 4 people.. They're not wrecking play in and play out but they come up big in every key moment. Really liking the progression there. 

Let's be honest, we lose this game if it weren't for terrible Ravens penalties, a botched snap and a ridiculous decision by Lamar Jackson to heave a broken play pass into the middle of the field. But let's also not give a **** because we're freaking 5-1! Now let's get Azeez, Toney, CorDale (for evaluation purposes) and Gates back out there (and Lemieux but where even is he?)

2 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

I am still in shock that we pulled that off. I'm loving every second of it but looking objectively at this one, Baltimore beat themselves. That's not to say we didn't play well but they were clearly better than us ON THE FIELD not just on paper and they made some terrible penalties and then terrible gaffs to allow us to steal the win. And that's okay! A win is a win and we're riding high baby!

1. Daniel Jones had another very, very good game. He's never going to show it on the stats sheet (especially with his iOL getting blown up in pass protection and still replacement level WRs) but the man is winning in every type of way. And if you look closely - the few times he does have time to throw - the man steps up in the pocket and throws SEEEDS to his receivers. The arm talent, accuracy and toughness are all there. Again, too little too late but he deserves a ton of credit. By the way, he has the lowest INT % of his career while having the highest Sack % of his career. The man is taking care of the football.

2. Wan'Dale's TD is a nice story but I need to see more from him before I make any bullish claims that we have ourselves a true weapon. Of his three catches, one was bobbled and the TD any WR in the NFL is scoring based on that play design. Not saying I'm concerned or anything but let's see him in a larger sample size.

3. Daniel Bellinger. Exactly what we need at TE. Love it.

4. I thought this was the worst offensive gameplan we've seen so far. It just was very disjointed. There was no flow. Maybe credit to the Baltimore D? I don't know. It just seems like Kafka wasn't sure what he wanted to do. 

5. Adoree had his worst game of the season. He missed some coverages, missed some tackles, just wasn't himself. Didn't have any terrible plays but didn't live up to his standards.

6. We might have a front 4 people.. They're not wrecking play in and play out but they come up big in every key moment. Really liking the progression there. 

Let's be honest, we lose this game if it weren't for terrible Ravens penalties, a botched snap and a ridiculous decision by Lamar Jackson to heave a broken play pass into the middle of the field. But let's also not give a **** because we're freaking 5-1! Now let's get Azeez, Toney, CorDale (for evaluation purposes) and Gates back out there (and Lemieux but where even is he?)

You are correct in this statement but also one thing that shows yet another positive with this team is if another team makes a mistake we are going to capitalize on it. You have to make teams pay for their mistakes and that is exactly what we did. You gotta love it!