2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-4 Visit the Miami Dolphins 3-3

Steeler Hitman

45 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

ESPN+ article, but Fowler mentions Mason and Claypool as trade targets:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34809515/nfl-trade-deadline-2022-early-buzz-rumors-christian-mccaffrey-chase-claypool-mike-gesicki-teams-deal

I am not sure who would make a move for Mason unless it's for, like, a sandwich. 

I also just don't see the Claypool trade happening, though it would be a pretty interesting look into what next off-season holds in terms of this new GM team. The Steelers way would be to just hold on for dear life and see what happens. Trading a guy like Claypool would be a far more aggressive approach, IMO. 

I don't understand why the media is always in such a hurry to trade away players. No one wants to wait for someone to develop. It is either perform at a high level IMMEDIATELY or you are garbage. Then after calling your trash (metaphorically) then you want a kings ransom in a trade. 

Trade Mason, trade Mitch, trade Chase, trade Dionte, trade Najee, etc. I think Mason would have probably been traded in preseason if not for the tragedy with Dwayne Haskins. Najee has been hurt and he will be fine.  No need to get rid of Chase no reason.  His production went down for various reasons (some his fault and others the system and QB's getting him or actually not getting him the ball on anything other than 50/50 jump balls).   

I would keep Mitch at least through next season and possibly longer if I could. Good QB's  take time to develop. Mitch has been all over the place with coordinators.  I think this is Kenny's team now and he's young. Better to have a veteran behind him like Big Ben did with Batch and Byron. 

Mason could potentially get you a pick, but it is not going to be a franchise changing pick, unless you can hit the draft lottery with a pick like TB or AB (in the 6th round) for example. With the concussion protocol and injuries, you are one head slam against the ground being tackled or sacked from being down a QB.

Until there is more development from Pickens and we can see what we have with Austin, you need the veteran there. Let's not forget that Dionte has exactly lit it up at WR either yet.

Well, we KNOW he is/was hurt and we KNOW the offensive line isn't great run blocking... so I am not sure anyone would be a fanboy for arguing things we already know. That's all before we bring Matt Canada into the equation. 

I am not trying to push a Najee is great agenda, but this isn't all a reflection of Najee. 

The thing I am more concerned about is that last year through 6 games Najee had 244 yards and 2 scores through the air. This year? 71 yards....total. We have completely eliminated his part in the passing game, which is absurd, because he was mostly only used for checkdowns. 

The running stuff isn't good, but hey -- we are not going to be a great running team this year. But the outlook of Najee is a lot better if they figured out how to get him touches in space in the passing game like they did last year. 

17 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Well, we KNOW he is/was hurt and we KNOW the offensive line isn't great run blocking... so I am not sure anyone would be a fanboy for arguing things we already know. That's all before we bring Matt Canada into the equation. 

I am not trying to push a Najee is great agenda, but this isn't all a reflection of Najee. 

The thing I am more concerned about is that last year through 6 games Najee had 244 yards and 2 scores through the air. This year? 71 yards....total. We have completely eliminated his part in the passing game, which is absurd, because he was mostly only used for checkdowns. 

The running stuff isn't good, but hey -- we are not going to be a great running team this year. But the outlook of Najee is a lot better if they figured out how to get him touches in space in the passing game like they did last year. 

This…there’s multiple issues from His health/OL/OC….it’s not just one thing or another.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Najee also led the league in broken tackles last year. He isn't doing that at all this year. 

I don't know if I can find the numbers, but I would like to know how many tackles were broken on passing plays. When you get him in space, he is a tough body to bring down. Our run game rarely provides a ton of space. 

But I also think that's about injuries. Just didn't look the same early on. Personally, I think it should be a rule: If you are wearing a metal plate in your shoe, you go on IR. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, August4th said:

The RB FA class looks solid on paper. Yay or Nay on wanting the steelers to get in on that? get someone like Tony pollard

Pollard is one of my favorite players in the league, would love to have him but for the amount of money it would take with already having invested a 1st round pick at the RB position I don’t really see this as an option. 

8 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

ESPN+ article, but Fowler mentions Mason and Claypool as trade targets:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34809515/nfl-trade-deadline-2022-early-buzz-rumors-christian-mccaffrey-chase-claypool-mike-gesicki-teams-deal

I am not sure who would make a move for Mason unless it's for, like, a sandwich. 

I also just don't see the Claypool trade happening, though it would be a pretty interesting look into what next off-season holds in terms of this new GM team. The Steelers way would be to just hold on for dear life and see what happens. Trading a guy like Claypool would be a far more aggressive approach, IMO. 

trading Claypool would be retarded. Trade DJ or Najee (or Dotson if he doesn't wake up) .  Claypool would shred the league with Rodgers throwing dimes all the time, just imagine. 

7 hours ago, August4th said:

I wonder if a team like GB would be desperate enough to trade a 3rd for claypool.

retarded though, Claypool is RD1 talent, and we would be happy with a 3rd?  I can't make sense of this unless he is a locker room cancer. Trade DJ! 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd probably pass. Najee/Warren is a solid combo. They're both good enough to win games with.

agree, more Warren though. Najee has his moments too, but the OL isn't good enough for him and Warren is quick and never gives up. .