Week 7: NY Jets vs DEN Broncos

Bobby816

48 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Pitt just held MIA to 16 points.  Their offense is struggling but they have an NFL defense.

I'm not going to overreact to the DEN game.  I mean he was pressured all game, lost 3 key pieces during the game plus Moore was out, it was really windy, and DEN has the best pass defense in the NFL.  Not sure anyone is lighting them up.  I mean they literally just held Herbert to like 4.0 ypa the week prior on like 40+ attempts.

The Jets actually scored the most points DEN has given up at home this year yesterday at 17 just FYI.  That D is very very good.

Now lets be honest Zach needs to be better but the kid just completed the 17th game in his career.  His QBR (21st) and YPA (23rd) are both slightly below average so people need to relax on bashing him.  He's not turning the ball over and we're winning.

Anyone who wants to see Flacco is crazy. 

Hold on I did not say I want Flacco in. I have said that we need a QB either in this draft if one falls to us or next years draft. 

You mean the Pitt D that allowed Miami to go up and down the field the first half of the game. Pitts D almost gave up 4 TD's in the first 4 drives. I think NE has a better D than Pitt and they will show is Sunday. The only hope is that the Jets catch NE coming to the Jets on a short week for them because they play tonight. Losing Hall just killed this team. I'm still hoping that it is not as bad as they think it is. I have seen a few times where the team thinks a player tore something but it was a sprain or MCL tear.  It is still not offical yet. 

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Hold on I did not say I want Flacco in. I have said that we need a QB either in this draft if one falls to us or next years draft. 

You mean the Pitt D that allowed Miami to go up and down the field the first half of the game. Pitts D almost gave up 4 TD's in the first 4 drives. I think NE has a better D than Pitt and they will show is Sunday. The only hope is that the Jets catch NE coming to the Jets on a short week for them because they play tonight. Losing Hall just killed this team. I'm still hoping that it is not as bad as they think it is. I have seen a few times where the team thinks a player tore something but it was a sprain or MCL tear.  It is still not offical yet. 

That wasn't directed specifically to you.  They still only gave up 16 points though to a good offense.  

I don't agree that drafting a QB round 1 next year makes sense though.  These next 3 games are going to be big for Zach now without Hall.  The passing game is going to be forced to have a bigger role.  Need to take 1 of the next 3 for sure.  BUF almost seems inevitable to lose but losing 2 to NE can't happen.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

That wasn't directed specifically to you.  They still only gave up 16 points though to a good offense.  

I don't agree that drafting a QB round 1 next year makes sense though.  These next 3 games are going to be big for Zach now without Hall.  The passing game is going to be forced to have a bigger role.  Need to take 1 of the next 3 for sure.  BUF almost seems inevitable to lose but losing 2 to NE can't happen.

Yeah if Zach doesn't progress much this year we can NOT draft an early QB again. We should try and bring in a legitimate starter that he competes with in camp and if he can't elevate his game he sits on the bench and watches in 2023 and get another shot in 2024 and if he still isn't elevating his game we know he isn't it.

Yes 1 out of the next 3 is a must to stay in the playoff hunt. If we go 0-3 we are in trouble and that likely also means Zach wasn't very good which present an even bigger problem. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I don't agree that drafting a QB round 1 next year makes sense though. 

Certainly way too early to tell. But let’s assume Zach does not show some serious improvement by the end of the season. There are two things that would sway JD one way or the other:

1.  Zach is not a good QB and probably never will be. Think Darnold.

2.  There are circumstances outside of Zach’s control that is stunting his development. OL, inexperienced WR, play calling, etc.

If it is number 1, he will draft a QB. Maybe not in round 1 because we may not be picking top 5, but he would probably get a developmental talent and sign or trade for a vet.

It is is number 2, then it’s a matter of identifying what the biggest impediment to Zach’s development is and correcting it.

If the season ended today, I might be inclined to acquire the best available OC and OG and let Zach start in year three. The OL still has trouble in pass pro so I don’t think any QB would be good back there.