Week 7: NY Jets vs DEN Broncos

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

BB will force Zach to throw next week to win. Better believe that.

Win or lose he needs that. He hasn’t really be forced to throw much this season and when he really had he’s been effective(Steelers game) he needs to get into a rhythm, these run heavy game plans are winning games but he needs the live reps to get his timing down. 

I'm pretty sure we were more of a threat passing in the Brooks Bollinger games all those years ago, but we're winning and I love it.

We usually have a tough time winning in Denver, at least in my head. And whilst our D has been good, Devner's has been even better. Happy to escape with a win.

It does suck losing Breece though. He really was becoming our offense the way CMC was for the Panthers at times. We'll find out if we can pass to win games when we have to next week. Zach has the talent but we seem to be out of rhythm a lot.

Sorry guys but I don't see Zach stepping up. All the pressure will be on him and when it does hit he crumbles all the time except that one game in Pitt. Sorry guys but Pitt is just a bad team and we hang our hat that Zach closed out the game against them. Zach will have at least 3 turnovers and that right there will lose the game. If he has no turnovers the game will be close. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Sorry guys but I don't see Zach stepping up. All the pressure will be on him and when it does hit he crumbles all the time except that one game in Pitt. Sorry guys but Pitt is just a bad team and we hang our hat that Zach closed out the game against them. Zach will have at least 3 turnovers and that right there will lose the game. If he has no turnovers the game will be close. 

He's going to be getting little help these next few weeks. Davis will miss time (looked like an MCL) AVT might miss time (elbow) and Hall is the big one. So he's losing his 2 biggest targets he looks to in Hall and Davis. So guys have to step up. Including everyone Wilson, OL, RBs, TEs and WRs.

I think besides the obvious of winning the game. It's hard to be excited about things with some key injuries and Zach looking rough again. Also the D didn't look great. They should've feasted yesterday against a backup QB and a below average OL. We had 1 sack that's it. It's good to be on the winning side of these close games and that is great for the locker room and culture. But we need to just start being better overall. Especially on offense. 

I'm not feeling too good about Zach. I think he's gonna end up being garbage unless he can fix his skittishness and settle his throws down when the heat is on. It's going to be too easy for a team to beat us sending 5 with our OL, so it's going to be a non-starter if he doesn't fix that part of his game.

BB is going to eat him alive next week.

It’s funny because Jets fans on Twitter wanna make fun of Tua or Justin Fields…you see our guy play? Over the past 4 weeks since he’s been back…nobody has thrown for less yards, a lower YPA or fewer TD passes. We are 4-0 because our D and running game. His accuracy issues are very very alarming. We have 10 games left and if we are getting more of them same for the most part, we likely top out at 7-8 wins and you are likely going into next year thinking the only way to compete is to bring in a veteran. He is holding back the rest of the young players on offense. I am not looking forward to this pats game anymore. The sad thing is the Pats late round 3rd string rookie looks light years ahead of him already. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Pitt just held MIA to 16 points.  Their offense is struggling but they have an NFL defense.

I'm not going to overreact to the DEN game.  I mean he was pressured all game, lost 3 key pieces during the game plus Moore was out, it was really windy, and DEN has the best pass defense in the NFL.  Not sure anyone is lighting them up.  I mean they literally just held Herbert to like 4.0 ypa the week prior on like 40+ attempts.

The Jets actually scored the most points DEN has given up at home this year yesterday at 17 just FYI.  That D is very very good.

Now lets be honest Zach needs to be better but the kid just completed the 17th game in his career.  His QBR (21st) and YPA (23rd) are both slightly below average so people need to relax on bashing him.  He's not turning the ball over and we're winning.

Anyone who wants to see Flacco is crazy. 

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

It’s funny because Jets fans on Twitter wanna make fun of Tua or Justin Fields…you see our guy play? Over the past 4 weeks since he’s been back…nobody has thrown for less yards, a lower YPA or fewer TD passes. We are 4-0 because our D and running game. His accuracy issues are very very alarming. We have 10 games left and if we are getting more of them same for the most part, we likely top out at 7-8 wins and you are likely going into next year thinking the only way to compete is to bring in a veteran. He is holding back the rest of the young players on offense. I am not looking forward to this pats game anymore. The sad thing is the Pats late round 3rd string rookie looks light years ahead of him already. 

I don't think that's true.  He's 21st in QBR and 23rd in YPA.  For context for all the Flacco threw for 300+ yards crowd.  Joe is last in both.  It's not just about total yards.

Herbert just threw for 4.1 against DEN lat week on like 40+ attempts.  That's what they do to QBs, that D is special.  Did anyone really expect anything different without Morre, Hall, Davis, AVT etc?  Even with those guys it's hard.

Edited by Rockice_8

Denver's defense is fantastic and Zach looked pretty rough out there. Both can be true.

He's still working through some things and not quite comfortable yet. That's why he misses easy throws. It's not that he can't make those throws, but when you're struggling all game to find open receivers and are not comfortable in the pocket (which is largely on him) your mental clock gets messed up and you start making errors on things that aren't usually hard for you (see:Uzomah miss). 

The "get him into a rhythm" cliche is annoying but that's what's it's derived from. You start hitting completions and doing simple stuff right and suddenly you're less in your head and can make that throws you need to make. Zach's just still not there yet. Idk if he ever will be but I also don't think he's totally a lost cause yet. Has to get better, but you can see the potential when he's on with his quick release and ball placement.

• Like 1