Trade Deadline Discussion

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really shocked

We’re not doing anything this year and he’s leaving in the offseason. They must believe they’re gonna get a comp pick.

It's clear that he's no...

*checks notes*

Hines, Jeff Wilson, Zach Moss, or Chase Edmonds 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really shocked

We’re not doing anything this year and he’s leaving in the offseason. They must believe they’re gonna get a comp pick.

They must’ve been highballing people. I can’t imagine he wasn’t the #1 choice for any of these teams that wanted a RB.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

They must’ve been highballing people. I can’t imagine he wasn’t the #1 choice for any of these teams that wanted a RB.

You might be right.

Our entire season will be realistically decided in our next 3 games.

If we go 5-6 before Deshaun returns we have a shot.

43 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think he’s upset because he was being shopped in the first place. Cooks has been pretty sour on being traded after the Rams, and IIRC said he wouldn’t accept being traded again in his career.  I think the Texans had told him they never would. 

I'd be irked too. Dude has done nothing but produce and nobody has ever really invested in him. 

Between on-field production and what teams have gotten in trades for the guy, the one-sidedness of his career so far is just mind boggling. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd be irked too. Dude has done nothing but produce and nobody has ever really invested in him. 

Between on-field production and what teams have gotten in trades for the guy, the one-sidedness of his career so far is just mind boggling. 

It sucks even more when you take the Pats-Rams stints into context. The Pats won the SB, trade for Cooks, he has a nice season and is their best deep threat in years…then they make it to another SB, he gets concussed early, NE loses by a possession. THEN he gets traded to the Rams, gets to the SB again, and then loses to the team that just traded him away. 

I know he’s a millionaire that gets to play football for a living, but that’s tough lol. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Yes, having two long YAC plays this year doesn't change what he's been. 

In all fairness, you aren’t trading for Hock (or most TEs) because they’re home run threats. It’s for the safety net, sure hands, jump ball, moving the sticks, using your size, getting open, blocking, etc.

YAC is one of the last things anyone should care about from their TE position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

In all fairness, you aren’t trading for Hock (or most TEs) because they’re home run threats. It’s for the safety net, sure hands, jump ball, moving the sticks, using your size, getting open, blocking, etc.

YAC is one of the last things anyone should care about from their TE position. 

That's true, except Hockensen isn't a good blocker or sure-handed. 

17 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Are you going to remove everyone else’s long YAC plays, too? Or do they only not count for Hockenson?

Not at all, I said they've been rare, which they have been.

Two this season and maybe one a year in his other three seasons. 

Hell, outside of his first pro game in AZ, I can't remember any others. 

3 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

That's true, except Hockensen isn't a good blocker or sure-handed. 

3 drops this year, not great, but not awful. Only 1 last year (off 84 targets) compared to the 10 of Kelce (134 targets). Had more to do with YAC than it did Hock, lol.

Isnt the blocker you’d want, especially for someone his size. Blocking is actually pretty low on the totem pole too when you look at the elite TEs, Kittle is really the only one that does it at a high level.