Trade Deadline Discussion

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

3 drops this year, not great, but not awful. Only 1 last year (off 84 targets) compared to the 10 of Kelce (134 targets). Had more to do with YAC than it did Hock, lol.

Isnt the blocker you’d want, especially for someone his size. Blocking is actually pretty low on the totem pole too when you look at the elite TEs, Kittle is really the only one that does it at a high level.

Talent is obviously there, but I just don't think he has that dog in him to go from above-average receiving TE to an elite one.

I think he's perfectly content doing what he does and getting that bag for doing it. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

They must’ve been highballing people. I can’t imagine he wasn’t the #1 choice for any of these teams that wanted a RB.

Maybe his history has something to do with it. Not all organizations will turn the blind eye like the Cleveland Browns clearly will as we all know. 🤷🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Maybe his history has something to do with it. Not all organizations will turn the blind eye like the Cleveland Browns clearly will as we all know. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I mean, technically can’t rule that out, but doubtful. Cleveland turning a blind eye to a situation’s like Watson and some team turning a blind eye to a situation like Hunt’s, are vastly different. Hunt’s situation wasn’t even DV, it was just labeled that way for some reason. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

When were the picks? 2024, 2025?

I wouldn't of either.

Only because Fitterer may not make it till then lol. 

For a GM with job security? Two FRPs for a good but not great rusher is a steal. They’re a year off, which isn’t great, but who knows what the Rams will look like by then. It’s not like we’re talking KC’s picks.

39 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Woof. Think I would’ve taken that one.

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

When were the picks? 2024, 2025?

I wouldn't of either.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Only because Fitterer may not make it till then lol. 

For a GM with job security? Two FRPs for a good but not great rusher is a steal. They’re a year off, which isn’t great, but who knows what the Rams will look like by then. It’s not like we’re talking KC’s picks.

Rams definitely can only offer 2024-25 as the earliest.

I get both sides TBH - it's a gamble, but the chances that the Rams go-for-it mode finally crumbles apart in either 2023 or 2024 isn't small.    They lost their LT to an Achilles, the D is a mess, and their core will be 2 years older.   

On the other hand, Burns is only 24, and yeah, those picks are the equivalent of a 2023 2nd and 2023 3rd - and they don't help the GM keep his job in 2023.    But from an org perspective, ESPECIALLY if the goal is to get your QB, trading away Burns also gets closer to that.   But it's just tough when it's a premium position player, and 24 to boot.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

But it's just tough when it's a premium position player, and 24 to boot.

My bigger issue is the player. He’s got potential to be much better than he is, but is anyone mistaking him for an elite or even high end (think Matt Judon, Trey Hendrickson area) rusher? You hope he becomes that, sure. But that’s a $20M+/year contract and two FRPs you’re losing.