Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Not sure what I'm more disappointed in....

Not trading for anyone.

Or not selling anyone.

To do neither seems foolish.

Should be not trading Rodgers two years ago if this was the approach they were going to take. 

You're either all in or all-out. We are stuck in the middle with him. 

Image result for Aaron Rodgers Meme

5 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

I think it’s pretty obvious...Rodgers comes back for another year or two. I wanted something done more than anybody, but what are you to do if: 

-Denver won’t trade jeudy 

-Carolina won’t trade DJ moore 

-Pittsburgh wants a first for claypool 

-Texans won’t eat any of the $18 mill for cooks? 

“GO TRADE FOR AJ GREEN TO SHOW WE ARE SERIOUS”.....give me a break. 

? Pitt traded him for a 2nd. He was the one that really made sense since he's still on his rookie deal.

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Especially the GM! Rodgers called Gute out bigtime two off seasons ago and Gute caved like a coward. His *** should have been headed to Denver as soon as that interview came out. 

Yeah but in this hypothetical, Packers fans would have watched Rodgers play MVP seasons while Jordan Love struggled. Hard to imagine Gute getting a lot of love on this site with that going on.

3 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Agree, but 90% of fans would agree that trading a back to back MVP who could theoretically play a few more seasons at that level is not easy. At the end of August, I (and most fans) would have agreed that this team had 1-2 more super bowl runs in them.

Gute made the reasonable decision to roll the dice with Rodgers one more time. Wrong in hindsight, but not crazy at the time.

I wanted Rodgers traded, but I am not blaming Gute for getting him back. What I am blaming him for is not getting Rodgers any immediate help.

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah but in this hypothetical, Packers fans would have watched Rodgers play MVP seasons while Jordan Love struggled. Hard to imagine Gute getting a lot of love on this site with that going on.

With the amount of draft capital, he would have had we wouldn't have struggled for more than one year. 

You think Rodgers was going to go to another team and suddenly change? LOL! He's would have held the ball more than he did here because he wasn't sure what his WR's were going to do. Not to mention learning another system. 

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Did they get a first for Claypool? Not that I want him but pretty sure they did not get a 1st for him. 

It was alleged Packers offered a second but they went with the Bears second....one can assume it’s the “bears will draft higher than the Packers” theory similar to what happened with Khalil Mack? In order to beat a second, what do you offer? A first....unless you offer two seconds, or multiple picks. I for one wouldn’t have been interested in any of those options. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why would he quote his own tweet one Cooks then...?

No idea but just read the tweet. He said no "deals" for the Packers and then said they tried. Maybe Cooks was one of the those "deals" but I don't think the tweet really has anything to do with Cooks per se.