2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That he's being legitimately considered and not ignored lol

But, sure, KD the perpetual victim so it would make sense that the stans also purport that behavior.

Why you so offended and in your feelings lol? Bringing up the word “victim” when we are talking about a not-even midseason MVP convo. Ain’t that deep. Sit back man.

Edited by Kip Smithers

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Y’all don’t know how this MVP thing works and who votes for these things? It’s a narrative driven award and that’s what voters go for. What the heck does being #5 mean? 

I guess I don't understand your gripe. It's not like people are writing MVP articles left and right without mentioning Durant.

Do you think he has an argument over Tatum, Giannis, or Jokic? Otherwise, what's the point of mentioning it?

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Why you so offended and in your feelings lol? Bringing up the word “victim” when we are talking about a not-even midseason MVP convo. Ain’t that deep. Sit back man.

lol I'm definitely not the one "in my feelings" here but go off stan.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I guess I don't understand your gripe. It's not like people are writing MVP articles left and right without mentioning Durant.

Do you think he has an argument over Tatum, Giannis, or Jokic? Otherwise, what's the point of mentioning it?

I think he has as good an argument as anybody right now. 

19 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think he has as good an argument as anybody right now. 

There are a handful of people that have a good argument, and Durant is one of them. You yourself said the season isn't even halfway over with, so the MVP argument isn't exactly on people's radars.

Did you see articles or rankings that failed to mention Durant? I just don't get it I guess. It's like me complaining that JJJ isn't being taken seriously as a DPOY candidate. Like, he is a candidate, but people aren't really debating it right now so I'm just creating a narrative.

It's not like Durant is just blowing everyone out of the water. He's playing like a top 5ish player, but there are a few that are playing just as well or better.

6 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

So stupid that because of "historical precedent" and narratives and whatever that Jokic has essentially no shot at MVP this year despite this being by far his best year.

I wouldn't say thats true. If the Nuggets finish as a top 3 seed in the West he will absolutely have a shot to win it. I do think it's hard to justify him if they finish behind the Grizzlies/Pelicans and Ja/Zion keep putting up the numbers they have been. 

What are the chances of a guy like Clint Capela becoming available? Pelicans biggest issue right now is rebounding late in games, because Willie won't play Jonas because he gets abused in PnR. Pelicans desperately need a big man who can defend/rebound for late game closings. It cost us the Jazz and Suns game late. 

2 hours ago, Kingram said:

What are the chances of a guy like Clint Capela becoming available? Pelicans biggest issue right now is rebounding late in games, because Willie won't play Jonas because he gets abused in PnR. Pelicans desperately need a big man who can defend/rebound for late game closings. It cost us the Jazz and Suns game late. 

I'd say he's gettable, but you might have to overpay. He's kind of important to Atlanta.

Let's assume Washington continues to lose and Beal FINALLY says he wants to be traded. With his contract and injury history, what do you think the Wizards could actually get back for him?

*Beal could also lower his own trade value by limiting what teams he would want to go to because of that baffling NTC he was given, but let's assume he'd be willing to go to any team with a decent chance at the playoffs.

Edited by seminoles1

32 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Bulls blowing their team up would be risky.  They dont own their first round pick unless it's top 4 protected.  Imagine if they traded Lavine, Derozan and Vuc only to end up with the 5th pick.  LOL

I mean, they suck. I would still trade them and hope to get a top 4 pick. If you don't, then at least you'll replenish your assets and have some picks. Vuc probably doesn't bring anything back, but DeRozan and LaVine should still get them 3-4 1sts and some salary relief.