Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That goes completely against what he just said, which I posted a link to in the Barry thread.

I think you're reading way too much into what he said. Just because he's not making Barry the fall guy right now doesn't mean changes won't be made when the season is over.

Edited by Brat&Beer

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

Offense should be decent enough with improved OL play and Rodgers being more comfortable with the WR group.

Decision on Jenkins and Tonyan need to be made  with limited cap space at the present.

Defense should be better with a replacement of the DC and players buying more into the scheme and philosophy.  Need to upgrade Safety and add some things to the DL

High draft picks should help fill some holes.

Tag and Trade Jenkins to the highest bidder

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'll add to your post.

I hear the comment regarding Gute as "he wasted the last few years of Rodgers".

Without any mention of the restructuring of contracts that brought the core team back for like 3 years.

Then there is this....did Tomlin ruin Big Ben?  Big Ben who won a couple of SB's early....then never another one?

Philip Rivers was wasted, too.

Colts ruined Luck.

Shula ruined all of Marino's career.

Payton ruined a lot of Brees' career.

Reid ruined McNabb.

I mean, the list writes itself.  Just getting to the big game is tough enough.  Winning it is even tougher.

Just because Brady has won a ton of big games doesn't mean it is just that easy.  Certainly helps when you take less than a market value contract.  

Perspective is a mofo when you take the time to view from more than a singular view. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That goes completely against what he just said, which I posted a link to in the Barry thread.

Heh heh, I hope MLF doesn't bring Hackett back as OC after Hackett gets fired in Denver. 

I really like MLF, but have never been confident that his offensive creativity, play-design, and play-calling was very good. 

But his selection of coordinators doesn't reflect very favorably.  Seems kind of 0-for-3 with Hackett, Barry, and Steno. 

43 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If it takes being rid of LaFleur to be rid of Barry, ******* do it.

I doubt this has to happen. MLF just has no reason to make the move at DC right now. What are the optics of letting go of coaches mid year. It can reflect poorly on MLF as well rather than just saying the DC is bad. It is MLF's fault yes, but he was not our first choice. Should have had a better back up plan. I do not see a way that MLF keeps him or most of the staff next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yah, MLF is to "mushy/soft/nonaggressive" for my liking.  He isn't going to throw Barry under the bus but sure wish he would put him more directly in its headlights.  Show some frickin balls.

45 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Yah, MLF is to "mushy/soft/nonaggressive" for my liking.  He isn't going to throw Barry under the bus but sure wish he would put him more directly in its headlights.  Show some frickin balls.

I actually like him for that quality. He and McCarthy both. I'm glad when you don't have to listen to sports talk host talk about chaos in the locker room or front office

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

I actually like him for that quality. He and McCarthy both. I'm glad when you don't have to listen to sports talk host talk about chaos in the locker room or front office

The coaches are a fraternity and basically have the same agents.  They don't say anything bad about one another very often .. just the way it is.  

1 hour ago, craig said:

Heh heh, I hope MLF doesn't bring Hackett back as OC after Hackett gets fired in Denver. 

I wouldn't have a problem with it if that's the consensus view.  Gotta get input from the QBs, staff and player leaders.  If they feel he's an improvement for the short term and long term, go for it.

58 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Not saying he should directly say "get better or you are fired".  Would like to see more fire out of him than just giving credit to the other team for kicking their ***.  Guy doesn't have to go nuts but the "we've got a lot to clean up and we have to tackle better" just hasn't cut it this year.

• Like 1

Guys,

just pray for entire Denver coaching staff to be gone

then then then

we can hire the best D coordinator in the league from that staff

their D efficiency is of 2000 ravens level with the ineptitude of offense they have.

1st in Pass D

3rd in Rush D

1st in Takeaways D

1st in RZ D

Edited by Jaire_Island
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

A head coach will never call out one of his assistants like that. Ever. You might hear a HC get pretty pointed with saying a unit just played to a really pathetic standard, but they will absolutely never admonish an assistant in a press conference like that. Being professional or not is irrelevant, it's unproductive and that's all that really matters.