Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

11 hours ago, Billy86 said:

Rodgers said people should see less of the field if they're not getting it done. 

If we lose lose another game or two like this, should he include himself in that list? 

Last night Rodgers was the least of our issues.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Howler said:

Buffalo may have more explosive plays tonight than GB amassed through the last 4 games. 

The personnel and philosophies are stark. 

If we had the same caliber of personnel the Bills do we would play like they do too.

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

From a mentality standpoint, very encouraging half. They've played for each other and never folded. To watch half a season with a folded locker room like in 2018 would be miserable.

And this is why kudos to MLF.  For all the grief he deserves for the outcomes of these games it appears he hasn't lost the locker room.

10 hours ago, Starchisaga said:

I’ll take it.   While they didn’t win, they seemed dedicated to the run, controlling the clock, and were in the game for three quarters against the best team in the NFL.

THEY RAN THE BALL!  
AR trusted the rookies…. a bit!

I’ll take it as progress.    

Wildcard = we have a chance. 

I don't know about the WC but if they keep playing like they did last night at least they will be watchable...

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I am so over Savage. He turned down several opportunities to tackle last night. HaHa Clinton-Dix 2.0.

The Packers showed some hunger in the second half. Hopefully, they can continue to play like that and make it to 9-8. 

Why? I can't think of anything worse than being the 8th seed in a 14 team playoff. 

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   If you would have told me the Packers put up almost 400 yards of offense, held Josh Allen to 13/25 passing for 218 yards, 2 td's, 2 ints, won the turnover battle, ran for over 200 yards & won time of posession by over 7 minutes, I would have liked GB's odds. But they lost by 10.

If we had a functioning defense...

Observations.

I'm actually pretty proud of the team.

On the road, playing a GREAT team.  Lost it's two ILB's.  And still.....fought hard.  We were outgunned, but we did not quit.

(To be fair, I did.  I fell asleep with like 8 minutes left or something like that.)

Tom was a huge negative for me.  Just no base power to play guard.  He battled, for sure, he just is not a guard.  For as much as I thought he could be a center, man, he's got no base for that either.  Dude needs strength.

Took until halfway through the third quarter before I heard or saw Preston Smith do anything.

Saw Clark getting combo'd and destroyed inside all game.

Saw Lowry on the ground a lot.

Love JA!  I want him talking all the time.  If I were GB I'd take the penalty and just let him run by the other team and jaw with them.  It seems to motivate him.

Still wish Douglas wasn't ever in the slot.

Starting to really despise Savage.  He's really, really good at diving at ankles and missing.  His run fills are bad, but to make up for it, he makes business decisions on tackles.  And he's not around the ball when it is in the air.

Thought Bakh had a really, really solid game.

Thinking, but not sure.....Runyan may be playing better at RG than he did LG?

Gary is getting an awful lot of attention lately.

Honestly?  Best Rodgers game that I've seen him play in a while.  He was trying some things, just didn't have time to execute.

Aaron Jones is a complete stud.  Check that.  Complete.  Stud.  Dude would lead the league in rushing if he were a 49er.

Thought Dillon was done for the year with a hyperextended knee.  Tough dude to come back and play after that.  How a man who is that jacked in the legs can be that flexible is amazing.

That call on the Tonyan TD was BS.  If our safeties sit on routes and impede routes, it's a penalty.  Wasn't happy about that.  Probably the only time I yelled at the tv.

Anyway.....I'm still kindda proud of the performance, all around.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, packerstk7 said:

That’s an excuse if you play bad for 2-3 games. Not 8.

I don't know if is an excuse.  With all of the new WRs the offensive starters should have played more in the preseason than they did.  You just don't get QB/WR cohesion at practice.

Just now, Pugger said:

I don't know if is an excuse.  With all of the new WRs the offensive starters should have played more in the preseason than they did.  You just don't get QB/WR cohesion at practice.

That's sure as hell where it starts!

QB1 showing up to OTAs probably wouldn't have hurt. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If you want to live in misery then you chose to dwell on every single negative.  I am choosing to try and find a few positives.  

If we are honest with ourselves we all had to know going into a place we historically have never had success in against that team rested coming off a bye we were going to win.  There are some positives to take away from last night and I too will make that choice.  I'm just glad we weren't blown out.   

• Like 1