Week 8 Thread: The Wentz vs Matt Ryan game - where neither of them plays

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I don't look at him as a long-term starter. I look at him as an inexpensive stop-gap. He's going to make bonehead mistakes because he doesn't have the arm to get himself out of trouble but for whatever reason he wins games. I don't know why or how but when it matters he comes through? He costs this team like $2M a year and he's outplaying the guy they gave up multiple picks for who also forced us to sit out the off-season. Everyone knows I'd rather see Howell out there but they aren't going to do it and its better than giving up a second round pick for Wentz. 

I understand what you're saying, and all I was saying was he does turn the ball over. Wentz's highs are higher but lows are lower. Statistically you're right he is playing better by a small margin and also 2-0 starting, but we'll see next week if he actually has improved over the offseason like he says he has. It goes without saying, Wentz obviously isn't worth 26 million more than Heinicke, but he can make throws that TH can't. He just can't move anymore and with this oline we need someone who can move.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I understand what you're saying, and all I was saying was he does turn the ball over. Wentz's highs are higher but lows are lower. Statistically you're right he is playing better by a small margin and also 2-0 starting, but we'll see next week if he actually has improved over the offseason like he says he has. It goes without saying, Wentz obviously isn't worth 26 million more than Heinicke, but he can make throws that TH can't. He just can't move anymore and with this oline we need someone who can move.

Seeing Howell would've been the best thing for this franchise but we aren't going to do that. Throwing Wentz back out there to stand around in the pocket and get sacked 7 times while costing this team a second round pick cannot happen. They're idiots who put that in the deal and had they not you could go back to Wentz. You absolutely cannot put him back on the field now though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Seeing Howell would've been the best thing for this franchise but we aren't going to do that. Throwing Wentz back out there to stand around in the pocket and get sacked 7 times while costing this team a second round pick cannot happen. They're idiots who put that in the deal and had they not you could go back to Wentz. You absolutely cannot put him back on the field now though.

I agree. I think you ride TH until he loses. Depending on when that is, is when you start having a decision to make. I also would like to see Howell so we know what we have or don't have, but if TH keeps winning, you have to keep putting him out there.