Around the NFL week 8

textaz03

It’s crazy how Quinn’s stock has actually gone up with age. Three and a half years ago we got him for a sixth and he took a paycut down to $8M. Now Philly takes on his monstrosity of a contract from the Bears and pays a fourth rounder for the privilege.

Anyway, yeah, should make this weekend a cinch, but um, not thrilled that he’s an Eagle

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

It’s crazy how Quinn’s stock has actually gone up with age. Three and a half years ago we got him for a sixth and he took a paycut down to $8M. Now Philly takes on his monstrosity of a contract from the Bears and pays a fourth rounder for the privilege.

Anyway, yeah, should make this weekend a cinch, but um, not thrilled that he’s an Eagle

Chicago is paying his salary for 2022. Eagles have him for 3 years, ~$28M, and no guaranteed money. That is not a heavy burden. 

300+ snaps for Quinn this season and only 1 sack. That’s a drastic drop from his o e last year. Did scheme change under Eberflus cause this or was last season an anomaly? 

I’m sure he’s going to benefit some from the boost in talent around him, but I’m hesitant to say this is a game changer.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

300+ snaps for Quinn this season and only 1 sack. That’s a drastic drop from his o e last year. Did scheme change under Eberflus cause this or was last season an anomaly? 

I’m sure he’s going to benefit some from the boost in talent around him, but I’m hesitant to say this is a game changer.

He’s facing a massive number of double teams in Chicago, and he’s 6 games removed from an 18.5 sack season.

I think he’s going to make an impact for the Eagles.

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Chicago is paying his salary for 2022. Eagles have him for 3 years, ~$28M, and no guaranteed money. That is not a heavy burden. 

Perhaps the draft/cap stuff differences are minimal, but it does feel as if he’s turned his career around since we initially traded for him.  Not sure how many other players have 8 years separating their two 18+ sack seasons 

its crazy to think that was 20 years ago today! The great Emmitt Smith became the all time rushing leader in the NFL. He doesn’t get the credit due to him in the all time great conversation. 

Will this record ever be broken?? I don’t think it ever will. 

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

its crazy to think that was 20 years ago today! The great Emmitt Smith became the all time rushing leader in the NFL. He doesn’t get the credit due to him in the all time great conversation. 

Will this record ever be broken?? I don’t think it ever will. 

I think eventually...but it's going to be a long time from now.