Giants trade WR Kadarius Toney to Chiefs for conditonal 3rd + 6th

RaidersAreOne

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Having said that, this dude was ELECTRIC at times last year. Like, elite, elite athletic traits. If this happens to pan out it could be a monumental addition for KC.

He was electric, and moved like few people in the world can move, for 1 game + 3 plays last year? And he has 2 catches for 0 yards this year. He injured a hamstring, started to come back, then injured the other one. It's not like we have a lemon at head coach and GM anymore. KC is really hoping they can motivate him to play and keep him healthy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He was electric, and moved like few people in the world can move, for 1 game + 3 plays last year? And he has 2 catches for 0 yards this year. He injured a hamstring, started to come back, then injured the other one. It's not like we have a lemon at head coach and GM anymore. KC is really hoping they can motivate him to play and keep him healthy. 

I think most Giants fans know this was the right thing to do, but it's hard to forget those two weeks last year when he balled out. Like, he really does have Tyreek Hill potential.

Now that we have Schoen and Daboll at least I don't reflexively think we're being ripped off in every trade anymore.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I think most Giants fans know this was the right thing to do, but it's hard to forget those two weeks last year when he balled out.

It was my hope he would get healthy for the Thanksgiving game and take our work in progress of a passing attack to another level. 

20 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

One thing to keep in mind: we have Skyy Moore and MVS under contract next year, Juju on a 1 year deal, Mecole contract up. Watson is on a 1 year as well iirc. That's it.

I don't mind shooting our shot with a dude that's dripping talent but hasn't put it together. Hopefully Andy can work some magic. Helps having Patty.

This. This is a trade for next year, not this year. Juju has really started picking up, which is awesome, but also means odds are we are not going to retain him this offseason. Hardman I could see sticking around, depending on what he gets offered in free agency, but all it takes is one team thinking they can sign him and finally be the ones to maximize his potential, and that would take him out of our price range.

But, Moore, MVS, Toney, would mean the cupboard isn't bare next year.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This. This is a trade for next year, not this year. Juju has really started picking up, which is awesome, but also means odds are we are not going to retain him this offseason. Hardman I could see sticking around, depending on what he gets offered in free agency, but all it takes is one team thinking they can sign him and finally be the ones to maximize his potential, and that would take him out of our price range.

But, Moore, MVS, Toney, would mean the cupboard isn't bare next year.

I think Hardman is going to get a very nice contract somewhere...