Giants trade WR Kadarius Toney to Chiefs for conditonal 3rd + 6th

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think Hardman is going to get a very nice contract somewhere... 

Whoever does this, is a fool. Hardman has a role that he's good at. Has elite speed, pretty quick, though not as much as you'd like. But he has none of the receiving skills to put it together as a proper full-time WR. Doesn't track the ball well, drops it too often, routes are inconsistent and as fast as he is he doesn't use his physical tools well before he has the ball in his hands. He does fine on like, deep crossers, any route where he can see the ball into his hands. But he's so much worse on go routes than you'd think, because he doesn't track the ball well when running away from it.

He's an absolute asset, but he should be a team's like 4th target, ideally. Maybe 3rd. Right now he's in the perfect spot behind Kelce, Juju, and MVS in the pecking order. Let's him focus on the gadget stuff that uses his speed and YAC. If some team signs him thinking he'll be a full-time WR, they're going to be so disappointed.

• Like 3

It's a bit early to write Toney off as a bust, but let's face it; he's checked every box there is. He was constantly distracted or hurt and just taking up a roster spot here. I'm happy with what we got for him.

Edited by y*so*blu

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

he looked pretty good last season from what i saw of him

He looked explosive and fun in the Cowboys game. He did nothing in just about every other game, or he was hurt. Same thing this year- nothing or hurt (2 catches for 0 yards is his statline).

Rashid Shaheed right now is a better player than Kadarius Toney. He at least plays and can score. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Us jumping the Giants for Devonta in 2021 was a stroke of genius from Howie. We got a stud WR and took him away from the Giants. 

Of course things are also looking up in New York, but Devonta would be far and away their best offensive player if he ended up there.

Saquon Barkley is still on the team. 

Whoa nelly, Toney on the Chiefs could be scary. He's an absolutely special player. Needs an offensive mind willing to be creative and a coach who can work with his odd personality. This is the sort of move I would have wanted the Rams to make.

I think the situation in NYG is a lot more nuanced that people are making it out to be. Prior to this year, the Giants were horrible, had bad QB's and virtually no production from their offense. Toney was far and away their most talented skill position player sans Barkley, but he was battling injuries and quite frankly, you just have to wonder how much he wanted to be there.

This year, despite their record, it's been much the same. Their leading pass catcher is Saquon Barkley (25 receptions), and their leading WR is Richie James (20/191/0). That's awful through 7 games.

Both sides of this argument have legitimate points about Toney as a player. He holds tremendous upside that we've seen on the field, but questions remain about his dedication to the team and also his very apparent injury history. However, this is the best possible landing spot for him, assuming he can get healthy. There should be no question about what he can do on the field. The only question is whether he can stay healthy, and I personally just question how much he wanted to play for the Giants, much in the same as I question how much Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson want to play for the Jets in that pathetic passing offense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think the situation in NYG is a lot more nuanced that people are making it out to be. Prior to this year, the Giants were horrible, had bad QB's and virtually no production from their offense. Toney was far and away their most talented skill position player sans Barkley, but he was battling injuries and quite frankly, you just have to wonder how much he wanted to be there.

This year, despite their record, it's been much the same. Their leading pass catcher is Saquon Barkley (25 receptions), and their leading WR is Richie James (20/191/0). That's awful through 7 games.

Both sides of this argument have legitimate points about Toney as a player. He holds tremendous upside that we've seen on the field, but questions remain about his dedication to the team and also his very apparent injury history. However, this is the best possible landing spot for him, assuming he can get healthy. There should be no question about what he can do on the field. The only question is whether he can stay healthy, and I personally just question how much he wanted to play for the Giants, much in the same as I question how much Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson want to play for the Jets in that pathetic passing offense.

I have heard, unsubstantiated and second hand, that he never wanted to play in NY.

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Us jumping the Giants for Devonta in 2021 was a stroke of genius from Howie. We got a stud WR and took him away from the Giants. 

Of course things are also looking up in New York, but Devonta would be far and away their best offensive player if he ended up there.

Might want to clean off your crystal ball there, chief.

bRnUdH4.jpg

12 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He looked explosive and fun in the Cowboys game. He did nothing in just about every other game, or he was hurt. Same thing this year- nothing or hurt (2 catches for 0 yards is his statline).

Rashid Shaheed right now is a better player than Kadarius Toney. He at least plays and can score. 

ok