Week 10 College Football Thread: WE'VE GOT MACTION (oh and #1 and #2 play)

MikeT14

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, you're missing the point entirely or you're just conveniently ignoring it. LSU lost week 1 to a mediocre team. How is it possible that they were able to beat Ole Miss and Alabama back to back games when that week 1 loss defines them as a team the entire year? Or does that only apply to Oregon?

LSU has improved. The Week 1 loss only "defines" Oregon's season if they are put up against a team with a similar resume that also lost to UGA and didn't get stomped nearly as badly. If Tennessee loses and Oregon wins out, we don't have this issue.

And IRT USC, whatever, make it UCLA again or Utah/Washington or whoever. Doesn't matter, they're going to have another quality win on their schedule while Tennessee is walking to an 11-1 finish unless I'm supposed to believe Missouri and South Carolina are part of a gauntlet currently.

We'll see how it plays out. A lot of football to be played.

That's not how it works lol. What makes Kentucky worth any ******* merit when comparing resumes? They're 6-3 and haven't beaten a team worth a lick either. Spare me Mississippi State being good as their best win. 

The point is that they beat Kentucky 44-6. 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LSU has improved. The Week 1 loss only "defines" Oregon's season if they are put up against a team with a similar resume that also lost to UGA and didn't get stomped nearly as badly. If Tennessee loses and Oregon wins out, we don't have this issue.

Again, one got beat down the opening game of the year and the other got beat down at their absolute peak. You aren't the same team in week 1 as you are in November. This is what Tennessee is and they looked just as poor vs UGA as Oregon did in their season opener where they traveled all the way across the country to play. When you lose HAS to matter because not all losses are created equal. Losing in September isn't the same as losing in November. Oregon should absolutely get the nod over Tennessee if they go 12-1 and win the Pac 12. 

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The point is that they beat Kentucky 44-6. 

So? What's it matter what the score of a game is when your opponent isn't worth mentioning? 

Know what...

Nevermind. Don't even care anymore. Just gonna go in circles. Might as well just sit here and type SEC! SEC! SEC! since it's just as productive.

Your two touchdown win over a 1 loss team doesn't matter that much but our 38 point win over a 3 loss team certainly does.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Again, one got beat down the opening game of the year and the other got beat down at their absolute peak. You aren't the same team in week 1 as you are in November. This is what Tennessee is and they looked just as poor vs UGA as Oregon did in their season opener where they traveled all the way across the country to play. When you lose HAS to matter because not all losses are created equal. Losing in September isn't the same as losing in November. Oregon should absolutely get the nod over Tennessee if they go 12-1 and win the Pac 12. 

Again, this is nonsense logic. Maybe Tennessee's peak hasn't happened yet? Maybe it had an off night against UGA? Maybe Oregon had an off night against UGA? Or maybe UGA spanked Oregon because it was that much better. Maybe it spanked Tennessee because it was that much better. You don't get to cherry pick. And no, Tennessee didn't look just as poor against UGA as Oregon did. L-O-L.

So? What's it matter what the score of a game is when your opponent isn't worth mentioning?

Beating an above average team 44-6 is noteworthy.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Again, this is nonsense logic. Maybe Tennessee's peak hasn't happened yet? Maybe it had an off night against UGA? Maybe Oregon had an off night against UGA? Or maybe UGA spanked Oregon because it was that much better. Maybe it spanked Tennessee because it was that much better. You don't get to cherry pick. And no, Tennessee didn't look just as poor against UGA as Oregon did. L-O-L.

Beating an above average team 44-6 is noteworthy.

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Know what...

Nevermind. Don't even care anymore. Just gonna go in circles. Might as well just sit here and type SEC! SEC! SEC! since it's just as productive.

Your two touchdown win over a 1 loss team doesn't matter that much but our 38 point win over a 3 loss team certainly does.

Yeah, it probably would be. Do you want to review how the Pac-12 has done in the College Football Playoffs and compare it against how the #2 SEC team has fared? I'm happy to do it for you. I want the playoffs to be competitive and interesting.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Yeah, it probably would be. Do you want to review how the Pac-12 has done in the College Football Playoffs and compare it against how the #2 SEC team has fared? I'm happy to do it for you. I want the playoffs to be competitive and interesting.

We can compare how Oregon and Tennessee have done in the CFP if we need to, sure.

Just now, swoosh said:

But out of conference games should be boring blowouts. 

Sorry, I thought I was done here but I couldn't resist one last hypocrisy call out. 

Nobody made that claim. You don't get to cry "but we voluntarily scheduled them!" after UGA takes your lunch money and expect a cookie for it lol.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Nobody made that claim. You don't get to cry "but we voluntarily scheduled them!" after UGA takes your lunch money and expect a cookie for it lol.

Did you not argue had Oregon scheduled and beat SMU like TCU did instead of Georgia, they would be in it since they would be undefeated? That's not outright spelling it out, but that's asking teams to schedule cupcakes. If you can't see that connection, I don't know what to tell you. 

5 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Did you not argue had Oregon scheduled and beat SMU like TCU did instead of Georgia, they would be in it since they would be undefeated? That's not outright spelling it out, but that's asking teams to schedule cupcakes. If you can't see that connection, I don't know what to tell you. 

Every team is aware of that reality, yet many of them don't schedule cupcakes lol.