Week 10 College Football Thread: WE'VE GOT MACTION (oh and #1 and #2 play)

MikeT14

Do we really believe Tennessee will be left out? They’re your fourth team if they win out. 

Georgia

OSU/UM

TCU

Tennessee

USC has not beaten anyone this year. Yes they have a dramatic close loss. They do play UCLA/Notre Dame yet. 

Oregon got absolutely housed and the CFP has held that against teams in the past.

To be honest, the CFP should even take the loser of the OSU/UM game as the fourth team when TCU loses, but they won’t.

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You said the same thing about Alabama to start the year.

Georgia is beatable.

Yeah I didn’t expect Alabama to lack the firepower that they have. They haven’t been the same team since the 2020 season. We have seen Georgia on the field now though, I’m not saying something couldn’t change, but I would at least have them as a serious favorite. Seems people think Ohio State is the team maybe with a chance in the playoffs, I just think there’s no way Georgia is letting those receivers run free, they seem to cover everybody tightly. Ohio State wouldn’t run on them. I think like every week, Georgia would be efficient enough on offense and control the game. They’re really good. On the flipside, with how Alabama has turned out this year, maybe Tennessee isn’t as good as many people thought, when reflecting on what Georgia did yesterday. At the same time though you also have to rationalize what Georgia did to Oregon and just assume that Oregon has flipped a total of 180 and it’s not just that Georgia completely outmatches whoever they are playing right now.

Edited by NateDawg

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Do we really believe Tennessee will be left out? They’re your fourth team if they win out. 

Georgia

OSU/UM

TCU

Tennessee

USC has not beaten anyone this year. Yes they have a dramatic close loss. They do play UCLA/Notre Dame yet. 

Oregon got absolutely housed and the CFP has held that against teams in the past.

To be honest, the CFP should even take the loser of the OSU/UM game as the fourth team when TCU loses, but they won’t.

You’re forgetting about UCLA. They have a chance to beat USC and Oregon

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Georgia

OSU/UM

TCU

Tennessee

Oregon gets in over Tennessee. No question. By ranking Oregon 8, we already know the committee is willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for their week 1 loss. If you don't, you're basically telling everyone to schedule cupcakes for their non-conference games. 

I'll assume Tennessee will be 5 and Oregon will be 6 this week. Tennessee plays Missouri, South Carolina, and Vandy the last 3 weeks, teams who combine are 13-14. Oregon will have knocked off 3 top 25 teams in Utah, Washington (likely ranked this week), and UCLA/UTAH/USC in the Pac 12 Championship Game, plus another top 30 team in Oregon State. That's way more than enough to jump one spot, especially when their losses are mutual, Oregon has the Conference Championship, and Oregon will have rolled off 12 straight. 

Oregon winning out is a big if though. It's a tough schedule. I agree TCU will drop a game and this won't matter. 

22 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Wisconsin gets Maryland to punt into the wind at 15:00 in the second quarter.

Literal perfect clock management. My god Jimmy Leonhard have my children.

Since Jim Leonard took over this doesn't even look like the same team.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yes.  Gonna be really hard to justify sending a one-loss team that didn't even play in their conference championship to the playoffs over a one-loss conference champion.  Don't get me wrong, I think they have a strong resume but I just don't think they're going to get a nod over a conference champion.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think you'd be hard pressed to argue a one-loss non-conference champion OSU/Michigan over a one-loss conference champion.

I feel like we (as in college football fans) have this argument every year about whether conference championships matter. I am of the opinion they shouldn't. It should be the best 4 teams. And there has never been a true test, but they have shown where confrence championships isn't that highly regarded. OSU and Penn St. Penn St had one more loss but has the conference championship and H2H, they still went with OSU.