Week 10 College Football Thread: WE'VE GOT MACTION (oh and #1 and #2 play)

MikeT14

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Every team is aware of that reality, yet many of them don't schedule cupcakes lol.

Exactly, because they likely know they won't be punished and will still have a chance at getting to the playoffs. And I'm not talking about that chance being if a non-SEC Champ has to lose 2 games just for them to get in. That chance was Clemson dropping a game and Alabama getting their second loss. 

18 hours ago, swoosh said:

The odds that both Oregon and TCU win out are pretty low which makes this even sillier than it is. I don't know what I'm still doing in here. 

SEC fans banning together this time of the year is my favorite random nonsensical football sociology concept, whereas 99% of OSU/UM fans who lose that game will potentially break their television and/or root for the other team to get curb stomped against whoever they draw in the CFP.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

SEC fans banning together this time of the year is my favorite random nonsensical football sociology concept, whereas 99% of OSU/UM fans who lose that game will potentially break their television and/or root for the other team to get curb stomped against whoever they draw in the CFP.

The funniest part about that is that it's been basically two teams during the CFP era driving that perception. LSU popped up and did big things, so it's not off base to think that another team can do it but we've seen teams get put in positions to make the playoff from the SEC, that aren't Bama or UGA, and at the end of the season, they're just another team that was propped up by the perception. Favorite part about it is when those said teams get beat in their bowl games it's "they didn't care" or some bull**** excuse.

It'd be like B1G fans going to bat for Sparty or Iowa when they were up for it as if they were true contenders because Michigan and Ohio State have been driving the B1G perception recently. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The funniest part about that is that it's been basically two teams during the CFP era driving that perception. LSU popped up and did big things, so it's not off base to think that another team can do it but we've seen teams get put in positions to make the playoff from the SEC, that aren't Bama or UGA, and at the end of the season, they're just another team that was propped up by the perception. Favorite part about it is when those said teams get beat in their bowl games it's "they didn't care" or some bull**** excuse.

It'd be like B1G fans going to bat for Sparty or Iowa when they were up for it as if they were true contenders because Michigan and Ohio State have been driving the B1G perception recently. 

I've never had any problem with admitting that the best in the SEC year in and year out are better than the best elsewhere. What narrative infuriates me is that "Fill in the blank conference champion/runner up is a 4-5 loss team here". Bonus points for them simultaneously propping up Texas A&M as a quality team/win when they couldn't even with the garbage Big XII for 2 decades.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Headline reads:

Vanderbilt, Kentucky fans chant "SEC, SEC, SEC!" post National Title Game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I've never had any problem with admitting that the best in the SEC year in and year out are better than the best elsewhere. What narrative infuriates me is that "Fill in the blank conference champion/runner up is a 4-5 loss team here". Bonus points for them simultaneously propping up Texas A&M as a quality team/win when they couldn't even with the garbage Big XII for 2 decades.

Yeah, I have no problem with them propping up Bama and UGA. My issue is the perception that a 1 loss SEC team, no matter who it is, is automatically better than a 1 loss team elsewhere, which is total nonsense. Bama and UGA get the benefit of the doubt due to the consistent strength of the program in all facets of the game. The pop up program we seemingly get every year from the SEC does not get that same benefit.