Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

Keim’s interview this evening.

Key Points:

- They’ve received at least three bids (with at least one being greater than $6B).  First time I’d heard him say that.

- He was able to confirm Bezos hired the Investment Banking firm.

- He still believes the team will be sold. 

The interview was on ESPN Radio at around 6:30 pm EST.

• Like 1

Dan's pettiness of not wanting Bezos to own the team, is so like Dan.

I would love it, if the one who purchased the team? Has an agreement with Bezos to split the ownership 50/50 without Dan Snyder's knowledge.

Some kind of handshake hidden agreement with Bezo's to be a part of the team in some capacity.

I don't know if this is possible, legal, or whatever.

But it would really be nice to see Snyder get screwed out of this sale in some capacity, while leaving with his tail between his legs.

He's obviously going to net Billions, but this dude has some bad karma owed to him & I hope it finds him some day.

I also read that it was just a couple days ago that Bezos hired an investment firm to look into making a bid.  So this news is conflicting and likely is a bunch of b.s.  We all know the Snyders are at odds with the Washington Post, so no news there.  But I am not sure they see Bezos = Washington Post as the Post has been anti- washington long before Bezos bought it.  Until Bezos submits an offer and gets denied I won't believe any of it.

I'm not sure Bezos is the ideal owner anyways. 

There are still questions whether the NFL would allow bezos to own a team and have tv deal with Amazon.

It sounds like the purchase process isn't going to happen in time to clean house this year, so no rush anyways.  I think we just need to be patient.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Dan's pettiness of not wanting Bezos to own the team, is so like Dan.

I would love it, if the one who purchased the team? Has an agreement with Bezos to split the ownership 50/50 without Dan Snyder's knowledge.

Some kind of handshake hidden agreement with Bezo's to be a part of the team in some capacity.

I don't know if this is possible, legal, or whatever.

But it would really be nice to see Snyder get screwed out of this sale in some capacity, while leaving with his tail between his legs.

He's obviously going to net Billions, but this dude has some bad karma owed to him & I hope it finds him some day.

I really hope the league steps in/other owners & will take the biggest bid they can get bc it makes them all more money in the long run. I wish the other owners had blocked Snyder from buying the team in 1999 & let the Cooke family have it.

"The Washington Post has not reported the fact (if it is factual) that Bezos has been banned from bidding on the Commanders. Indeed, the Saturday night item from the Washington Post lists Bezos as a potential buyer without even mentioning the twice-reported bombshell that Commanders owner Daniel Snyder refuses to accept any bid from Bezos.

While every article from the Washington Post addressing Bezos includes a disclaimer that he owns the publication, it’s nevertheless becoming conspicuous that the paper he owns won’t breathe a word of the reality that multiple major publications have reported that he’s been barred from making a bid — or that the paper he owns apparently isn’t doing any of its own reporting on the fact that Boss Bezos is being snubbed by the fully-grown Boss Baby who owns the Commanders."

Edited by turtle28