with the tank in, where do we draft

3rivers

I agree with the 4 to 8 range.

I think we squeak out 2 or 3 more wins, even though it would be better if we didnt.

Ill just settle right in the middle and say 6.

At this point, Id hope we could trade down a few spots and gather a few additional picks.

Then, with a pick in the 10-12 range, go largely for BPA, hopefully on the OLine or pass rusher.     I get nervous drafting DBs here, but Im not completely opposed to it.

Ideally, it would be something like...

Trade 6 overall for 11th overall, 2nd round pick and 2024 2nd round pick (or maybe 1st rd)

11:   LT
2nd and 3rd rounders:  Some combo of Pass Rusher, ILB, Interior OL, DL and DB.     

Have the ammo to trade up for a QB.      If Kenny proves he is worth sticking with in 2023, we would be in an amazing position going forward with the draft picks and monster cap room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Arizona did it. 

And no I do not take QB because there’s too little talent overall. 

I forgot about this, what ever happened to rosen?

53 minutes ago, August4th said:

Won't be surprised if we are picking 1st overall.. 

I never went though the other teams schedules, but are you serious? What a way for Khan to start off his GM career 🤯

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I never went though the other teams schedules, but are you serious? What a way for Khan to start off his GM career 🤯

I would be extremely surprised if we are picking first.    Even if we lose out, I think there is a chance we aren't picking at 1.

If Watt comes back healthy, that alone might give is a win or two.   The defense as a whole plays differently when 90 is on the field.   It wont help us beat any really good teams, but our schedule is easier after the bye and outside of the 2 games vs elite teams, we have been in every game til the end.

If there is sny reason to shelve TJ the rest of the year, I would.   This isnt even about tanking, but if there is any chance his knee or pec could easily reinjure, I would put him on season ending IR.   This season is a wash.   Dont take any unnecessary risks with our best player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 43M said:

This isnt even about tanking, but if there is any chance his knee or pec could easily reinjure, I would put him on season ending IR.   This season is a wash.   Dont take any unnecessary risks with our best player.

I hope they follow strict evaluations so he doesn't re-injure. Forget this season, get healthy and see just how bad certain areas of the team are and fix that in the offseason

Stroud is the only QB I would take in the top 5 and he is going #1 unless someone goes crazy.  I hope they are in the 3-4 range so they can trade down.  I think they could move back to the 9-14 range and get a pretty good player.  Pick up as many top 50 picks as they can.  It is a good year to draft oline and a bad year for Wr.

46 minutes ago, jebrick said:

It is a good year to draft oline and a bad year for Wr.

Not a dig at you specifically:

But every time we hear this going into a draft, it feels like we end up getting a couple "diamond in the rough" type players from late 1st or mid rounds.  Like I feel 2020 got that label for WR and we get Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr, Chase Claypool, Devin Duvernay, KJ Osborne, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Kendall Hinton.  Heck 2019 was supposedly light on WR too and that draft had Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Mecole Hardman, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Hunter Renfrow, Deonte Harris, Steven Sims.  I know it can seem like picking what I want, and it's not like there's a huge number of guys in each one or big time stars, but seemingly "weak" years still produce a few guys.  I personally feel that the labeled "weak" years is draftniks not wanting to do the deep work on some guys.

35 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Not a dig at you specifically:

But every time we hear this going into a draft, it feels like we end up getting a couple "diamond in the rough" type players from late 1st or mid rounds.  Like I feel 2020 got that label for WR and we get Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr, Chase Claypool, Devin Duvernay, KJ Osborne, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Kendall Hinton.  Heck 2019 was supposedly light on WR too and that draft had Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Mecole Hardman, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Hunter Renfrow, Deonte Harris, Steven Sims.  I know it can seem like picking what I want, and it's not like there's a huge number of guys in each one or big time stars, but seemingly "weak" years still produce a few guys.  I personally feel that the labeled "weak" years is draftniks not wanting to do the deep work on some guys.

how about, " It is a year to draft small WR."  small = 6' or less. I do not consider the 2nd round to be a diamond in the rough.  They have some issue that would need to overcome so they could be a #1 WR.

Generally weak means that it is top heavy.  in this case, there are 2 decent Wr in the 1st round ( Addison and JSN) and a bunch of middlin 2-3 round Wr will issues ( as always).  Quentin Johnston may go in the 1st and would fit into that style that has a tall Wr run flys all day.  Xavier Hutchinson should/could be a decent WR in the NFL but will get knocked for his speed.

Edited by jebrick

Top needs are LT, C, CB, ILB.

I agree if a top QB is on the board, the Steelers should be taking the best offer to trade down.

I don't know how many QBs are coming out next year, but as many as 5 could go round 1. If there's a bidding war, the Steelers could clean up -- unless they are not set on Pickett.

Young

Stroud

Hooker

Nix

McCall

Bennett

Williams

Hartman

Duggan