with the tank in, where do we draft

3rivers

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

We’re gonna move down early but then trade back in late so don’t go to sleep!!

might see franchise changing level trades that night. this season sucks/kinda boring(so over watching poor offense), but the offseason could be really active/exciting from a roster building standpoint. I love that the new guy came from the Eagles too. they were really active during the draft. its all refreshing. we don't even know how they'll go about free agency

The Steelers would be stupid and sniffing their own farts to not seriously evaluate the QB's in this class and to consider them with their first. So, that's fully what I expect them to do.

I am not anti-Pickett, but he is not lighting the world on fire and that position is the key to everything in the NFL unless you build the perfect roster and get very lucky. And the best case scenario is you end up with two guys who can play and you unload one for draft capital. Pickett has done nothing so far to where he shouldn't have to compete for his job next year the same as anyone else.

Steelers will be picking in the bottom half of the top 10. 

The Steelers Strength of Schedule stands at .623 , 2nd only to the Lions and both are way ahead of pretty much everybody else.

Pittsburgh has played 8 teams,  5 of which would be in the playoffs and 2 on the very fringe as it stands at the moment.

Game 1 Cincinnati 5-4

Game 2 New England 5-4

Game 4 NY Jets 6-3        #10 pass defense , #6 overall defense  *Picket first appearance 

Game 5 Buffalo 6-2          #9 pass defense , #3 overall defense    * Pickett 1st start

Game 6 Tampa Bay 4-5   #6 pass defense ..*Pickett knocked out with concussion early in 3rd qtr

Game 7 Miami 6-3              

Game 8 Philadelphia 8-0,  #3 pass defense , #4 overall defense

Edited by JustPlainNasty

I'm hitting the trenches hard and then adding speed where needed.
A few massive things that could make our board unpredictable:

- How do they really feel about Pickett (rare to pick so high, but can't imagine)?
- How do they really feel about Harris (does he fit whatever system they think they have)?
- Do we keep Edmunds?
- Are we keeping Bush (I can't see it)?
- How valuable is a back up OLB?
- How many No 2 corners is enough (because at best, we have a collection of them)?

For me, you have to draft a stud DL and OL.
Then I'm looking at ILB and CB, but I think what the plan is with Edmunds could really make S a priority.

Edited by mwalker

4 hours ago, mwalker said:

- How do they really feel about Pickett (rare to pick so high, but can't imagine)?
- How do they really feel about Harris (does he fit whatever system they think they have)?
- Do we keep Edmunds?
- How many No 2 corners is enough (because at best, we have a collection of them)?

Then I'm looking at ILB and CB, but I think what the plan is with Edmunds could really make S a priority.

1) Pickett is a good spot here. Downplays need for a starter that doesn't exist and opens up the board for later round plays (Hooker)

2) Najee Harris is trade bait (i.e. Najee and Diontae for Ika)

3) No Edmunds

4) No Bush, unless it's an Edmunds

5) OLB needs upgraded and depth. More or less overhauled behind Watt.

6) Enough is enough.

CB - William Jackson III

CB - Lance Boykin

S - Antonio Johnson

S - Minkah Fitzpatrick

You tickled? 🍃

10 hours ago, mwalker said:

- Do we keep Edmunds?

They need to build a team first.  That means heavily invest in oline and d front 7.  The new FO has to talk Tomlin into trading back to get more choices.  Having and extra 2nd and 3rd would help more than Carter or Anderson or Ringo would.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

They need to build a team first.  That means heavily invest in oline and d front 7.  The new FO has to talk Tomlin into trading back to get more choices.  Having and extra 2nd and 3rd would help more than Carter or Anderson or Ringo would.

Not saying this to you only but the Steelers haven’t had a top 11 pick since Big Ben.

They have a chance to pick an elite talent but people wanna trade back.

Im also aware they need help pretty much everywhere but you don’t pass up an elite talent unless the offer is ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, AFF said:

Not saying this to you only but the Steelers haven’t had a top 11 pick since Big Ben.

They have a chance to pick an elite talent but people wanna trade back.

Im also aware they need help pretty much everywhere but you don’t pass up an elite talent unless the offer is ridiculous.

haven't EARNED a top 10 pick.  Devin Bush says hi.

The draft is a crap shoot.  How many of the top 10 picks bust or are jags?  With only 5 picks in the 2023 draft, they should follow the Bill Parcells' method of lots of picks to have lots of chances at a winner. and if they are picking top 5, they could trade down and still not be out of the top 10 and still pick up another top 50 pick.