Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

Just now, incognito_man said:

Washington had a 4.08 at 264 for comparison 

Washington is no doubt the freakier athlete. Mayer is also probably a plug and play guy who's just going to be a solid player for the next 10 years. He's the JSN of the TE class for me. Probably not the highest ceiling of the group but pretty easily the highest floor IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

Based on nothing more than the PFF mock machine (which just went mostly behind a damn paywall) - we’re looking at Paris Johnson and LVN a lot. I usually see Quentin Johnston and Devon Witherspoon gone, who are the only two WR/CBs I would want there. 

So dumb. 

59 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't really see why people think we're in the business of taking an OT high.  Like I have no reason to believe that Zach Tom is not a starting NFL LT.

GB has had Clifton and Bakh holding down the left side for around 2 decades and they were both 3rd rounders, weren't they? 

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't really see why people think we're in the business of taking an OT high.  Like I have no reason to believe that Zach Tom is not a starting NFL LT.

Nijman will be an UFA next year. Bakhtiari has a 40 million cap hit next year. No guarantee either will be here in 2024.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Foskey screams Packers if we skip EDGE in the 1st. 

Yasss he's become my second biggest day two draft crush after Luke ******* Musgrave 

Edited by Sandy

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Here's the thing on Tom...I loved the pick and I'm even more thrilled with his immediate impact. But there's no guarantee he's going to take that next big step forward. I bet he steals the starting RG position from Runyan this year and stays there.

Also - he and Jenkins are the only genuine starting caliber o-linemen on the team who are expected to be in the roster in 2024.

So why shouldn't we hedge our bets?