Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

On 1/12/2023 at 12:09 PM, Sandy said:

Pretty sure his style of play is very similar to Savage actually (some say his best position is slot corner, for example). I like the player and if we traded back to take him in the first I'd be ok with it.

If Branch runs in the low 4.4s or better you aren't going to be able to get him outside the top 15. Best tackler in the history of PFF charting for a DB. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Branch runs in the low 4.4s or better you aren't going to be able to get him outside the top 15. Best tackler in the history of PFF charting for a DB. 

A great tackler? Why would we want him? Doesn't fit in with Packer culture. (Eye roll)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

After a couple years in GB he wouldn't be

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Ill buy! Throw in a midder to go up.

Isnt the mid teens looking like a good spot for an OT though? Highly suspect that might be the target.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Ill buy! Throw in a midder to go up.

Isnt the mid teens looking like a good spot for an OT though? Highly suspect that might be the target.

It's super early and much can change, but if OT is our target then staying put at 15 might pan out.

On 1/13/2023 at 1:10 PM, Sandy said:

I've seen projections that Mayer is only 240. The combine will clear that up. He's not tiny or anything, but Gronk is not a good comp at all.

Im fairly confident he will be 250+ at the combine. I'm not the only guy using that comparison. His nickname has literally been Baby Gronk since high school. I have seen many use the comparison. We will see how his numbers pan out but he is much closer to Gronk than Witten. 

On 1/13/2023 at 1:16 PM, Packerraymond said:

Mayer's comp is Ertz, and he'll test like Ertz too, but they catch damn near everything that comes to their neighborhood.

zach-ertz-ras-10980.png?resize=806,522&s

I can see this. I was thinking Andrews too but it just didn't seem to fit with him. I spaced out Ertz but you are correct in that he catches anything thrown his way.