Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Any clue what he is going to run in the 40?

BTW....Kelce is just amazing.  I've known he was very, very good for a long time.  But, I didn't realize his total dominance until I looked at his career stats.  Damn.  And we took Eddie Lacy 2 picks ahead of him.  And I was excited for that!

4.7 would be great for Washington.

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Admittedly, I know nothing of Washington.

But...we signed a giant already, right?  If I'm taking a tight end in the top 50 or top 2 rounds, he needs to be a sub 4.55 40.  With an all around skill set.  Movement, blocking, route running, hands.  And we know it will take a few years for the kid to do much in the NFL.

Since Washington is your draft crush...I assume that you've watched some tape on him.  How does his movement looks?  Lumbering or smooth?  Does he have NFL speed?  I'm sincerely curious.

A guy that big never really looks fast.  But he shows some movement.  There is another video that shows some blocking too.  He will need to get some better technique, but he gets absolutely huge on LBs and DBs.  I like him in the same way that I liked Jelani Woods last year.  The guy is a huge target.  Woods went in the third round.  It is really early though.  Washington could run a 5.3, and I would be out.  But this is the early want on the draftmas list.

• Like 1

Washington doesn't look very explosive off the snap. Not surprising at that size I suppose. Maybe working on technique could improve that a bit.  Shows some decent movement with the ball in his hands though. For the record Marcedes Lewis ran a 4.84 at the combine at 261 pounds.  

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

A guy that big never really looks fast.  But he shows some movement.  There is another video that shows some blocking too.  He will need to get some better technique, but he gets absolutely huge on LBs and DBs.  I like him in the same way that I liked Jelani Woods last year.  The guy is a huge target.  Woods went in the third round.  It is really early though.  Washington could run a 5.3, and I would be out.  But this is the early want on the draftmas list.

It's funny how small the ball looks in his hands lol

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Reminds me of a young Mercedes Lewis

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Imagine giving tonyan 4.5 million to be nearly worthless.  Kincaid from my Utes is legit.  We need to sign a TE because we all know Gute can't scout tight ends

Per dollar spent he was better than Rodgers. 

• Like 3

Trade Rodgers for future picks that Gute can't squander, love shows us why he's part of the worst draft given the situation in Packers history with his underwhelming performance next year. Gute is fired, love isn't picked up for the 5th year and we do a full reboot. Best case scenario 

4 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Trade Rodgers for future picks that Gute can't squander, love shows us why he's part of the worst draft given the situation in Packers history with his underwhelming performance next year. Gute is fired, love isn't picked up for the 5th year and we do a full reboot. Best case scenario 

I'll assume you put this in chronological order. Which shows your lack of knowledge. Love's 5th year option has to be picked up by May 1, 2023. If we move Rodgers, it's getting picked up. 

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

Only you could come up with this logic. What a logical comparison for a lunatic. Have you taken your meds yet? 

NFL's highest paid tight ends (average salary per year):

• 1. 49ers TE George Kittle: $15 million
  • 2.  Chiefs TE Travis Kelce: $14.3 million
  • 3. Eagles TE Dallas Goedert: $14.25 million
  • 4. Ravens TE Mark Andrews: $14 million
  • 5. Browns TE David Njoku: $13.68 million
  • 6. Patriots TE Jonnu Smith: $12.5 million
  • 6. Patriots TE Hunter Henry: $12.5 million
  • 8. Dolphins TE Mike Gesicki: $10.9 million
  • 9. Cowboys TE Dalton Schultz: $10.9 million
  • 10. Cardinals TE Zach Ertz: $10.6 million

He was 13th in completions among TE's with 53 catches on 67 targets for a 79% completion percentage. OF those TE's in front of hm, only 1 had fewer than 80 targets and 6 had 98 or more. 

Seems like a quarterback issue, not a TE issue to me. 

Now go change to your Statboy account and tell me how I'm wrong. 

As far as meds go. I try and take a few stupid pills before reading any of your drivel. Unfortunately, it still doesn't bring me down to your 'intelligence' level. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 5

I’m always astounded by the average person’s complete and total lack of perspective when it comes to tight ends.

It baffles me. Confounds and befuddles me. Flabbergasts, disappoints and disparages.

@PackFan13 wouldn’t be able to list a dozen tight ends clearly and unquestionably better than Tonyan, but thinks 4.5 million is way too much to pay Tonyan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Imagine giving tonyan 4.5 million to be nearly worthless.  Kincaid from my Utes is legit.  We need to sign a TE because we all know Gute can't scout tight ends

Kincaid can't block worth **** and doesn't seem interested in learning how. Too undersized for what we do here.  Hard pass, he's the only TE with a day-two grade I don't want.