Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

2 hours ago, svp said:

Bryce Young -romance character
Miles Murphy -alliteration
CJ Stroud -race car driver on tv
Darnell Washington -Southern Judge murder mystery
Zay Flowers - baby skunk or bunny rabbit
Rashee Rice -delicious  take out
Luke Musgrave -old timey gun
Mazi Smith -pop singer
Tank Dell -war computer
Jordon Battle -historic event
Dalton Kinkaid - Villain in soap opera
Xaiver Gipson -Newly invented clothing
Joe Tippman- stock broker in bad movie
Jammie Robinson -mashed up birdseed
Emil Ekiyor -anime character
Lucas VanNess -wealthy person in supernatural show that gets possessed
Colby Wooden -Cheese flavor
Eric Grey -paint color
Max Duggan- wrestling move
Jay Ward -section for popular kids
Felix Anudike-Uzomah -president of a small country
Luke Schoonmaker -space pirate
Emmanuel Forbes -wealthy angel
Dontayvion Wicks -unsolvable physics problem
Puca Nucua -Rhyme for my cousin's gross behavior
Bijan Robinson -French soup
Zach Charbonnet -French bread
Zach Evans - specialty work boots
Tanner Mckee -love interest that destroys the family and ruins the old money forever
Deuce Vaughn -Gambler in cowboy story
Ocyrus Torrence -Opera singer
Kenny McIntosh -orange apple hybrid
Nesta Jade Silvera -name brand jewelry

This is fantastic.

We demand more. Will there be supply?

Major draft crush. All that TE talk got me to watch Dalton Kincaid. He's gonna be an absolute stud. Elite body control and field awareness, smooth smooth athlete and steel traps for hands. I got the same giddiness watching him I haven't had since I watched Kelce at Cincinnati.

He's gonna be making NFL QBs happy. I'd be thrilled if it was Love.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Major draft crush. All that TE talk got me to watch Dalton Kincaid. He's gonna be an absolute stud. Elite body control and field awareness, smooth smooth athlete and steel traps for hands. I got the same giddiness watching him I haven't had since I watched Kelce at Cincinnati.

He's gonna be making NFL QBs happy. I'd be thrilled if it was Love.

The drawback on Kincaid is that blocking is an issue and it probably won't work in this offense. My TE draft crush is becoming Zack Kuntz from ODU but he again is not a great blocker. The question will have to be if either have the willingness to learn and improve on that or they just want to be the big inside receiver.

• Like 1

All this drooling over Washington at TE.  I still see an athlete that is really, really slow of foot.  His first few steps are painfully slow to watch.  It takes him a few steps to build up to that speed.  

What I do like about him is the agility and hands for such a large man.  Power, obviously.

I want to see him in a drill that showcases his ability to box out on throws with that wingspan.  Because he's not running away from anyone.

Easy pass for me in round one.  And I know I'm in the minority, but I don't see NFL quickness there.  And I don't see how a blocking TE is worth a first round pick.

Then again, I like shiny/fast things.  Kincaid catches my eyes big time.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

All this drooling over Washington at TE.  I still see an athlete that is really, really slow of foot.  His first few steps are painfully slow to watch.  It takes him a few steps to build up to that speed.  

What I do like about him is the agility and hands for such a large man.  Power, obviously.

I want to see him in a drill that showcases his ability to box out on throws with that wingspan.  Because he's not running away from anyone.

Easy pass for me in round one.  And I know I'm in the minority, but I don't see NFL quickness there.  And I don't see how a blocking TE is worth a first round pick.

Then again, I like shiny/fast things.  Kincaid catches my eyes big time.  

Fastest shuttle of any TE and top 5 overall for the entire combine and the 2nd fastest 10 yard split of any TE.

Long levered players don't look as fast on tape, Washington is a freak. 

He's the #1 TE on the Packers board I can guarantee you, Georgia ISO's him on DL all the time to allow an OL to pull into the 2nd level just like we do with Big Dog. He's going to be a huge weapon in the run game, with a chance to be like young Marcedes and catch 50-60 balls.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fastest shuttle of any TE and top 5 overall for the entire combine and the 2nd fastest 10 yard split of any TE.

He's the #1 TE on the Packers board I can guarantee you, Georgia ISO's him on DL all the time to allow an OL to pull into the 2nd level just like we do with Big Dog. He's going to be a huge weapon in the run game, with a chance to be like young Marcedes and catch 50-60 balls.

I get what you are saying.  Totally.  He's more of a throw back TE than what we see today.  I don't like it in the first round.  If he's catching 50-60 balls, it will be for 400 to 500 yards.  Because he will be the slowest receiving threat on the field.

I totally agree that he would be a weapon in the run game.  Again, I just don't like that for the first round.

Even when blocking those feet don't chop.  They don't really move.  The NFL has gotten bigger and faster, especially since Lewis came in.  Sorry, but I just don't see the passing game weapon here...unless he can box out well and use that long wingspan and hands.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

I get what you are saying.  Totally.  He's more of a throw back TE than what we see today.  I don't like it in the first round.  If he's catching 50-60 balls, it will be for 400 to 500 yards.  Because he will be the slowest receiving threat on the field.

I totally agree that he would be a weapon in the run game.  Again, I just don't like that for the first round.

Even when blocking those feet don't chop.  They don't really move.  The NFL has gotten bigger and faster, especially since Lewis came in.  Sorry, but I just don't see the passing game weapon here...unless he can box out well and use that long wingspan and hands.  

He doesn't really have a YAC problem.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He doesn't really have a YAC problem.

In the NFL...first he isn't getting that open against NFL linebackers.  And if he does, he will be tackled and not break that tackle without being swarmed.

I get why you love him.  I do.  I get his strengths.  I think he would be a fine TE for us to have...I just hate the idea of taking him in the first round.  I do not see the value there.  He's simply not quick enough of foot to be a weapon in the passing game...unless he can really box out.   

There were blocking clips of him on that sled.  He hit it, his feet literally stopped, then he leaned into it and pushed it.  Which is awesome, good for him!  If he had to move 8 foot sections of trees, that strength is great.  Very different if he has to move to find someone to block and then keep contact with them without holding.

43 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

There were blocking clips of him on that sled.  He hit it, his feet literally stopped, then he leaned into it and pushed it.  Which is awesome, good for him!  If he had to move 8 foot sections of trees, that strength is great.  Very different if he has to move to find someone to block and then keep contact with them without holding.

Are you really basing his blocking ability on one clip of him on the sled?  Come on, man.

EDIT:  And he didn't stop his feet and lean into it, he drove through it with his feet moving the whole time, so quit making **** up.  You're better than that.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

1 hour ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

The drawback on Kincaid is that blocking is an issue and it probably won't work in this offense. My TE draft crush is becoming Zack Kuntz from ODU but he again is not a great blocker. The question will have to be if either have the willingness to learn and improve on that or they just want to be the big inside receiver.

Kincaid looks like a once in a decade natural pass catchers to me though. I'm ok working with him on blocking so I can get that offense on my team. I'd be totally fine using pick 15 on him. 

Despite @Outpost31's points on TE (which I don't disagree with), I think Kincaid is an exception. He has some elite unteachable traits. 

He wowed me with how fluid he is. Pure natural athlete and sticky, sticky hands. Very high floor and high ceiling I think (pending his personality).

Edited by incognito_man

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

He's really good too. I like him. But he's not above Kincaid on our board. Guaranteed.