Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He doesn't really have a YAC problem.

I'm onboard getting Kincaid AND Washington for Love to group with Watson.

But let's also get a couple front 7 guys and a couple OL in the first round, too. 

What I'm saying is, let's beat up some other teams and steal their FRPs.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

All this drooling over Washington at TE.  I still see an athlete that is really, really slow of foot.  His first few steps are painfully slow to watch.  It takes him a few steps to build up to that speed.  

What I do like about him is the agility and hands for such a large man.  Power, obviously.

I want to see him in a drill that showcases his ability to box out on throws with that wingspan.  Because he's not running away from anyone.

Easy pass for me in round one.  And I know I'm in the minority, but I don't see NFL quickness there.  And I don't see how a blocking TE is worth a first round pick.

Then again, I like shiny/fast things.  Kincaid catches my eyes big time.  

Agree, not in the first rd.  I read Washington has some off the field issues going back to high school.  Your guess is as good as mine as to what those are, or how serious they are.  I'm sure it will come out in the coming months as we enter smokescreen season. 

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Kincaid looks like a once in a decade natural pass catchers to me though. I'm ok working with him on blocking so I can get that offense on my team. I'd be totally fine using pick 15 on him. 

Despite @Outpost31's points on TE (which I don't disagree with), I think Kincaid is an exception. He has some elite unteachable traits. 

He wowed me with how fluid he is. Pure natural athlete and sticky, sticky hands. Very high floor and high ceiling I think (pending his personality).

Let’s trade back up to 25 if he’s still there and take him at 25.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Kincaid looks like a once in a decade natural pass catchers to me though. I'm ok working with him on blocking so I can get that offense on my team. I'd be totally fine using pick 15 on him. 

Despite @Outpost31's points on TE (which I don't disagree with), I think Kincaid is an exception. He has some elite unteachable traits. 

He wowed me with how fluid he is. Pure natural athlete and sticky, sticky hands. Very high floor and high ceiling I think (pending his personality).

I agree with you on pretty much all of this except being fine using pick 15 on him. If it was pick 25 or later I am on board but at 15 I think there needs to be more impact than a TE will provide. Although I wouldn't be real upset if he was the pick because I agree with @vegas492 and I too like shiny things.

Edit: I was typing my response as @Outpost31 replied so I am somewhat disappointed we both came to the same pick number. Or I am honored not sure sure yet.

Edited by CrazyJoeDavola
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's really good too. I like him. But he's not above Kincaid on our board. Guaranteed.

I think you're short selling the importance of blocking to our staff. Kincaid has the effort, I can't fault him there, but he's a "get in the way guy." I just watched a few tight copy all-22's of Utah last night because their LT tested pretty well this week. There's a rep from Kincaid against Cox Jr from UF where he's just straight put on skates on the backside of outside zone. Washington is like having a 6th OL on the field, that can also run 4.6, think the staff will drool over that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I think you're short selling the importance of blocking to our staff. Kincaid has the effort, I can't fault him there, but he's a "get in the way guy." I just watched a few tight copy all-22's of Utah last night because their LT tested pretty well this week. There's a rep from Kincaid against Cox Jr from UF where he's just straight put on skates on the backside of outside zone. Washington is like having a 6th OL on the field, that can also run 4.6, think the staff will drool over that.

I know it's important. Just feel like DC has some unteachable (and very valuable) movement skills before, during and after the catch.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I know it's important. Just feel like DC has some unteachable (and very valuable) movement skills before, during and after the catch.

I can't argue that at all, he reminds me of Dallas Clark. 

If Rodgers is gone I'd like to tempo a bit more and I think having a body like Washington in 11 personnel let's you be so versatile in what you can call.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Doubt he'll be there at 25. 

It's not hard to imagine a team choosing to take an offensive lineman or a wide receiver over a tight end.  Like the Bengals are likely to lose Uzomah, and Washington would look great there.  But do you now who else would look great there?  An actual offensive lineman.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That’s basically what the Ourlads guys said. Kincaid would just get wrecked as an inline blocker. That restricts his uses a bit, to more of a receiver role. I think they compared him to Evan Engram.

I think the South Dakota kid, Kraft is going to be a real good TE prospect and you can get him in the 2nd/3rd round.

The thing to consider about this TE class is that it's honestly uncharacteristically deep, so there's less a reason to pay a premium for one.  Like LaPorta is a reasonable consolation prize if you miss out on Kincaid.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the South Dakota kid, Kraft is going to be a real good TE prospect and you can get him in the 2nd/3rd round.

The thing to consider about this TE class is that it's honestly uncharacteristically deep, so there's less a reason to pay a premium for one.  Like LaPorta is a reasonable consolation prize if you miss out on Kincaid.

It is a deep class for sure.

Going through the combine results and few other things I keep finding myself liking these Iowa players. For a terrible team, they have a lot of good prospects. I think you could through and draft a Hawkeye in each round and end up with a pretty decent draft class. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Are you really basing his blocking ability on one clip of him on the sled?  Come on, man.

EDIT:  And he didn't stop his feet and lean into it, he drove through it with his feet moving the whole time, so quit making **** up.  You're better than that.

Yeah, those feet were real choppy...lol.  Even when he blocks, he's a long strider.

Look at the guys who went after him and you will see what quicker feet look like. And obviously they don't have the power that he does, so the sled doesn't go as far.  And who knows, maybe he was told to walk it out when it was moving.  He looked to me like Sisyphus moving the rock uphill.  

I know people get impressed at moving a stationary blocking sled.  Awesome.  I'm not.

I'll be impressed if I see the film where PackerRaymond says he is moving down and blocking guys so that the other o-linemen can get into space.  Because if he can do that?  If his feet are quick enough to do that???  Then I'll say I was wrong.  

And I can be wrong.  I've been wrong in the past, and I'll be wrong in the future.  But the thing that I hate about this site is group think.  I was "sold" on how good of a draft pick Randall was....and Savage.  I hated them at the time, but it was rationalized away on this site.  And to be fair?  I hated the Gary pick...that too was rationalized away on here and it was kindda true.  

So, I'm here telling you that I'm not sold on Washington as a first round TE prospect.  And that's my hard line in the sand for right now.  Don't read into it that I don't like Washington, because I do.  Just not in the first round.