Week 10: VIKINGS (7-1) at Bills (6-2)

swede700

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I whole heartedly disagree with you about the NBA. This version of the NFL is a worse product than in years past, while the NBA is improving, IMO.

On topic - Bills -6 is a pretty big spread at this point. I bet that comes down over the next few days.

I wasn't discussing necessarily the quality of play in-between, but the only part that truly ever matters in basketball is the final 2 minutes.  

• Like 1

Not only does Allen lead the Bills in passing (2,403 yards), but in rushing too (392 yards and four touchdowns). This is an offense that relies on Allen to carry the unit and win games. If Allen is sidelined for a bit, how does Buffalo find ways to score points with a run game that goes inept without Allen's mobility? 

Keenum is a solid backup, but he's no Allen. This situation really is something to monitor. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/one-thing-we-learned-from-each-team-in-week-9-patrick-mahomes-shows-another-skill-frank-reich-the-scapegoat/?fbclid=IwAR2iyG3n2sWeddWg1dqnnpyF4b4FKxGil5kPpyZT9c7_J_slC7iYUBHgVdw

Defensively, the Bills are really good, but we know the weaknesses of Leslie's defenses, so the Bills probably shouldn't be much different than what we saw here (but of course, I really have no idea).  This will clearly be the best defense we've faced since Philly.  Football Outsiders has the Bills overall as the #5 defense (#5 vs pass, #6 vs run). 

Offensively, the Bills are overall #6 (#6 passing, but #20 rushing), but of course, what happens with Josh Allen will have an effect., because Devin Singletary is only #30 amongst RBs. As far as the receiving options, the Bills with Diggs (#2) and Davis (#22) are basically identical to the Vikings with JJ (#4) and Thielen (#20), but the Vikings have the advantage at TE as Knox is #19, while Hockenson is #7.

Just want to say you’re all welcome in the Bills forum GDT. Love having knowledgeable discussions with opposing teams fans. Especially for a team the Bills don’t play often.

If Allen doesn’t play, I don’t see how the Bills win. If he does play, I assume he’s not 100%. Will be interesting to see how Dorsey schemes this week.

Bills defense has shown some leaks in the run game recently but the Packers game they had a 17 point lead and last week they were without Matt Milano at LB and Jordan Poyer at S. Both could be back this weekend. This may be the first game back for Tre White as well. 

Best of luck, here’s to an injury free game and a precursor to the rematch in February 🍻 

• Like 8

16 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I want JJ to take this game personally. I want him to look at the other sideline and think “I replaced him. Time to show why.” Get that chip on his shoulder and leave no doubt about who is the better receiver. 

I think Diggs has that same chip on his shoulder.

I predict he throws a TD pass against us.

42 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Just want to say you’re all welcome in the Bills forum GDT. Love having knowledgeable discussions with opposing teams fans. Especially for a team the Bills don’t play often.

Best of luck, here’s to an injury free game and a precursor to the rematch in February 🍻 

thanks, your guy(s) are welcome here too!

I've dreaded a MINN/BUFF matchup in a Super Bowl - the only two teams with four appearances and four losses. the loser of that game would be the only NFL team with 5 losses.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I've dreaded a MINN/BUFF matchup in a Super Bowl - the only two teams with four appearances and four losses. the loser of that game would be the only NFL team with 5 losses.

I don't dread it...that's what I want now...that or a Vikings-Chiefs rematch.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

thanks, your guy(s) are welcome here too!

5 losses and 0 wins* 

The Patriots and Broncos have both lost 5 in NFL history.

Super Bowl Standings | Pro-Football-Reference.com

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

5 losses and 0 wins* 

The Patriots and Broncos have both lost 5 in NFL history.

Super Bowl Standings | Pro-Football-Reference.com

read and understand what I wrote. BUFF and MINN are the only teams with 4 appearances and 4 losses, all of their appearances being losses.

yes, DEN and NE have had more losses, but their wins help to make up for them. BUFF and MINN do not have the wins to help ease the pain of their losses.

so again... a MINN and BUFF Super Bowl matchup will make one team happier as that win helps ease their losses, and the other team will be quite down in the dumps, now becoming the only team with 5 SB losses and no wins.

get it now?

but yes, i did incorrectly say that team would be the only team with 5 SB losses.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1