Game #9 - vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

onejayhawk

39 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

And just like that, 1 seed in the AFC

My kid brother attended school in Rochester, NY about 75 miles east on a different lake. Winters there were bad enough but evidently Buffalo gets the full brunt of lake effect weather and is much worse. I do not want to play a playoff game there. 

Just sayin'

That said, ugly game. Starting at the opening KO to the INT in the 4th quarter. The Chiefs were clearly much better but the Jaguars brought their A game and hit as hard as they knew how to hit. I'm glad that the TDs didn't turn into FG like in other games.

Just sayin'

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Pacheco was the RB, hence all the carries, while McKinnon is pass-pro and receiver. Clyde was evidently barely able to suit up.

The thing is that Pacheco has a reputation for being good at both pass-pro and catching anything close. That may be a case of camp performance being relative to other rookies and not to NFL standards. 

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah but that seems to be par for the course with Clyde out there. 

Just watched it again. 1st down was thrown at Clyde's feet, barely getting a hand on it, with Mahomes under pressure. 2nd down Mahomes misthrew inside and up field while Clyde was looking for an outside pass. Clyde had to turn flip his body around and reach out to even get his hand on it.

I've been a critic of Clyde since day one. But I also won't throw unnecessary shade his way. He hasn't been a problem this season imo.

• Like 1

Yeah Clyde wasn’t affective,   but those 2 throws weren’t on him.  The 2nd Mahomes attempted a no look pass and it was just a bad ball.   

I’m good with those snap counts though.   I like CEH when he runs behind his pads,  but too many games he just seems content with his run style.   

7 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

Toney looked really nice out there today, he’s a special athlete. 

He is. I'm hoping he continues to get more comfortable in the offense. 

Also let's replace Derrick Nandi with Khalen Sanders; I've seen more plays made by him than Nandi, who has been below average the last 2 years.

3 minutes ago, Bullyball said:

He is. I'm hoping he continues to get more comfortable in the offense. 

Also let's replace Derrick Nandi with Khalen Sanders; I've seen more plays made by him than Nandi, who has been below average the last 2 years.

Agreed. He’s been playing lights out. Idk if it’s because he’s finally fully healthy or if something just clicked.

6 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Let's remember, K.Saunders came to the Chiefs able to do BACKFLIPS. For a big man, that's an extra special level of athleticism.

Not that special. We have Turk Wharton as well. They're both freaks of nature. To bad Turk was injured but it opened a door for Saunders.

Danna has played well and Malik Herring played almost as many snaps as Nnadi. I wonder how much Frank Clark returning changes that.

At least we have some depth at DL. We could use another step-in-and-start player but the DL is looking up.

Edited by onejayhawk