Week 9 GDT: Colts @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Colts

or were you talking about the saints game? if so then yes, our O just didnt show up that day, no arguments there. 
but Tenn start was just terrible on D, as was our start on O yesterday. 

Tenn you say well they turned it around at the end.
Yesterday you say they started well 

But its just never there fault in your mind, and that is ok. I have low expecttions of them too, but I can still fault them for 1. allowing a matt ryan 40 yard run? 

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

say what you want about our defense but they’ve never been that bad in a game this year.

So that makes it better that they haven't been as bad as one game our offense looked poorly in? How about this:

The first column is what the team is averaging in PPG over the course of the year and the second is what the defense gave up when we played:

Chargers: 22.2 - 24
Cardinals: 23 - 29
Titans: 18.4 - 24
Broncos: 14.6 - 23
Chiefs: 30 - 30
Texans: 16.6 - 20
Saints: 22.2 - 24
Jags: 21.6 - 27
Colts: 15.7 - 25

Not ONE DAMN TIME has the defense been able to hold opposing offenses under their PPG totals for the entire year. Not once.... but yeah, at least they didn't play as bad as the offense did that one game b/c they've been doing it all year.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Stupid stuff.....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

So that makes it better that they haven't been as bad as one game our offense looked poorly in? How about this:

The first column is what the team is averaging in PPG over the course of the year and the second is what the defense gave up when we played:

Chargers: 22.2 - 24
Cardinals: 23 - 29
Titans: 18.4 - 24
Broncos: 14.6 - 23
Chiefs: 30 - 30
Texans: 16.6 - 20
Saints: 22.2 - 24
Jags: 21.6 - 27
Colts: 15.7 - 25

Not ONE DAMN TIME has the defense been able to hold opposing offenses under their PPG totals for the entire year. Not once.... but yeah, at least they didn't play as bad as the offense did that one game b/c they've been doing it all year.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Stupid stuff.....

This is why the defense is bottom 3 in DYAR. These are bad offenses scoring a lot. Some of these defenses (Titans/Broncos/Colts, etc.) are very good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

The first quarter of the Tenn game? 3 long TD drives to start a game is literally the worst you can do on D no? 

I’ll give you that even though their rb is arguably the best ever but I’ll give you that 

what would be the defensive equivalent to the offensive production in the saints game?

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

or were you talking about the saints game? if so then yes, our O just didnt show up that day, no arguments there. 
but Tenn start was just terrible on D, as was our start on O yesterday. 

Tenn you say well they turned it around at the end.
Yesterday you say they started well 

But its just never there fault in your mind, and that is ok. I have low expecttions of them too, but I can still fault them for 1. allowing a matt ryan 40 yard run? 

Wish carr was gutsy enough to do a 40 yard run…

imo that was the difference game on the fence we’re up 20-19 4th qtr defense stops Indy, gives the ball back to the offense. 

I get it it’s a ugly low scoring game defense doing the best it can offense has to take over. Carr needs to improvise/extend plays (which imo is how adams 2nd td happened). But no 3 n out. Sometimes in ugly games you have to do extra. Carr can’t/won’t do extra.

Ryan he’s willing to do extra which is why he’s considered slightly above carr legacy wise imo.

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ll give you that even though their rb is arguably the best ever but I’ll give you that 

what would be the defensive equivalent to the offensive production in the saints game?

haha It have to be a score on every drive. probably a TD on every drive. 

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wish carr was gutsy enough to do a 40 yard run…

imo that was the difference game on the fence we’re up 20-19 4th qtr defense stops Indy, gives the ball back to the offense. 

I get it it’s a ugly low scoring game defense doing the best it can offense has to take over. Carr needs to improvise/extend plays (which imo is how adams 2nd td happened). But no 3 n out. Sometimes in ugly games you have to do extra. Carr can’t/won’t do extra.

Ryan he’s willing to do extra which is why he’s considered slightly above carr legacy wise imo.

Fair enough, but I guarantee you Matt Ryan doesnt scramble for a 40 yard run against the Colts D. 
Every QB seems to light up the Raiders D and play their best. . . maybe next year we will see Carr at his best if he plays against us lol

And for the record, I'm not trying to advocate for or against anyone.  However, I can't believe anyone is for either side of the ball. 

If we didn't win the game, neither side did enough. The offense didn't score enough and the defense gave up too much, football 101.  The Saints game is the only game that doesn't apply because the offense did nothing.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

haha It have to be a score on every drive. probably a TD on every drive. 

Fair enough, but I guarantee you Matt Ryan doesnt scramble for a 40 yard run against the Colts D. 
Every QB seems to light up the Raiders D and play their best. . . maybe next year we will see Carr at his best if he plays against us lol

What would you say is carr at his best stat wise? I think bp said carr hasn’t had a 3 td game since 2020. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What would you say is carr at his best stat wise? I think bp said carr hasn’t had a 3 td game since 2020. 

I mean i dont really care about who gets TDs. We had 3 TDs on O yesterday. 
Thought Carr threw what shouldve been 3 TDs. 

Id say against our D a Carr lead team would likely put up 28+ though

39 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr has the longest active streak of consecutive starts without 3+ TD in the NFL. Dude hasn't had 3 TD in front of fans since we were still in Oakland, lol.