Raiders Longterm Outlook

NYRaider

1 hour ago, G said:

I'm keeping Carr but trading down as many times I can to get 1sts to go after a QB in 2024. If Carr balls then we have the 3rd year before blowing it up and we had our rookie learn under Carr like Aaron did under Brett. 

I am normally all for trading down and building future assets but if we have a chance at a blue chip DT we need to take the shot.  Only way I pass on a top DT is if we can fix the iDL in free agency.  Give me Payne and Hargrave then do what you want in the draft.  It is a pipe dream but I would settle for Payne plus a mid FA and a day 2 DT.  Then trade back acquiring as many 2024 picks and a couple day 2 picks to address the o-line.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I am normally all for trading down and building future assets but if we have a chance at a blue chip DT we need to take the shot.  Only way I pass on a top DT is if we can fix the iDL in free agency.  Give me Payne and Hargrave then do what you want in the draft.  It is a pipe dream but I would settle for Payne plus a mid FA and a day 2 DT.  Then trade back acquiring as many 2024 picks and a couple day 2 picks to address the o-line.  

Hurts being on a rookie deal probably gives the Eagles a great chance to bring back Hargrave. Bring on the Payne 

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

Hurts being on a rookie deal probably gives the Eagles a great chance to bring back Hargrave. Bring on the Payne 

If Payne is there in FA he needs to be priority number 1.  I have been pounding the table for a stud 3T for over two decades and we keep throwing absolute **** out there YOY.  Any type of push from the interior would do wonders for this D.  A solid RT is also a priority in FA.  

I honestly hope we finish with a top 5 pick in the draft.  This team needs an influx of elite talent.  Sign Payne and draft Anderson, Carter or an elite CB and we will start to build something.  I would wait on Oline as quality interior Oline can be found in the middle rounds.  

• Like 2

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

If Payne is there in FA he needs to be priority number 1.  I have been pounding the table for a stud 3T for over two decades and we keep throwing absolute **** out there YOY.  Any type of push from the interior would do wonders for this D.  A solid RT is also a priority in FA.  

I honestly hope we finish with a top 5 pick in the draft.  This team needs an influx of elite talent.  Sign Payne and draft Anderson, Carter or an elite CB and we will start to build something.  I would wait on Oline as quality interior Oline can be found in the middle rounds.  

If we can actually afford him, I think we can all agree that this is a no brainer. The we have to draft DL in the first round to double down 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Eagles do not have much cap next year and are locked into a lot of the contracts but it would be easier to let him walk since they drafted Davis and with the extra 1st, 6th overall, without many holes they can still use a top pick to replace him.  Could you imagine Carter falling to them.  Let Cox and Hargrave walk and replace them year 1 with Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter.  The worst case scenario is they could get Bryan Bresee.

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

If we can actually afford him, I think we can all agree that this is a no brainer. The we have to draft DL in the first round to double down 

Finally something we can all agree to.  This might be our boards kumbaya topic.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Eagles do not have much cap next year and are locked into a lot of the contracts but it would be easier to let him walk since they drafted Davis and with the extra 1st, 6th overall, without many holes they can still use a top pick to replace him.  Could you imagine Carter falling to them.  Let Cox and Hargrave walk and replace them year 1 with Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter.  The worst case scenario is they could get Bryan Bresee.

You think Bresee translates to the NFL I don’t watch a lot of a college but I saw Bresee’s high school clips holy bleep man. 

If Carr has a good offensive line I have no problem keeping him. Problem is our OL sucks at pass protection, and is only pretty good at run blocking.

That being said I'm ok with drafting a QB at this point. I don't think our OL will be vastly improved by next season. Maybe roll with Carr 1 more year and let a young QB develop?

Our defense is also trash. So we need to be drafting BPA on the DL and not "reaching" for high character guys that don't perform. 

13 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

If Carr has a good offensive line I have no problem keeping him. Problem is our OL sucks at pass protection, and is only pretty good at run blocking.

That being said I'm ok with drafting a QB at this point. I don't think our OL will be vastly improved by next season. Maybe roll with Carr 1 more year and let a young QB develop?

Our defense is also trash. So we need to be drafting BPA on the DL and not "reaching" for high character guys that don't perform. 

Towards the end the  “ Carr Insurance” era I know some fans here were belly aching about the resources tied up in the oline. I had no problem with it if Carr was the guy 

Edited by SimonGruber

Some free agents that I'd like us to potentially target: 

Offense

RB: Damien Harris, Rashaad Penny, Jamaal Williams

WR: Nelson Agholor, DJ Chark, Mecole Hardman

OT: Isaiah Wynn, Jawaan Taylor, Mike McGlinchey, Andre Dillard

OG: Elgton Jenkins, Nate Davis, Dalton Risner

Defense

DE: Leonard Williams

DT: Da'Ron Payne, Jason Hargrave, A'Shawn Robinson, Dalvin Tomlinson

LB: Tremaine Edmunds, Leighton Vander Esch, Kyle Van Noy, Bobby Okereke 

CB: Jamel Dean, James Bradberry, Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, Sean Murphy-Bunting 

S: Julian Love, Juan Thornhill, Justin Simmons, Jessie Bates, Von Bell 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

If we're going to roll with Carr I don't think investing our first pick into another QB is the right decision, go get someone that can help us win now. 

We've seen other teams rebuild their offensive lines in a single offseason. Add two starters in free agency and draft another guy in the early/middle rounds depending on how we feel about James at OC.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Some free agents that I'd like us to potentially target: 

Offense

RB: Damien Harris, Rashaad Penny, Jamaal Williams

WR: Nelson Agholor, DJ Chark, Mecole Hardman

OT: Isaiah Wynn, Jawaan Taylor, Mike McGlinchey, Andre Dillard

OG: Elgton Jenkins, Nate Davis, Dalton Risner

Defense

DE: Leonard Williams

DT: Da'Ron Payne, Jason Hargrave, A'Shawn Robinson, Dalvin Tomlinson

LB: Tremaine Edmunds, Leighton Vander Esch, Kyle Van Noy, Bobby Okereke 

CB: Jamel Dean, James Bradberry, Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, Sean Murphy-Bunting 

S: Julian Love, Juan Thornhill, Justin Simmons, Jessie Bates, Von Bell 

There are some nice names on here.  I am not sure how much cap space we'll have but landing Payne, one of those OT's to play RT and one of those young corners would be a great haul at three major areas of need. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we're going to roll with Carr I don't think investing our first pick into another QB is the right decision, go get someone that can help us win now. 

We've seen other teams rebuild their offensive lines in a single offseason. Add two starters in free agency and draft another guy in the early/middle rounds depending on how we feel about James at OC.

James is a bum and can be easily upgraded in the mid rounds of a draft.  The guy is average at best

• Like 1

have to build up the defense and OLINE. all good teams thrive in these areas. Look at the eagles, Hurts is looking like a superstar behind the best OL. Their defense is lights out too, so they still can't be beat. Raiders defense has been a joke for too long. I would fix the OL in next years free agency. Spend the money for a OL. We need 3 starting OL plus depth.  I would go defense heavy in next years draft. I believe we have 12 draft picks, and I wouldn't be mad at spending the first 3 picks on defense. Spend 10 out of the 12 picks on defensive players. Hopefully we can draft 3 difference makers in the first 3 rounds and find a few steals. The only starters I'll bring back at Maxx, Hobbs, Moehrig, Rock, Doablo (cheap for a 3rd LB)

13 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

You think Bresee translates to the NFL I don’t watch a lot of a college but I saw Bresee’s high school clips holy bleep man. 

I do not think he is worth a top ten pick but a late first or early 2nd might be a good spot for him.  Depending on his combine he could rise up draft boards.