Week 11 Thread: 5-5 Commanders @ 1-7-1 Texans - Our favorite type of trap game

MikeT14

If we dont blow out the Texans, we cannot claim to be "good". This is the time to separate yourself from the "bad" teams if you believe yourself to be playoff material. 

That being said, I cant imagine the staff and team put together two straight weeks of solid gameplan/gameplay. If we get behind, we will probably abandon the run and that would he worst case scenario.

Hopefully Chase Young gets some PT this week. 

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

If we dont blow out the Texans, we cannot claim to be "good". This is the time to separate yourself from the "bad" teams if you believe yourself to be playoff material. 

That being said, I cant imagine the staff and team put together two straight weeks of solid gameplan/gameplay. If we get behind, we will probably abandon the run and that would he worst case scenario.

Hopefully Chase Young gets some PT this week. 

I don't care if we blow them out. They played Giants tough last week & I believe most of their losses have been close. They just have a bad record.

I hope we win comfortably, but I'll take a nail biter so long as we win 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ben Standing this morning on the Kevin Sheehan show said he didn’t see Cole Holcomb playing. 

I sure hope Rivera has this team ready to go on Sunday. They have to get this W after winning vs the Eagles, they have to keep this momentum going for the rest of the season.

On 11/17/2022 at 10:43 AM, aceinthehouse said:

I don't care if we blow them out. They played Giants tough last week & I believe most of their losses have been close. They just have a bad record.

I hope we win comfortably, but I'll take a nail biter so long as we win 

Yeah, they’re not the awful team that their record would make you think they are. They play a lot like we have recently actually, with a strong run game & then try to play solid defense & win the time of possession.

They we’re tied with the Eagles at halftime on Thursday night football & only lost or them by 12. They only lost to the Giants by 8, they are a tough out.

We have to play the way we’ve been playing with a solid run game, good to great defense, an efficient/sometimes lucky passing game & we have to win the turnover battle if we want to win the game.

I feel this is going to be a close game, bc that’s how we are playing right now given our QB situation. Neither one of our QBs are a QB who will win us many games having to throw the ball 40 times a game.

With Heinicke starting, Scotty knows this, so it forces Scotty to stick to the run game & as long as we pay around D as we have been the last 6 games or so, we should win the game but it’s going to be close.

I expect 40 carries again from our running backs w/ Samuel sprinkled in for 5 or so & Heinicke running 5 times on his own when he’s rushed or if something isn’t there, and can we get a zone read when he keeps it every once in a while? Especially inside the 10 yard line?

I hope we’re able to get more ypc this game than what we’ve been getting from BRob & Gibby.

If we’re going to have 40 Carrie’s in a game, I would hope that both BRob & Gibby can get at least 4 ypc. If they do, that will open our offense up some for play action.

I think Heinicke has near or just over 30 attempts again this game & throes for 250 yards, maybe a bit more or less & 2 TDs. Hopefully he actually has a game where he throws ZERO ints & that gives us a more comfortable win.

C’s: 27

Texans: 17

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So R R gets a bye week on the call. If Heinicke wets the sheets this week. It's back to Carson next week . 

Maybe. Ron also said Wentz needs to practice. He hasn't really done that yet. But a proverbial wetting of the sheets would be a problem, yes. 

• Like 1