Gameday Thread: Week 11: Raiders @ Broncos 2:05 MST

BroncoSojia

So Kubiak keeps the playcalling duties.  An obvious call, but at least 1 thing that won't drive me insane next week (although I'm probably going to watch it later on, so I can just FF through areas and make it a 1-hour watch....I meant it when I said I'm done watching DEN live until Hackett's fired - if nothing else, it will keep my blood pressure in normal range lol).

• Like 1

i have to say that the 49ers play my brand of football, and to think we could have had Kyle Shanahan, Mike McDaniel, heck you have John Lynch in the Broncos' Ring of Fame.  You could have traded Gordon and a draft pick for CMC. 

The Broncos mimicking what the 49ers have done has never hurt the Broncos, we had been doing it since 1995.  Go back to that, go get Anthony Lynn or Demeco Ryan if Ejiro follows Hackett.  

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

As for the original reasoning....obv the right call, but man, every time Hackett goes deeper into his thought processes, the more overmatched you realize he is.   Sheesh.

This is wild. I've never seen a HC this lost so quickly. Hired for his play calling. Hires someone to manage the game week 3. Gives up play calling week 10. What exactly is it he does there now? 

Most coaches have egos and will punch back. This dude is tucking into the fetal position and hoping not to get hit.

23 hours ago, Broncofan said:

A huge diff in yesterday though was lack of execution vs. outright bad design / play sequencing.   Hinton drops a likely TD.   Sutton drops a sure RZ first down on the 2nd drive.  And so on.   We’ve seen it before but the plays were there.    Still doesn’t excuse the result.  

But you’re right it’s somewhat moot.  It was against a brutal D.    And I’m still p*ssed every time I reference the game.   Usually by today it’s faded and it’s on to next week.   Having Hackett remain as HC is probably affecting my objectivity now.  

At this pace I might need to change my nick to an AnAngryCanadian.  

You’re Canadian, too??

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

All my life - but been a Broncos fan since age 6 lol.   First game I saw Dallas - Denver SBXII.    Prefer it to CFL by a mile.   

The only thing about the CFL game that I prefer is the clock (besides being able to run a play with zeroes on the clock, which is an abomination of God’s entire creation). A two-possession game with less than 5 minutes to go in the NFL, change the channel. But in the CFL, each team could have 4 possessions in that span.  

Anyways, I started watching the NFL when I was 10, the last year the Broncos wore orange full time. It was my favourite colour, so that’s why I picked them. Terrell Davis being a  megastar that season didn’t hurt, either.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The only thing about the CFL game that I prefer is the clock (besides being able to run a play with zeroes on the clock, which is an abomination of God’s entire creation). A two-possession game with less than 5 minutes to go in the NFL, change the channel. But in the CFL, each team could have 4 possessions in that span.  

Anyways, I started watching the NFL when I was 10, the last year the Broncos wore orange full time. It was my favourite colour, so that’s why I picked them. Terrell Davis being a  megastar that season didn’t hurt, either.

Giving single points for missed kicks / punts in EZ / 1-yard between players & the 3-down format just makes it a league I’ll never enjoy as much as NFL.   Not to mention the talent gap.  

Broncos 4 life.   Even if I won’t watch any Sunday day game live until Hackett’s fired that’s never changing.  

Edited by Broncofan