Week 12 GDT: CARP WEEK PART II

MWil23

15 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

If Hue is here next year, with AJ McCarron and no high pick at QB, this team can just go on without me. That's a triple-layer cake of stupid.

If you ain't left yet one more dumb move won't do it either.  We're all under the same curse.

If that's what they choose to do, I won't freak out, but it had better work or you'll be handing over your title of the Hue Jackson Hater's club to yours truly.

6 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm 24 with 20/20 vision. I haven't missed a poor read, badly thrown interception, sitting in the pocket for 4 seconds and up, and bad audible yet. 

Might be 24 but you sure dont have the vision 

Not if you think Cody Kessler is a better option than Kizer

All those things you listed about Kizer are glowing remarks compared to what Kessler brings to this offense

If you think Kizer was the reason we lost this game your insane 

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you ain't left yet one more dumb move won't do it either.  We're all under the same curse.

If that's what they choose to do, I won't freak out, but it had better work or you'll be handing over your title of the Hue Jackson Hater's club to yours truly.

Meh.  My Give-A-****-O-Meter is all tapped out.

Even Josh Gordon's long-awaited ascension from the ashes won't be enough for me to watch if that happens.  As I watch on the DVR, mostly on fast forward, I am asked every week, "Why do you do this to yourself?".  I do not have an answer.

I have faith in very few things with this team, but the one thing I trust most is the intelligence of the front office.  I can't see them letting any of those three things happen if they are still in their current positions come spring.  If they are not, that will be my other ripcord.  I will pass the baton of Hue-hatred on to anyone who cares to pick it up.

4 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Meh.  My Give-A-****-O-Meter is all tapped out.

Even Josh Gordon's long-awaited ascension from the ashes won't be enough for me to watch if that happens.  As I watch on the DVR, mostly on fast forward, I am asked every week, "Why do you do this to yourself?".  I do not have an answer.

I have faith in very few things with this team, but the one thing I trust most is the intelligence of the front office.  I can't see them letting any of those three things happen if they are still in their current positions come spring.  If they are not, that will be my other ripcord.  I will pass the baton of Hue-hatred on to anyone who cares to pick it up.

Believe me I hear ya. I drove home from Canton yesterday at 9am to get back in time to watch the game. Why?  Still not sure. Coulda slept in and had a big ole wonderful breakfast as the Embassy Suites, but I had to make sure to watch the sht show. Good times....

BUT... a slew of draft picks and a few free agent signings as well as some months of not being subjected to this unique form of torture and hope will spring eternal....like every other year.

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

Might be 24 but you sure dont have the vision 

Not if you think Cody Kessler is a better option than Kizer

All those things you listed about Kizer are glowing remarks compared to what Kessler brings to this offense

If you think Kizer was the reason we lost this game your insane 

It's funny. Only Browns fans would argue so vehemently over two equally steaming piles of crap. We've been starved for far too long.

This team has no competent QB, let alone a franchise one. I just want this season over with so we can draft the best one in the class. For once.

19 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

It's funny. Only Browns fans would argue so vehemently over two equally steaming piles of crap. We've been starved for far too long.

This team has no competent QB, let alone a franchise one. I just want this season over with so we can draft the best one in the class. For once.

But what if the analytics tell these guys to draft Saquon Barkley????  And then trade down with Houston's pick to....you know....accumulate draft capitol?  And then get cute and take....  Luke Falk at the bottom of the first round, after Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, and Jackson are selected????

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

But what if the analytics tell these guys to draft Saquon Barkley????  And then trade down with Houston's pick to....you know....accumulate draft capitol?  And then get cute and take....  Luke Falk at the bottom of the first round, after Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, and Jackson are selected????

Its not as if they haven't liked QB's or potentially would have taken them.  

Apparently Goff was their guy in 2016.  They liked Mahomes and Trubisky last year if the reports were true.

They just weren't in a great spot to get those guys (unless we wanted to pass on Garrett).

If they pass on a qb again AND Kizer fails next year, they deserve any and all criticism, but to criticize them for moves they may or may not make is pointless.

18 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

care to elaborate on how Chicago is gonna smash us? They have no WR, their defense has holes and injuries, and they haven't been able to run the ball lately. 

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!?!?!?!

XMAS EVE MIRACLE TOO!!!  The Windy City Electric Boogaloo!

Tag Line: Sometimes the most meaningless games... Mean the most!

In fact I'm calling the GDT for that game. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

2 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Oh, for ****'s sake.  Just sell the damn team, before you make it worse.

The only thing worse than signing/trading for A.J. McCarron and PASSING on a legit QBOTF with our #1 pick is:

Doing all of that AND getting nailed with tampering charges, forfeiting a draft pick, and keeping Hue Jackson through it all.

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The only thing worse than signing/trading for A.J. McCarron and PASSING on a legit QBOTF with our #1 pick is:

Doing all of that AND getting nailed with tampering charges, forfeiting a draft pick, and keeping Hue Jackson through it all.

You've seen this movie before, haven't you?

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

2 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

You've seen this movie before, haven't you?

*talks @ditchdiggerdown from the ledge*

We may or may not get McCarron next year, but we're going to draft a ton of dudes, and Hue can't stop us from adding talent.  I still see this coming offseason as integral to the turn-around.  And just because they're all smiles doesn't mean Hue isn't gone at the end of the year.  My favorite holiday, Black Monday, is coming up.

Archived