Zach Wilson

biggie.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Name me the last one with THIS bad of a college resume. Darnold had some solid moments at USC, Mayfield was a beast at Oklahoma - heck, Rosen made UCLA pretty relevant.

I guess it would be Josh Allen? Who ultimately was the 3rd QB taken?

Allen's college resume was even pretty good tbqh, no Wyoming QB has come even close to that production since.

• Like 2

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Saleh will face open rebellion if it's not White or Flacco next week.

I would hope that he's pulling some team captains aside in private and getting a feel for where the players' heads are at

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Rosen at least while never improving in college ran a real offense with real competition, you can see the throughline, Wilson ran a mickey mouse offense against accountants in a year where half the players didn't play and there was nobody in the stands, and even THEN he never actually looked all that impressive! 

I never saw it, I'll never understand it.

Oh I totally agree on that eval part - there was ample evidence that Rosen could be a viable QB in the NFL, from his Freshman year onwards. Despite his NFL failures, he was a good college QB. You can’t say that about Wilson.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Allen's college resume was even pretty good tbqh, no Wyoming QB has come even close to that production since.

Yeah I hesitated to list him - his big knock was completion percentage, everything else was worth looking at.

Maybe Mitch Trubisky?

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

So it begins. That “No” comment may have been the nail in the coffin for him in that locker room.

Oh, I’m sensing a “players only” meeting in the very near future…

28 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

in principle i agree, but the alternative in the jets' case was to draft justin fields, who was the superior prospect in every conceivable way- traits, production, character, you name it. he's not setting the world on fire through the air but he's a much better fit for the jets' offense and would likely be a much more effective player for them than wilson (not to mention he'd be working with a lot more talent in NY). it was baffling at the time and it's even more baffling now.

Again, very fair point. I wasn’t a fan of Wilson, either. Out of all the QBs he reeked the most of a bust.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Again, very fair point. I wasn’t a fan of Wilson, either. Out of all the QBs he reeked the most of a bust.

I absolutely get your logic of "you need a guy like this to win so overdraft one if you think you can do it", I mostly agree, I just think that there's gradients to it and none of these guys drafted to be Mahomes, to be Allen, to be the freak athlete have been properly vetted. Most of them are no better than Malik Willis. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Darnold never looked this bad.

Yes he did lol.

Darnold @ NE in 2019: 11-32, 86 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs, 1 fumble. He was actually said during the game that he was seeing ghosts, that’s how bad NE was pressuring him, to the point that he’d feel pressure with no one there. Absolute deer-in-headlights game for him, probably the worst of his entire career.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Name me the last one with THIS bad of a college resume. Darnold had some solid moments at USC, Mayfield was a beast at Oklahoma - heck, Rosen made UCLA pretty relevant.

I guess it would be Josh Allen? Who ultimately was the 3rd QB taken?

Jake Locker is a good comparison. 

I was a big fan of his admittedly, I didn't think he would flame out as fast as he did.  But if we're talking resume and measurable and whatnot, I think Locker is as good as a comp as you can find.  

Just now, Trojan said:

I had a sig bet with DefenseWinsChampionships that Davis Mills would have a better year than Zach Wilson. Were he not banned, would I be technically winning at this point or nah?

Oh, nooooooo… you’d be losing. Davis Mills is a mess. Not the #2 pick, so it’s a quick fix next offseason.

• Like 1