QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Free agents care about money. 

I'd prefer we don't have to massively overpay every free agent over the next decade just to get them to play here. GB is not a hot destination for multi millionaires in their mid 20s to come live.

Players talk and when the only word people hear coming out of Green Bay is how our front office is full of snakes that hurts the whole organization 

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'd prefer we don't have to massively overpay every free agent over the next decade just to get them to play here. GB is not a hot destination for multi millionaires in their mid 20s to come live.

Players talk and when the only word people hear coming out of Green Bay is how our front office is full of snakes that hurts the whole organization 

They’ll be fine.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Oh it’s showing currently 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Teams do not say "we are moving on from this player" and expect to get kings ransoms. 

This X 1,000

GB has moved on already and now they want to play hard ball.  Sounds like they are hoping Woody gets antsy but if they hold their ground it'll probably be a 3rd and conditional 2024 pick.  If Woody get nervous he may force JD into a 2nd.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Why are you completely ignoring the fact that there's only 1 option for the Jets?  It's literally only Rodgers.

Lamar? Cousins? Stafford? A rookie? 

I could quote you multiple times and fire back but I will say instead just say this…..

Good luck with the Jordan Love era. I hope it works out well for you guys. We will try and trade for Rodgers and if both parties are happy then cool. If not we will move on. No issue whatsoever.

As someone who’s been on this board 13 years all I would ask is stop spouting bollocks like they are facts. I can debate all day long with opinions but when you’re stating things like they are facts I feel like I’m talking to the wall. 

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

I could quote you multiple times and fire back but I will say instead just say this…..

Good luck with the Jordan Love era. I hope it works out well for you guys. We will try and trade for Rodgers and if both parties are happy then cool. If not we will move on. No issue whatsoever.

As someone who’s been on this board 13 years all I would ask is stop spouting bollocks like they are facts. I can debate all day long with opinions but when you’re stating things like they are facts I feel like I’m talking to the wall. 

If the Jets were going to chase Lamar Jackson, they would have already.  But they aren't and they won't.  Kirk Cousins?  The definition of QB purgatory is your idea of "fixing" the QB position.  Might as well have signed Derek Carr if you want QB purgatory.  Have to look at it from Minnesota's perspective.  They incur a nearly $39M in dead cap if they trade him before June 1st, which is similar to Green Bay.  Matthew Stafford is even worse at $74M in dead cap, and his body is breaking down even worse than Rodgers' is.  And good luck drafting the AT BEST QB4 in the draft.  Right now, the 3 of the first four picks are going to be QBs.  And then beyond that you have Seattle (at 5), Detroit (at 6), Las Vegas (at 7), and Atlanta (at 8) that could take a QB.  I mean, if you want to take Tanner McKee at 13 go right ahead.

And I'm not pointing out facts, I'm pointing out the other side of the coin that seems to be conveniently ignored for whatever reason.

46 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I doubt Green Bay will fret that Randall Cobb doesn’t want to sign there.

I’m talking for us. Let’s take a guy like Calais Campbell. He wants to win a ring. We don’t get AR. He doesn’t want to play for us. We add AR. I’d have to think we catch his interest.

Thats just 1 example.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

This X 1,000

GB has moved on already and now they want to play hard ball.  Sounds like they are hoping Woody gets antsy but if they hold their ground it'll probably be a 3rd and conditional 2024 pick.  If Woody get nervous he may force JD into a 2nd.

Not gonna happen (forcing JD to sweeten the offer).

As I just said in NFL Gen, the first major landmark for this trade is the 2023 NFL Draft. I HIGHLY doubt the Packers are willing to go into the draft with no extra draft capital just for the sake of sticking to their guns. They will be forced to blink first and ultimately it's not a huge difference if we have A-Rod in the building now vs a month from now.

Most Packers fans have been nothing short of delusional and it's going to be hilarious seeing the sour grapes when they're forced to accept the reality of this deal.

Edited by jetjuice

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Packers fans are having an extremely hard time coming to terms with losing one of their two best players in franchise history and it's showing.

There's no "try" and trade for Rodgers, we're getting this trade done before the draft and GB is going to have to pull the trigger whether they like it or not. There is ZERO SENSE in not using those draft picks to retool your team while seeing what you may or may not have in Jordan Love and having Rodgers rot on the bench, sorry. Not only is that a massive waste of a potential asset (that they need before draft day), but it's a horrendous look for the team, a horrible way to treat a marquee franchise player who would've retired a Packer if it were up to him, and would only give more juice to the whispers of GB's front office being full of snakes. That's career suicide for a guy like Brian Gutekunst who's already stuck between a rock and a hard place.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If the Jets were going to chase Lamar Jackson, they would have already.  But they aren't and they won't. Kirk Cousins?  The definition of QB purgatory is your idea of "fixing" the QB position.  Might as well have signed Derek Carr if you want QB purgatory.  Have to look at it from Minnesota's perspective.  They incur a nearly $39M in dead cap if they trade him before June 1st, which is similar to Green Bay.  Matthew Stafford is even worse at $74M in dead cap, and his body is breaking down even worse than Rodgers' is.  And good luck drafting the AT BEST QB4 in the draft.  Right now, the 3 of the first four picks are going to be QBs.  And then beyond that you have Seattle (at 5), Detroit (at 6), Las Vegas (at 7), and Atlanta (at 8) that could take a QB.  I mean, if you want to take Tanner McKee at 13 go right ahead.

And I'm not pointing out facts, I'm pointing out the other side of the coin that seems to be conveniently ignored for whatever reason.

Bollocks!!!!!!! 

First fact according to you; 

“If the Jets were going to chase Lamar Jackson, they would have already.  But they aren't and they won't.” 

Work in the Jets front office do you?!?

Second; 

“And good luck drafting the AT BEST QB4 in the draft.”

Josh Allen was the 3rd qb took in 2018 and Lamar the 5th. So unless you’re from the future how can you tell me we will get the fourth best qb?! How many qbs were drafted before the Patriots got Brady?!

Third;

“Right now, the 3 of the first four picks are going to be QBs“

Chance they will be but again unless you’re from the future how can you state these claims like they are facts?! They are your opinion. Massive difference. 

- You are completely full of **** mate. No other way of saying it. Unless you work in the Jets FO or a fortune teller you have completely contradicted yourself. Everything you say is subjective and an opinion. Of which like stated earlier is cool to discuss. 

But when you push your opinion like it’s the gospel truth it’s so annoying. I keep away from the bollocks you and others have said over in the Gen page but you’re over here know carrying on with the same ****. 

And do me a favour with your previous post saying none of the packers fans think you will get multiple first round picks. That’s all I have read from the majority over there on the Rodgers discussion page. It’s been going on for weeks!!

Absolute nonsense. I’d rather not get Rodgers if it means you will be sticking your nose in here every week chatting ****e after every game he is a Jet.