QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

11 hours ago, fattlipp said:

We are fine holding him until Sep 1 and trading his right to anyone in the AFC not named the Jets for best package possible,  some team will take on the cap to try to retrade,  we’ll put restrictions cant trade to NFC or the Jets.

This is getting psychotic now lol.

Packer fan here, I posted this on the Packer board but I’m interested in what you guys think as well.

What do you guys think the point of contention is right now? 

Im not here to talk about leverage . I’m just curious on what everyone thinks is holding it up.

I find it highly highly unlikely it’s a 2nd or 3rd round pick holding this up. 

My personal guess it’s that the offer was basically

This years 1st, a 3rd next year that could be come a 2.

I think we’ve upped our asking price to a 2nd round pick that could be a 1 in 2024.

what are your guys’ thoughts ?

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Packer fan here, I posted this on the Packer board but I’m interested in what you guys think as well.

Im not here to talk about leverage . I’m just curious on what everyone thinks is holding it up.

I think we’ve upped our asking price to a 2nd round pick that could be a 1 in 2024.

It's not what we think, it's what Aaron himself already confirmed to be true.

Packers are digging their heels in for a certain price tag. Jets aren't budging -> how we got to the leverage discussion in the first place.

I do not see any FRP's being involved unless it's a '24 conditional pick on the basis that the Jets make/win the SB.

10 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Packers are digging their heels in for a certain price tag. Jets aren't budging -> how we got to the leverage discussion in the first place.

I do not see any FRP's being involved unless it's a '24 conditional pick on the basis that the Jets make/win the SB.

20 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Mr Rainmaker, We probably know less than you know, The only thing we know is there  is no way we give up a first round pick for a player who will be 40  years old & probably play one   or two years.

34 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Mr Rainmaker, We probably know less than you know, The only thing we know is there  is no way we give up a first round pick for a player who will be 40  years old & probably play one   or two years.

Okay. 

Back to the question I asked about. 

What do you think is being negotiated?  What do you think we are asking for and what do you think is your guys’ offer that you’re not budging from ?

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

The worst I give up if I'm the Jets is pick 13 and that's only if I feel like my back is completely against the wall.

Jets have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. If the Packers are really holding out for multiple firsts or pick 13 and more compensation I would tell them to kick rocks. 

I think 13 isn’t on the table. Maybe our 2nd this year. But I doubt they give up 13. That’s incredibly too valuable for a 39 year old. I even question if next years 1st would be involved. Maybe conditionally if we make the SB or something. 

I think JD probably has 2 offers that are very similar in value out there for GB. And he’s given GB the option to pick which one they want. Heck he might even have more than 2 options for them. I just doubt any of them are close to that crazy value GB thinks they’ll get for him. And that’s why we’re at where we’re at. With no trade agreed to.

I do still trust Wingo and think something gets finalized this next week.

28 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Okay. 

Back to the question I asked about. 

What do you think is being negotiated?  What do you think we are asking for and what do you think is your guys’ offer that you’re not budging from ?

i AM SURE ITS MONEY, OUR FIRST ROUND PICK IS OFFF THE TABLE

For the jets this is an all in bet … they have no need to blink … 

Aaron Rodgers has said he wants to be a jet … he has a no trade clause in his contract so he can also say he doesn’t want to be traded to other teams … and honestly who else is even in the market.

for a 39 year old QB the best they can hope for is a 2nd now and a conditional 2nd next year … maybe a conditional 1st if we win the Super Bowl … if they wait till after the draft why do we care a pick next year is worth less than same package this year … don’t think they’d get much better sorted out … don’t they also need to move his contract for free agency $$ and draft picks to give love an audition now … 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Aaron Rodgers has said he wants to be a jet … he has a no trade clause in his contract so he can also say he doesn’t want to be traded to other teams … and honestly who else is even in the market.

for a 39 year old QB the best they can hope for is a 2nd now and a conditional 2nd next year … maybe a conditional 1st if we win the Super Bowl … if they wait till after the draft why do we care a pick next year is worth less than same package this year … don’t think they’d get much better sorted out … don’t they also need to move his contract for free agency $$ and draft picks to give love an audition now … 

AR doesn’t have a no trade clause. He just can always retire or say he’ll play for GB. GB doesn’t want him to play. They want him out. Just on their time frame. Not ours.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So you think you’re getting a proven WR that was a borderline 1st rounder that’s 24. A talented 4th round 23 year old TE. 2 2nds and a conditional 3rd?

I want what you’re smoking.

Come down to earth.

You’d swear we’re trying to trade for Josh Allen with some of these packages GB thinks they’ll get.

Josh Allen would be 4 1st and 3 2nds.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think JD probably has 2 offers that are very similar in value out there for GB. And he’s given GB the option to pick which one they want. Heck he might even have more than 2 options for them. I just doubt any of them are close to that crazy value GB thinks they’ll get for him. And that’s why we’re at where we’re at. With no trade agreed to.

I do still trust Wingo and think something gets finalized this next week.

What’s your opinion on what potentially those offers could be? Like centerpiece 

17 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

He doesn’t have a no trade clause, he can only threat to retire and lose 60-100 mil

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

When it comes to trades, I trust JD. I can't recall him giving up too much for someone. I know this different, but I expect a good deal for us. 

And , ,

hes 20-46

Gute

45-19-1

Edited by fattlipp