The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

If Jacobs misses all of camp and then just shows up week one to play it will be a long season for him. Players are more prone to injury when they miss training camp. McDaniels won't just let him start either, He'll have to work his way back into the mix. I'm excited to see what Zeus can do. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

If Jacobs misses all of camp and then just shows up week one to play it will be a long season for him. Players are more prone to injury when they miss training camp. McDaniels won't just let him start either, He'll have to work his way back into the mix. I'm excited to see what Zeus can do. 

McDaniels said that he respected Josh's decision to hold out for training camp. Dude is going to bench arguably the best RB in the NFL to play someone who got like 7 carries last year because McZiegler couldn't get a deal done in the first place? Bad regime is bad.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

McDaniels said that he respected Josh's decision to hold out for training camp. Dude is going to bench arguably the best RB in the NFL to play someone who got like 7 carries last year because McZiegler couldn't get a deal done in the first place? Bad regime is bad.

Yeah that’s what he said, but would it suprise you if they did “work him back in slowly”? I wouldn’t be surprised if they slow play him for a few weeks. Coachspeak and reality are 2 different things, not telling you anything you don’t already know. 👍🍻

On 7/26/2023 at 7:28 AM, Devilshark69 said:

Yeah that’s what he said, but would it suprise you if they did “work him back in slowly”? I wouldn’t be surprised if they slow play him for a few weeks. Coachspeak and reality are 2 different things, not telling you anything you don’t already know. 👍🍻

He didn't trust Zeus last year

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He didn't trust Zeus last year

Jacobs screwed himself, he is the one who said he would play on the tag, but if they want him to be the hero they have to pay him like a hero. In all honesty I think the plan was to get Zeus and Brown more involved this year anyway and cut Jacobs carries down. He got a 2mil raise by them not picking up the 5th year option.

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Jacobs screwed himself, he is the one who said he would play on the tag, but if they want him to be the hero they have to pay him like a hero. In all honesty I think the plan was to get Zeus and Brown more involved this year anyway and cut Jacobs carries down. He got a 2mil raise by them not picking up the 5th year option.

He said he’d play on the tag if they upgraded the team. They screwed the pooch so he’s pissed. 

33 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

That's not what he said that's how you interpret it. I pretty much quoted word for word what he said.

Jacobs screwed himself by being the most productive player in the league and wanting to be compensated like a top back.