The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Below average QB that has been compared to Steve Young and has one of the best win % in NFL history. Dude the anti-DC. 

Handsome, winner, likeable, leader

All things was inept with

Can you see my new sig???

Haha Jimmy got that Dogg in him.

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

to summerize, I was answering the question of, how can the niners be so good while jimmy being mid with the 7th highest win percentage. 
I was implying the team was very good. 

are you saying that I cant compare Purdys win percentage to Jimmys, because Purdy had a better team? 

Do you see the problem with now arguing that lol? 
You, and others, have been ignoring the team aspect the whole time. 
But now saying it matters when against your point? 

QED

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL If what you're saying is true then it shouldn't matter one bit that he is going from playing behind the best D in the NFL, one of the top Olines, a top play caller and an O littered with weapons to the dumpster fire known as the LV Raiders.   

Playoffs here we come...  Why because Jimmy G is a "winner". No context needed, he just wins 😂

Why are you here then?

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Why are you here then?

Is your claim all fans have to be clueless homers that cant criticize the team?  I have been a Raider fan my whole life but I am also a realist and call it like I see it.  Being a homer, shill is is not a true fan. 

That would be like some idiot condoning the turning of an asset like Carr into a liability.  Only a complete fool would advocate the way that was handled by our front office.  That was a checkers move in the world of checkers and was a sign of complete incompetence by JM/DZ.  

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Is your claim all fans have to be clueless homers that cant criticize the team?  I have been a Raider fan my whole life but I am also a realist and call it like I see it.  Being a homer, shill is is not a true fan. 

That would be like some idiot condoning the turning of an asset like Carr into a liability.  Only a complete fool would advocate the way that was handled by our front office.  That was a checkers move in the world of checkers and was a sign of complete incompetence by JM/DZ.  

But you loved they gave him a NTC the real incompetence was extending him.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

But you loved they gave him a NTC the real incompetence was extending him.

I never understood the NTC from a team perspective however once it was announced I didn't think there was any way Carr wouldn't be our Qb for at least two seasons. Who could have fathomed such incompetence from our front office by extending Carr, including the NTC and then moving on with not only zero in return but a 6M cap hit for the upcoming season?  Not one poster on here can condone this incompetence. 

I was in favor of keeping Carr until we had a clear upgrade in place and thought it was foolish to move on with no game plan, netting nothing in return.  That is 100 percent on JM and DZ and it's a blunder like this that gets people fired especially if they post a 4ish win season. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

With KS coaching and the stacked roster all the 9ers need is someone who is average at best which Jimmy G is.  As average as Jimmy G is there is a huge difference between him and a super bum like Nick "Montana" Mullins.  I remember 9er fans thinking he was the next big thing after he carved up our pathetic D like a Thanksgiving turkey.  I was laughing calling him a clipboard holder that carved up a high school caliber D which turned out to be the case....

The 9ers won in spite of Jimmy G not because of him which will be highlighted this year as the 9ers will be good and Jimmy G will show who he really is playing behind a terrible D, playing catch up every game and not having to protect a lead.  

Well said and on an extension to this, it's the very reason I don't understand why the 49ers wouldn't give Lance the keys. Lance has an insane ceiling compared to Purdy and Darnold. If you have a team and coaching staff that good, why wouldn't they roll with the kid who has far and away the most potential?

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I never understood the NTC from a team perspective however once it was announced I didn't think there was any way Carr wouldn't be our Qb for at least two seasons. Who could have fathomed such incompetence from our front office by extending Carr, including the NTC and then moving on with not only zero in return but a 6M cap hit for the upcoming season?  Not one poster on here can condone this incompetence. 

I was in favor of keeping Carr until we had a clear upgrade in place and thought it was foolish to move on with no game plan, netting nothing in return.  That is 100 percent on JM and DZ and it's a blunder like this that gets people fired especially if they post a 4ish win season. 

Nah you rubbed it in everybody face how it was the greatest move all time, how Carr will be here until he's 35 and this genius front office see things the way you do, and the haters should get over it. Now you just butt hurt. 

Nobody is happy with getting nothing for Carr you acting like people condone getting nothing is just lame, but whats done is done, it comes down to the product on the field. There won't be enough crow for you to eat if this team has a winning season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Majority of us is just enjoying the reports that football is back. In addition our team looks improved.

Who knows what the season holds but this stuff is exciting. It’s not time to criticize what was done in the offseason. Let the season play out. You just sound bitter to be honest 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Majority of us is just enjoying the reports that football is back. In addition our team looks improved.

Who knows what the season holds but this stuff is exciting. It’s not time to criticize what was done in the offseason. Let the season play out. You just sound bitter to be honest 

Whether or not we agree, I think he is entitled to his opinion. 
Tbf this team is in flux and it’s the weirdest I’ve felt about a season in a while. Not a rebuild, but certainly not going all in either.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Slurped Carr for 9 seasons making every excuse for him isn't really calling it like you see it. 

Still not willing to admit Carr had a hand in his handling. Got paid like Trazan, played like Jane.  

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Whether or not we agree, I think he is entitled to his opinion. 
Tbf this team is in flux and it’s the weirdest I’ve felt about a season in a while. Not a rebuild, but certainly not going all in either.

A re-load as Al Davis used to say. 

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I am happy football is back but mostly for fantasy purposes.  I want the Raiders to be SB champions who are well coached, have a bully D, led by a young stud QB.  That is all I really want.  When I see the team heading down that path I will be very vocal in saying so but this team is not good.  They flat out suck...  

JM/DZ have made inexcusable blunders and have had two off seasons to build the roster their way.  They inherited a team that went to the playoffs after a season marred by tragedy and adversity that was coached by a special teams coordinator.  The product they put on the field last year was a massive embarrassment. 

This is exactly the time to criticize the idiotic moves that were made in the offseason.  Downgrading the QB position was not smart, receiving nothing for an asset like Carr and incurring a 6M cap hit is an inexcusable mistake, having 45M to spend in FA and fielding a team that is arguably worse than last season is unacceptable.  

Like I have said for years now, show me a legit QB upgrade and I am all for moving on from Carr but to do so with no plan which ultimately leads to a downgrade at the position is a foolish mistake.   

This upcoming season will tell us a lot.  If Carr has success in NO this year while Jimmy G gets injured or flops there is no excuse in the world that can save JM's job.  It will be fascinating to see how this all plays out.  Jimmy G has "won" throughout his career and will now be playing with the worst HC, D and overall roster of his career.  Am I wrong and is Jimmy G the reason the 9ers won so many games or was I right and he is nothing more than a below average game manager who the team won in spite of?  Am I wrong about Carr being a top 12ish QB who a team can win with if surrounded by decent weapons and most importantly a D that is not amongst the worst in the NFL?  

This season will answer a lot of those questions and if I am right I find it hard to believe that JM is coaching this squad next year....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr stan logic (aka frankie and humble):

The Raiders failures were on everyone except DC

The 49ers success were because of everyone except Jimmy

🤣

I think the underlining aspect here, is that its a TEAM sport. 
Trying to blame 1 person for failures, is different than putting the success on an entire side of the ball. 

The Raiders Failures were largely due to having a bottom 5 D, over the last 9 years. 
Could Carr have done better yes, Could Mahommes have won a superbowl here, i doubt it. 

The Niners success was largely due to having a top 3 D over the last 4 years. 
Could Jimmy have done better yes, could 5-10 QBs won a superbowl with that team, I think so. 

With a bottom tier D, league leaders in penalties and dead money most seasons, looking back over the 9 years of Carrs career, Id say we did about as expected without a non elite QB. 

It would take a lot of things to go right to make the playoffs, aka 4-0 in OT, or having the DPOY. 

-
We wasted so many resources.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am happy football is back but mostly for fantasy purposes.  I want the Raiders to be SB champions who are well coached, have a bully D, led by a young stud QB.  That is all I really want.  When I see the team heading down that path I will be very vocal in saying so but this team is not good.  They flat out suck...  

JM/DZ have made inexcusable blunders and have had two off seasons to build the roster their way.  They inherited a team that went to the playoffs after a season marred by tragedy and adversity that was coached by a special teams coordinator.  The product they put on the field last year was a massive embarrassment. 

This is exactly the time to criticize the idiotic moves that were made in the offseason.  Downgrading the QB position was not smart, receiving nothing for an asset like Carr and incurring a 6M cap hit is an inexcusable mistake, having 45M to spend in FA and fielding a team that is arguably worse than last season is unacceptable.  

Like I have said for years now, show me a legit QB upgrade and I am all for moving on from Carr but to do so with no plan which ultimately leads to a downgrade at the position is a foolish mistake.   

This upcoming season will tell us a lot.  If Carr has success in NO this year while Jimmy G gets injured or flops there is no excuse in the world that can save JM's job.  It will be fascinating to see how this all plays out.  Jimmy G has "won" throughout his career and will now be playing with the worst HC, D and overall roster of his career.  Am I wrong and is Jimmy G the reason the 9ers won so many games or was I right and he is nothing more than a below average game manager who the team won in spite of?  Am I wrong about Carr being a top 12ish QB who a team can win with if surrounded by decent weapons and most importantly a D that is not amongst the worst in the NFL?  

This season will answer a lot of those questions and if I am right I find it hard to believe that JM is coaching this squad next year....

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lfs8lwri5frnuy5v4t