The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

So all the missed time was over about 1.7M and .2M of incentives? 

and we gave Brian Hoyer 2yrs,4.5m fully guaranteed…and he’s probably getting cut and never play a single down and get paid for 2 years.  We can afford to pay Brandon Bolden 2.85m.

so if we can afford to pay Jacobs 10m… we can certainly afford to pay him 12m…. Just don’t waste money in other areas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Cringey, cryptic JJ is back...

Doesn’t he mean ‘love of money is the root of all evil’?? Anyway, regardless it’s great to have him back in time for the damn Donkeys. He’s got their number. 

And all is well in the world 🙂

I totally believe he earned and deserved it. But let’s be honest, anybody should be giddy as a school girl to get payed 12 mil. For 1 year ......TO PLAY A GAME YOU LOVE!!! Hello?!!!👍🤣🤣😎😎 I’d stab someone in the neck for that kinda money!! Hell, i might do it just to be able to put pads back on and play the game one more time!! 👍🤣🤣🍻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

I totally believe he earned and deserved it. But let’s be honest, anybody should be giddy as a school girl to get payed 12 mil. For 1 year ......TO PLAY A GAME YOU LOVE!!! Hello?!!!👍🤣🤣😎😎 I’d stab someone in the neck for that kinda money!! Hell, i might do it just to be able to put pads back on and play the game one more time!! 👍🤣🤣🍻

Not when you consider how much coaches/owners make look at Matt rhule dude sucked hella bad for 2-3 years and still walked with more $ than jj, Barkley will probably ever make in their whole career combined. It’s more than a game it’s a year round commitment I don’t think people understand how hard “some” guys work to stay in the league. Literally one play away from death or paralysis for our entertainment. I honestly thought coaching was easy until my first year hc. I tell you I was burnt tf out last game and was happy season was over. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:
6 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Expand  

Not when you consider how much coaches/owners make look at Matt rhule dude sucked hella bad for 2-3 years and still walked with more $ than jj, Barkley will probably ever make in their whole career combined. It’s more than a game it’s a year round commitment I don’t think people understand how hard “some” guys work to stay in the league. Literally one play away from death or paralysis for our entertainment. I honestly thought coaching was easy until my first year hc. I tell you I was burnt tf out last game and was happy season was over

I honestly think it’s a bit of both tbh. A lot of guys put their bodies through hell and will struggle with bad knees, back, shoulders, CTE etc. and it’s a massive sacrifice, however, very few other professions offer the potential rewards so it’s give and take and why I respect guys like Andrew Luck who gets out whilst he’s still got his faculties.

It can get a little galling when guys are complaining because they get paid 10mil instead of 12mil when you think what nurses and teachers and care workers earn and what they put up with but there is a trade off no doubt.

53 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I honestly think it’s a bit of both tbh. A lot of guys put their bodies through hell and will struggle with bad knees, back, shoulders, CTE etc. and it’s a massive sacrifice, however, very few other professions offer the potential rewards so it’s give and take and why I respect guys like Andrew Luck who gets out whilst he’s still got his faculties.

It can get a little galling when guys are complaining because they get paid 10mil instead of 12mil when you think what nurses and teachers and care workers earn and what they put up with but there is a trade off no doubt.

Actually basketball and baseball pay alot more for being less physical.

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Actually basketball and baseball pay alot more for being less physical.

Oh wow, I didn’t know that! I don’t watch either of those but they look much less physical than football. I tried to watch a game of baseball last time I was in California but I had no idea what was going on 😁 hotdogs were nice though!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Oh wow, I didn’t know that! I don’t watch either of those but they look much less physical than football. I tried to watch a game of baseball last time I was in California but I had no idea what was going on 😁 hotdogs were nice though!

Well besides NFL QB's

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I would’ve thought nba due to more games played that interesting 

NFL crushes all the other sports leagues.

NFL did 18 billion in 2022

MLB - 10.3 bil

NBA - 10 bil

NHL - 4.8 bil

Average annual player salary:

NBA - 8.32 mil

MLB - 4.03 mil

NFL - 3.26 mil

NHL - 2.69 mil

Baseball is the sport to play imo. Don't have to be a superior athlete, lowest risk of injury and you can easily play into your 40's. 

Edited by big_palooka