Fallout TV Show

MKnight82

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The thing that attacked them out of the water I didn't recognize at all. Would have preferred Mirelurks there honestly. An Eyebot would have been cool too. 

They're from Far Harbor. Gulpers were mutated salamanders.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Well it's Amazon and not Netflix so I would guess it'll be coming back 

Given the success of this series and Amazon being gung ho about their prime video service, I'd be shocked if we didn't get a season 2. 
Seriously they poured billions into their LOTR show. Plus the boys and Invincible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xmad said:

Given the success of this series and Amazon being gung ho about their prime video service, I'd be shocked if we didn't get a season 2. 
Seriously they poured billions into their LOTR show. Plus the boys and Invincible. 

Especially since they've already been awarded a $25 million tax break to film season two in California if they do make it.

Between that, the attention online, and the rave reviews it would make zero sense to not keep it going.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The thing that attacked them out of the water I didn't recognize at all. Would have preferred Mirelurks there honestly. An Eyebot would have been cool too. 

Gulpers. They were exclusive to the Far Harbor DLC in Fallout 4

14 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

They're from Far Harbor. Gulpers were mutated salamanders.

49 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Gulpers. They were exclusive to the Far Harbor DLC in Fallout 4

Definitely not the same as the ones in the game though. They look very different and have very different origins.

Was curious why they didn't just go with a Mirelurk or Mirelurk King/Queen for that part.

• Like 2

Would there even be Super mutants or Centaurs all the way out west? Didn't they originate from vault 87's failed experiment in DC? I suppose over 200 years they could have spread all the way west. Ehh nevermind forgot they are in the New Vegas game too. 

Edited by Shockwave

32 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Would there even be Super mutants or Centaurs all the way out west? Didn't they originate from vault 87's failed experiment in DC? I suppose over 200 years they could have spread all the way west. Ehh nevermind forgot they are in the New Vegas game too. 

No. In the original Fallout they were produced by The Master by a substance called FEV in a secret military base in California. I think Fallout canon is the opposite of what you’re saying, the Super Mutants came from out west. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No. In the original Fallout they were produced by The Master by a substance called FEV in a secret military base in California. I think Fallout canon is the opposite of what you’re saying, the Super Mutants came from out west. 

Ahh see never played either of the original games. Started with FO3 and been hooked ever since. I just remember 87 being the origin of them

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Super_mutant_(Fallout_3)

I guess 87's experiment made them larger and stronger

36 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Trying to play Fallout one on PC and wow.. this is brutal. I don't think I can get through this. I can see how it would have been amazing back in the day but yikes

I've watched videos of it and yeah, I couldn't do it lol. Like you said, back in the day, absolutely, but gaming has come too far to go back to that IMO. I really want them to remaster New Vegas or something like that and put it out on PS5 (Bethesda being owned by MS doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies though). Can't play 76 unless you're online so I have no interest.

• Like 1

Wow, really loved this. Wife and I are big fallout fans. I am going back in to FO3 which at the time was my favourite game of all time, but it is a pretty rough playthrough in 2024. Will do New Vegas next - I had a similar experience to @minutemancl except I never went back to play it, so it will be a first time for me. I got really turned off when couldnt go anywhere I wanted in the game, got smoked by a high level bloatfly after leaving the main area, then an albino radscorpion and never picked it up again. Also as mentioned the game had so many bugs at launch when I tried it. 

Spoiler

I was a little disappointed we didnt get any of what I would consider the main irradiated enemies in FO - Super Mutant, rad scorpion, or deathclaw. I figured they might save the deathclaw for a later episode or teaser which they did, but man what a bummer. Even the feral ghouls were barely used. 

While I havent played NV, I do know a fair amount about the story. I will be interested to see which ending they choose and if there is another branch of the NCR around Vegas. 

Edited by JBURGE

10 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Ahh see never played either of the original games. Started with FO3 and been hooked ever since. I just remember 87 being the origin of them

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Super_mutant_(Fallout_3)

I guess 87's experiment made them larger and stronger

Ya they were like the end game bad guys in Fallout 1. Then in 2 they dealt with the aftermath with some of them not being hostile and integrating into society. I know the Super Mutants out west were from the Master not sure if Bethesda kept that continuity for the east coast or not. 

10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Wow, really loved this. Wife and I are big fallout fans. I am going back in to FO3 which at the time was my favourite game of all time, but it is a pretty rough playthrough in 2024. Will do New Vegas next - I had a similar experience to @minutemancl except I never went back to play it, so it will be a first time for me. I got really turned off when couldnt go anywhere I wanted in the game, got smoked by a high level bloatfly after leaving the main area, then an albino radscorpion and never picked it up again. 

I'm both jealous and super excited for you.

Just now, minutemancl said:

I'm both jealous and super excited for you.

I hope I can stick with it, I am already finding FO3 brutal to play through again. The gameplay is so bad

12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Wow, really loved this. Wife and I are big fallout fans. I am going back in to FO3 which at the time was my favourite game of all time, but it is a pretty rough playthrough in 2024. Will do New Vegas next - I had a similar experience to @minutemancl except I never went back to play it, so it will be a first time for me. I got really turned off when couldnt go anywhere I wanted in the game, got smoked by a high level bloatfly after leaving the main area, then an albino radscorpion and never picked it up again. 

Reveal hidden contents

I was a little disappointed we didnt get any of what I would consider the main irradiated enemies in FO - Super Mutant, rad scorpion, or deathclaw. I figured they might save the deathclaw for a later episode or teaser which they did, but man what a bummer. Even the feral ghouls were barely used. 

While I havent played NV, I do know a fair amount about the story. I will be interested to see which ending they choose and if there is another branch of the NCR around Vegas. 

The only thing you should be aware of before playing New Vegas is that the game has a complex Faction system that shifts how each faction will react to you at all times. My recommendation is to not just shoot everyone at first sight and talk to everyone first if it allows you, even the bad guys. If you start killing people from factions they won’t talk to you anymore and you might miss out on some content. New Vegas is also another game where I would try to stick to the main quest line as best as you can for awhile to also avoid the faction issues. 

• Like 1