HoF Semifinalists Announced

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I could definitely not see him getting in on the first ballot, especially since they are making TO wait. The two have eerily comparable careers and suffer from similar personality issues that voters won't like. It's hard to justify making TO sit and wait, but give it to Moss on the first ballot. Yes, I think the latter was a more talented player, but what they did on the field was extremely similar. I think he should definitely be a first ballot lock, but voters hate wide receivers, and they really seem to loathe diva type wide receivers. 

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Moss gets bypassed this year. 

I agree, but I think Terrell Owens' personality issues are much more pronounced than Moss'.  I think Owens has a bad wrap on him for being a horrible teammate pretty much every major spot he's been in - 49ers, Cowboys and especially the massive drama he was a central part of in Philadelphia.  I don't think Moss is viewed anywhere near as 'toxic' or a bad teammate as Owens is.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I agree, but I think Terrell Owens' personality issues are much more pronounced than Moss'.  I think Owens has a bad wrap on him for being a horrible teammate pretty much every major spot he's been in - 49ers, Cowboys and especially the massive drama he was a central part of in Philadelphia.  I don't think Moss is viewed anywhere near as 'toxic' or a bad teammate as Owens is.

The one thing that really hurts Moss though is that whole, "I play when I want to" thing. That's a harsh label to have; quitting on your teammates on the field, and I do believe that some are going to hold that against him. That is not nearly as pronounced for TO as it is for Moss, and I could see how some voters have more of an issue with that then they do with TO's issues. It's really hard to say because it's something that is so subjective. They should easily both be in based on what they did on the field. 

30 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hope you’re right but i doubt it

Prisco thinks he's a lock.

Shame there is even an argument against him. Longevity does play a role, I get it, but Boselli was such a rare breed and most considered him the best LT of that generation. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Shame there is even an argument against him. Longevity does play a role, I get it, but Boselli was such a rare breed and most considered him the best LT of that generation. 

Its an interesting conundrum. He was the more talented lineman than either Faneca or Hutchinson, playing a harder position, but obviously his career wasn't as long and you could argue that the former two had the better overall career because of that. I think that TD getting in really helped Boselli, so if he doesn't get in this year, I think it's coming soon. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Tony Boselli only played six or seven years.  Most considered him the best LT of that generation?  Yea, maybe most Jaguar fans. 

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Willie Roaf, Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace and Walter Jones.  Those guys don't exist anymore?

When did I say they don't exist? Doesnt change what I said. Boselli plays more than he did and hes right up there with Munoz as a talent. 

Munoz has echoed that on several occassions, saying hes one of the best LTs hes ever seen play.

Just now, .Buzz said:

When did I say they don't exist? Doesnt change what I said. Boselli plays more than he did and hes right up there with Munoz as a talent. 

Munoz has echoed that on several occassions, saying hes one of the best LTs hes ever seen play.

Yes, Boselli was a great LT.  He wasn't head and shoulders better than any of the four guys I listed and didn't play as long.  I highly disagree with 'most people think Boselli is the best LT of that generation.'  One could argue that out of the four guys I listed + Boselli, that he wasn't even top 3.  Those other guys were that great and played for much longer.

I'll take them over Boselli.

Just now, showtime said:

Yes, Boselli was a great LT.  He wasn't head and shoulders better than any of the four guys I listed and didn't play as long.  I highly disagree with 'most people think Boselli is the best LT of that generation.'  One could argue that out of the four guys I listed + Boselli, that he wasn't even top 3.  Those other guys were that great and played for much longer.

I'll take them over Boselli.

Again, I get he didnt do it as long which is the only reason why he isnt in. 

Put Boselli at the top of his game compared to those guys at the top of theirs and Boselli is right there if he isnt at the top of the list. 

Thats what the HOF should be about, especially considering although his career was cut short he still played for 6 yrs. When a player was as good as Boselli was, that should be enough. Looks like we're starting to get that way with TD going in.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Put Boselli at the top of his game compared to those guys at the top of theirs and Boselli is right there if he isnt at the top of the list. 

Thats what the HOF should be about, especially considering although his career was cut short he still played for 6 yrs. When a player was as good as Boselli was, that should be enough. Looks like we're starting to get that way with TD going in.

Boselli will eventually get into the hall of fame.  All I'm saying is, he shouldn't be a lock and he isn't the best LT of his generation.  Honestly, with this particular ballot, I wouldn't vote him in.  Too many other guys more deserving.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not saying if you put a 15 yr elite LT career as a whole compared to Boselli 6 yrs hes better because he didnt do it as long, but as a pure talent when you put these guys at the top of their game? Whew, not sure how you can say he's not. If so, its extremely close.

Archived