HoF Semifinalists Announced

bucsfan333

Just now, .Buzz said:

How are guys like TD then? Assuming you are basing it on longevity and not talent.

If I'm 100% honest, I'd never even HEARD of this guy before he was mentioned in this thread. When you only play 7 seasons, and aren't even top 3 of your era, then you aren't a hall of famer.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

The recent additions of Warner and Davis help Boselli. Also Jimmy Johnson. Seems like the HOF has allowed the shooting star effect to be acceptable now. 

Its more about the exceptions. 

Also depends if youre one who is all about longevity or getting the best ever players in there.

Boselli is the only one left from the All-decade team in the 1990s that hasn't gotten in.

Just now, Danger said:

If I'm 100% honest, I'd never even HEARD of this guy before he was mentioned in this thread. When you only play 7 seasons, and aren't even top 3 of your era, then you aren't a hall of famer.

Except by most he was a top 3 talent in his era. Only playing 6 seasons has done him in on this.

Also, it's Jacksonville. Put this guy in PIT and you're singing a different tune. Just because he played in a small market shouldn't make it so he gets screwed for HOF. A talent is a talent regardless of where he plays, and JAX when he played was a constant contender.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Except by most he was a top 3 talent in his era. Only playing 6 seasons has done him in on this.

Also, it's Jacksonville. Put this guy in PIT and you're singing a different tune. Just because he played in a small market shouldn't make it so he gets screwed for HOF. A talent is a talent regardless of where he plays, and JAX when he played was a constant contender.

Going back go the top 3 ordeal, this is about top of his game vs the ones listed at the top of theres, which is how it should be when talking the HOF and what it looks like they're starting to shift to considering TD got in.

Terrell Davis and Kurt Warner are both in the Hall-of-Fame and Tony Boselli belongs there as well.  Davis and Warner were obviously much more popular players, so more casual fans and just fans in general know who they are.  Even someone who started watching football five years ago probably knows who those guys are.  But this doesn't matter because Hall-of-Fame voting is not done by fans.  The committee who vote on the Hall-of-Fame definitely know who Tony Boselli is.

Here's the bottom line on Boselli - It might take him a while to get into the Hall-of-Fame, but he 100% deserves to be in.  The shorter length of his career is the only thing holding up back.  Had he played longer, he was on track to be one of the greatest tackles ever.  Obviously that's a projection, but you can do the same thing with Terrell Davis and Kurt Warner.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

There are a whole plethora of players who deserve to get in before Boselli, if he does get in it's going to be a LONG time.

If your main criteria is longevity, sure.

If its about the best players, which the committee is going for. Then no.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

There are a whole plethora of players who deserve to get in before Boselli, if he does get in it's going to be a LONG time.

Plus, cconsidering you said you'd never heard of him prior to a few years ago no wonder why you believe this lol.

Id say the same thing about a guy I dont know about.

Archived