Week 13 GDT: Chargers at Raiders - Playoff Run Starts Now!

NYRaider

Can we keep the run to 10-7 going?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chargers

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

8 paragraphs - check 

Post ending with a joke that doesn’t land - check 

Brevity is certainly not a strength. 

And relevancy certainly isn't one of yours.

I'll shorten it up for you: GFY. 

🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by ronjon1990

14 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Those losses to jags and colts hurt so much now. 

14 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Really hope Graham continues to be aggressive with defensive play calling. The blitzes made sense yesterday. The pressure helped the secondary perform much better. I'm not a Graham fan but if he gives us 4 to 5 weeks like this to end season, you got to bring him back. 

Both sides have looked better. We knew going in both schemes were complex. It’s taken a minute to adjust but there has been progress. If this continues itd be foolish not to bring everyone back. We have to establish a culture and not keep starting over. Imagine taking a couple years to bring guys in for a specific scheme that they understand? One day lol 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

If Chargers miss the playoffs I hope their fans give him the Carr treatment.

- Blame not making the playoffs on him 100%
- say they cant give him everything, He has probowl RB, two probowl caliber WR, game changers on D in bosa mack and James. . . I mean what more could a QB want! (am i right?)
- start calling him soft when he gets rocked mult times a game from a bad oline lol
- label any reasonable logic reason for struggles an excuse and dismiss it

Would love to see it, although, I am sure Sean Payton is licking his chops to coach a QB who has never made the playoffs (if they miss), because, football is a team game, and not just on the QB. 

You got to remember when Carr was getting all of this criticism he was doing some things that warranted it.  He would not take a hit to complete a pass, he would not run, he refused to extend plays, and started going down when defenders got close to him without touching him.  Mentally he was broken and he had to get his head right.  He still has issues but he had a run for a few years where he looked scared.  He had injuries and bad o-line play which caused him to not trust.  I get that but to act like he was Joe Burrow out there with inferior players and it was everyone else's fault is being blind to his bad play back then.  I do not see anyone criticizing him now and actually the people who have, including myself, are giving him credit for his improvement.  He is still not great but he looks comfortable now and is playing with confidence.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You got to remember when Carr was getting all of this criticism he was doing some things that warranted it.  He would not take a hit to complete a pass, he would not run, he refused to extend plays, and started going down when defenders got close to him without touching him.  Mentally he was broken and he had to get his head right.  He still has issues but he had a run for a few years where he looked scared.  He had injuries and bad o-line play which caused him to not trust.  I get that but to act like he was Joe Burrow out there with inferior players and it was everyone else's fault is being blind to his bad play back then.  I do not see anyone criticizing him now and actually the people who have, including myself, are giving him credit for his improvement.  He is still not great but he looks comfortable now and is playing with confidence.

Yup I agree with a lot of this, but the first year with Gruden was legit an awful team. Yes Carr was playing bad, but the team was terrible, Gruden blew it up. 
Then all the Carr cant elevate talent around him, WRs hate playing for Carr, Carr makes our Oline look worse, Carr puts our D in terrible spots. . . started coming out. There was a lot to criticize Carr for, but, it got out of hand imo.   
All of which i dont believe are true, Carr has made a number of journeymen WRs look good. Cooper something clearly was up with the two, but just named Carr his fav teamate. Carrs quick release is actually a massive plus for our Oline. 

I know there was one poster who said he was better than Mahommes haha, I was not that, just always maintained he was a fringe top 10 guy. He needs help clearly, but with Waller and Renfrow on the sideline, hes kinda showing, he needs 2 studs around him on O. Weve paid 3 and have Jacobs whos crushing it clearly, making it easier on him. Adams is such a beast and deserves so many targets its almost a waste having 2 other high paid targets. It will be fun if everyone starts clicking though

I think Carr is finally starting to play well this year but, still has a lot of room to improve. It does seem the last 3 or 4 weeks with season essentially on the line, he has been more aggressive. Which has lead to INTS, but also a more explosive looking O. 

I am fine with moving on, for the right price, or if we want to rebuild things "properly". But it does seem like we are starting to see the beginning of JMDs envision on O. I think depending on how year ends Carr will be back, 5 weeks ago I did not. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Watched a post game presser with da and he said after the first qtr he had to pull carr to the side. DA is gonna get his and imo he’s a god send to carr. Pre DA Carr would crumble after a early int/ pick6. Carr needs da at this point in his career 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Watched a post game presser with da and he said after the first qtr he had to pull carr to the side. DA is gonna get his and imo he’s a god send to carr. Pre DA Carr would crumble after a early int/ pick6. Carr needs da at this point in his career 

at 5-8, maybe so did Rodgers the past few seasons 😵🤔
Who would of thought, the best WR helps a QB, what a crazy concept. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Yup I agree with a lot of this, but the first year with Gruden was legit an awful team. Yes Carr was playing bad, but the team was terrible, Gruden blew it up. 
Then all the Carr cant elevate talent around him, WRs hate playing for Carr, Carr makes our Oline look worse, Carr puts our D in terrible spots. . . started coming out. There was a lot to criticize Carr for, but, it got out of hand imo.   
All of which i dont believe are true, Carr has made a number of journeymen WRs look good. Cooper something clearly was up with the two, but just named Carr his fav teamate. Carrs quick release is actually a massive plus for our Oline. 

I know there was one poster who said he was better than Mahommes haha, I was not that, just always maintained he was a fringe top 10 guy. He needs help clearly, but with Waller and Renfrow on the sideline, hes kinda showing, he needs 2 studs around him on O. Weve paid 3 and have Jacobs whos crushing it clearly, making it easier on him. Adams is such a beast and deserves so many targets its almost a waste having 2 other high paid targets. It will be fun if everyone starts clicking though

I think Carr is finally starting to play well this year but, still has a lot of room to improve. It does seem the last 3 or 4 weeks with season essentially on the line, he has been more aggressive. Which has lead to INTS, but also a more explosive looking O. 

I am fine with moving on, for the right price, or if we want to rebuild things "properly". But it does seem like we are starting to see the beginning of JMDs envision on O. I think depending on how year ends Carr will be back, 5 weeks ago I did not. 

Still think it had more to do with the Raiders franchise than any gripe about his teammates. 

Not to mention, how we used WRs the last few years has largely been mind boggling to me. I don't think we used Cooper right. Somehow we used Agholor better than anyone. We then spent a long time using Ruggs way wrong. We didn't use Zay correctly. We got a ton of production, relatively speaking, out of Edwards. 

Adams was used oddly early on but we've moved away from it. Hard to say about Renfrow, and even Hollins to a degree yet. But yeah, with Cooper I think it just had more to do with how he was used and where he wanted to be more than some made up beef with Carr. People tried to peddle that Waller legit didn't like Carr last year too lol. 

• Like 1

So you agree with the rest of my statement?

Do you really want to compare carr to rodgers?

I agree that DA is a god send to Carr, but believe he is a god send to any QB. 
He is the best WR in the game. Literally he will make any QB better. 

I also strongly disagree with DA saying he had to pull carr to the side. 
Unless I watched a different interview, you are aggressively putting words in his mouth to fit your narrative. 
He said"
Sometimes the coach comes and tells him what he is thinking, Or DC will say keep your head in it and ill come find you, or he will approach either one, the best part about the team is no one is above one another.

https://www.raiders.com/video/keep-it-rolling-raiders-overcome-slow-start-stun-chargers-nfl-week-13-2022

16:30 clip

He also said, Yeah it was a slow start, but DC and I talked and we on the same page
15:45 clip

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Watched a post game presser with da and he said after the first qtr he had to pull carr to the side. DA is gonna get his and imo he’s a god send to carr. 

Did you purposely  over exaggerate this to make it seem like DA is getting frustrated with Carr?  Maybe just sublimimal hearing what you want, but I literally hear DA saying, we are all on same page, and no one is above one another etc. 

For the rest since you asked, honestly feel like most of the pick 6s Carr throws are towards end of games. . maybe an early one against KC before. . . but to imply he does it often and then folds I disagree with. 

I do agree sometimes bad starts turn ugly real fast. When you are on a talentless team, it gets tough to dig out and players start to push. 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

at 5-8, maybe so did Rodgers the past few seasons 😵🤔
Who would of thought, the best WR helps a QB, what a crazy concept. 

Do you really want to compare carr to rodgers?

Ahh, see no where did I compare Carr to Rodgers. 
I used Rodgers this year, vs last year, to show that Adams would help any QB. 
Can you understand the difference between that? 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

I agree that DA is a god send to Carr, but believe he is a god send to any QB. 
He is the best WR in the game. Literally he will make any QB better. 

I also strongly disagree with DA saying he had to pull carr to the side. 
Unless I watched a different interview, you are aggressively putting words in his mouth to fit your narrative. 
He said"
Sometimes the coach comes and tells him what he is thinking, Or DC will say keep your head in it and ill come find you, or he will approach either one, the best part about the team is no one is above one another.

https://www.raiders.com/video/keep-it-rolling-raiders-overcome-slow-start-stun-chargers-nfl-week-13-2022

16:30 clip

He also said, Yeah it was a slow start, but DC and I talked and we on the same page
15:45 clip

Did you purposely  over exaggerate this to make it seem like DA is getting frustrated with Carr?  Maybe just sublimimal hearing what you want, but I literally hear DA saying, we are all on same page, and no one is above one another etc. 

For the rest since you asked, honestly feel like most of the pick 6s Carr throws are towards end of games. . maybe an early one against KC before. . . but to imply he does it often and then folds I disagree with. 

I do agree sometimes bad starts turn ugly real fast. When you are on a talentless team, it gets tough to dig out and players start to push. 

Ahh, see no where did I compare Carr to Rodgers. 
I used Rodgers this year, vs last year, to show that Adams would help any QB. 
Can you understand the difference between that? 

You wild man lol take a 3 line statement and write a essay about it lol good god. 

you must have time today lol

”pull to the side” is negative? I sware anything that isn’t slurptastic on carr y’all take as an insult.

anyways since you’re elbow deep in your assumption bag. Hear me out

I once believed carr didn’t need a1 weapons like someone mentioned above siting crab, hunter and nelly. I change my stance. I think carr needs someone with more status/ accomplishments like DA to push him. Especially during rough stretches. I think that’s exactly what DA is doing. I don’t think it’s a bad thing I love it cause carr is lightweight on fire and we’re winning. He’s not crumbling under pressure (that’s a compliment btw). 

Never once did I say anything bad about carr for your aggressive defensive response Lolol y’all carr lovers man

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You wild man lol take a 3 line statement and write a essay about it lol good god. 

you must have time today lol

”pull to the side” is negative? I sware anything that isn’t slurptastic on carr y’all take as an insult.

anyways since you’re elbow deep in your assumption bag. Hear me out

I once believed carr didn’t need a1 weapons like someone mentioned above siting crab, hunter and nelly. I change my stance. I think carr needs someone with more status/ accomplishments like DA to push him. Especially during rough stretches. I think that’s exactly what DA is doing. I don’t think it’s a bad thing I love it cause carr is lightweight on fire and we’re winning. He’s not crumbling under pressure (that’s a compliment btw). 

Never once did I say anything bad about carr for your aggressive defensive response Lolol y’all carr lovers man

Haha def a slower day for me. 
saying he had to pull him to the side kind of implies Carr didn’t want to talk to him no? 
da didn’t have to, they are always talking that’s the point. 

I still think Carr can play better. DA is definitely helping him out.

lol I had left it, then you asked for me to respond so I did. I cited the interview, and gave the timeframes of when he said what was said. 

citing things unfortunately takes time. But it’s better then just saying things with no references imo.