Week 15 Gameday Thread (Buck/Aikman Edition) - Green Bay Packers (5-8-0) vs. LA/St. Louis/LA Rams (4-9-0)

Striker

And that’s part of the fun. And Adams was proof money isn’t everything. I respect older players wanting to play closer to family.

Still a fair expectation for Gute and all his power to get it right in spite of the odds we all would agree stunk at the outlook of losing Adams. That’s why he’s in that position. He’s a lot better at this than us. But it seems like the plan was to play money ball at WR and give Rodgers a raise to come back and save the position.

29 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

And that’s part of the fun. And Adams was proof money isn’t everything. I respect older players wanting to play closer to family.

Still a fair expectation for Gute and all his power to get it right in spite of the odds we all would agree stunk at the outlook of losing Adams. That’s why he’s in that position. He’s a lot better at this than us. But it seems like the plan was to play money ball at WR and give Rodgers a raise to come back and save the position.

And judging by where we are now, it would've worked had Lazard, Cobb, Watson and Doubs had more consistent health this year. 

I thought that at the beginning of the year as well—the combination of role playing veterans including the TEs and Aaron Rodgers could keep the offense afloat while the youth developed. It at least had a chance.

If this is Aaron’s last season, how disappointed are you that this was going “all-in” after 30 years of a fan base clamoring for the team to go all in and strike while the iron was hot and you had the greatest player in team history on the roster? We lived through Favre and Rodgers waiting to see what that would look like. The greatest NFL QB of all time with rings not involved walks off with that being the option. Next chance we get to send a QB out the door we do it right and be stupid for once, agree? Either FA/Trade/Trade Up for a stud? Stack the deck including a WR.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

And judging by where we are now, it would've worked had Lazard, Cobb, Watson and Doubs had more consistent health this year. 

I still think that the OL playing so poorly to start the season, and the surprisingly poor defense would have us in about the same position that we are in right now.  I think we are a good, but not great, team in a pretty down year for quality of play across the board.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I still think that the OL playing so poorly to start the season, and the surprisingly poor defense would have us in about the same position that we are in right now.  I think we are a good, but not great, team in a pretty down year for quality of play across the board.

Good outlook.

I look at this way.

We have a very talented roster today.  We will have a talented roster next year, whether Rodgers comes back or not.

When teams with good rosters have down years, something typically happens.  Like an injury to a QB or something like that.

We had Rodgers with a broken thumb.  We had a poor o-line selection out of camp, and that is on the coaches.  We all knew Hanson was a disaster and we saw that Newman was unable to pick up a simple stunt.

Add to that mess the fact that Barry stinks as a DC.

So our good team underperformed.  Let's get some higher picks in to help the roster even more.  Let's get rid of the dead weight at DC.  And then let's bounce back!

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Good outlook.

I look at this way.

We have a very talented roster today.  We will have a talented roster next year, whether Rodgers comes back or not.

When teams with good rosters have down years, something typically happens.  Like an injury to a QB or something like that.

We had Rodgers with a broken thumb.  We had a poor o-line selection out of camp, and that is on the coaches.  We all knew Hanson was a disaster and we saw that Newman was unable to pick up a simple stunt.

Add to that mess the fact that Barry stinks as a DC.

So our good team underperformed.  Let's get some higher picks in to help the roster even more.  Let's get rid of the dead weight at DC.  And then let's bounce back!

Exactly this. When good teams have bad seasons, there's always a scapegoat, and I hope hope hope it's Barry.

The Jenkins re-signing makes me confident in the o-line whether Bakh is traded or not.

Throw in a likely top 15 pick and we're re-loading for a North title next year.