Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Joe Douglas told me I couldn't have 42 but I could have 43 for Rodgers, I'd honestly consider calling up Belicheck and saying "you want Aaron for a 4th?" Just so I could call Joe back and tell him to go **** himself.

I could see Hoody doing this even if Rodgers retired on the spot. It would screw the Jets and that is worth a 4th round pick. 

I've got to say, I sort of liked the Jets until this trade thing started. Their fans make you have to hate the team. 

If the packers are smart they will value 2024 picks just as highly as 2023.  If they can get 2024 1sts instead of 2023 2nds I would do that all day.

Team/roster is not in great shape, and by 2025/26 they can start to clear out some of the dead weight that will materialize after this season is over.  With that as the window - 2023 picks and 2024 picks are pretty similar to me.

David B, Darnell Savage, Campbell,  Preston smith, Rodgers, etc will all provide roster spots/opportunities and cap space for new players in that window.

Edit: and for that reason I don't think there's a compelling reason to budge just because the draft is approaching.

This team isn't competing for a SB in the next 2 years.  So don't panic about this year's draft -- just get the most you can from whatever team will pay the most.

Edited by skibrett15
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Clown thinking right there. 

So you have nothing to add. If you where the Jets GM you would give them 42 instead of 43 just because right. You must be the same guy that says AR is going to get yoy two first round picks too. SMH. I'm glad not all Pack fans are like this. 

27 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Only when the owner tells him to… like the rumor he didn’t really like Wilson but still used the 2nd overall pick on him.

I think JD and Woody learned from this. Woody shot his mouth off about AR trade and here we are still no trade. JD is going to stick to his plan and even the owner will not bump him off that. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

So you have nothing to add. If you where the Jets GM you would give them 42 instead of 43 just because right. You must be the same guy that says AR is going to get yoy two first round picks too. SMH. I'm glad not all Pack fans are like this. 

A team who has the longest streak of ANY sports franchise in the 4 major leagues of not making the playoffs declining a trade for the GOAT QB over 10 pts on the trade chart is the single most ridiculous thing I've read on this website.

You don't deserve him.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

we are 571 pages in. no one has anything to add.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

He took the words right out of my mouth. The utter nonsense of your statement might be the single dumbest thing anybody reads on the internet today. Congratulations!! 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

A team who has the longest streak of ANY sports franchise in the 4 major leagues of not making the playoffs declining a trade for the GOAT QB over 10 pts on the trade chart is the single most ridiculous thing I've read on this website.

You don't deserve him.

17 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think JD and Woody learned from this. Woody shot his mouth off about AR trade and here we are still no trade. JD is going to stick to his plan and even the owner will not bump him off that. 

And that’s fine… but history doesn’t agree. Maybe they learned, maybe they didn’t.

Time will tell, but history in this league is full of owners forcing deals. No reason to think on a long enough timeline Woody doesn’t get worried about 49ers or NE rumors and forces Joe’s hand.

49 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Some of our guys have completely bought into the Rodgers trade parameters that the Jets have set thru the media.  I'm hoping when the dust finally settles the Packers will do better than expected.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

The average clown in the usa makes 65k

That number is verified by our friends at google.

How much does a Clown make in the United States? The average Clown salary in the United States is $63,434 as of March 28, 2023, but the salary range ...
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Some of our guys have completely bought into the Rodgers trade parameters that the Jets have set thru the media.  I'm hoping when the dust finally settles the Packers will do better than expected.  

Yeah, I said it a while ago, but it bears repeating: the Jets soundly won the initial PR salvo when it comes to initializing Rodgers' value. From "2 3rds" making its rounds causing "2 2nds" to sound like a favor to GB to Gute being accused of demanding too much to the now preposterous idea that a non-conditional 1st in any year would be included...

I simply hope the value actually discussed in the trade room hasn't been as volatile as it's been in the media. I'm guessing it hasn't been, but the media value has shifted dramatically since the early days and all in favor of NY. That strikes me as PR.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

The homeless in NYC make 65K. What is your point? 

This has not been validated by google.

How much does a Homeless Person make in New York? ... As of Mar 29, 2023, the average annual pay for the Homeless Person jobs category in New York is $43,159 a ...